No announcement yet.

DIY - 4 Solar, Motion Sensor, Green or Red Feeder Lights (Hogs) for $39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like it doesnt bother the camera much. any more info on deer getting used to it?

Comment

I wonder if you leave the light off while you aren't there and turn it on when you are there, say on the weekends, if they would be easily spooked by it? As opposed to leaving it on all the time and the animals becoming used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
        looks like it doesnt bother the camera much. any more info on deer getting used to it?

First time I've had this setup & been able to monitor it.

I have coons, doe, bucks & hogs coming to it.

Comment

Originally posted by prandel1 View Post
          I wonder if you leave the light off while you aren't there and turn it on when you are there, say on the weekends, if they would be easily spooked by it? As opposed to leaving it on all the time and the animals becoming used to it.

Dunno, why would you want to turn it off? It's solar powered

Comment

Got 4 put together last night and will mount them this weekend. I did end up using red instead of green. Just a little heads up, I had to use 2 layers of red. With just one layer, it was more of a pinkish/white color. Those little dudes are bright! With 2 layers of red film, it is plenty bright to light the area under the feeder.

Comment

DIY - 4 Solar, Motion Sensor, Green or Red Feeder Lights (Hogs) for $39

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              Got 4 put together last night and will mount them this weekend. I did end up using red instead of green. Just a little heads up, I had to use 2 layers of red. With just one layer, it was more of a pinkish/white color. Those little dudes are bright! With 2 layers of red film, it is plenty bright to light the area under the feeder.

Cool, share some pics if you can
              Last edited by XBowHunter; 02-22-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I did the same with green an doubled the layers,makes a difference.

Comment

4 pack on sale now for $20.

Figured for $5 each I have to give them a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                    Cool, share some pics if you can

Just put them on my feeders today. I put two per Feeder. It obviously didn't phase the hogs at all. Also, it does not affect the camera.

I will need to see in person to see how bright they are though.

Comment

Just put them on my feeders today. I put two per Feeder. It obviously didn't phase the hogs at all. Also, it does not affect the camera.

I will need to see in person to see how bright they are though.

Cool, thanks for sharing

Comment

Comment

Great project! DIY hmmm you really love doing it right.
                          We have also a solar motion sensor

With these solar powered lights, you can illuminate your home adequately, thwart the entry of intruders or thefts, and secure your perimeter sufficiently.

Comment

Working...
                          X