Break Down Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break Down Bow

I am looking into buying a break down bow for travel. Anyone have some experiance with any of these units? I have seen several types, and i am not sure what is best for me. I plan on traveling quite a bit in the next few years, and I will be flying and hiking all around.... So less peices, good reliability, and quality craftmanship....

Thanks for the help...

Lots of quality options out there, the style of bow that you like will determine what most appeals to you. I have a 3 piece longbow from Bob that I bought a cheap shotgun hard case for. Cut out the foam, and gave me a perfect setup for the bow, a half dozen arrows, all my accessories, AND a 4 piece fly-rod - works great for my travels. May try to put two bows in it here shortly, and think it will work.

3 piece bows tend to be a bit more bulky than the 2 piece variants due to them having to put extra mass in the handle (strength, bolt attachments, etc) but I actually prefer the little bit of extra weight.

Several good systems for the 2 piece as well - front hinge, bowbolt, and some more exotic. From what I understand, most work fine if from a reputable bower. Downside of a 2 piece is length. I can fit my 3 piece case in a big duffel, you get a 2 piece 64 inch bow, the case is going to be a 36 inches or so. My case isn't much shorter, but a couple inches makes a difference.

I have not seen many 2 piece recurves, but I am sure they are out there. Most 2 pieces seem to be longbows from what little I know.

Comment

A Sarrels Blueridge takedown longbow is my go-to bow. It travelled well with me to South Africa last summer. It is a 3 piece takedown, I prefer a 3 piece because it breaks down into a smaller package.

Bisch

Comment

I have a 3 pice Great Plains recurve that I take everywhere.

Comment

not a custom 3 piece, but my PSE impala breaks down small enough to fit into a large back pack (ive got a large laptop backpack that holds it quiet nicely)

Comment

Well need to start off with is it going to be a longbow or Recurve.I love my longbows but I needed a short bow for groundblinds and pop-ups. Myself I chose Dryad-Bows a Shaman 54" 3 piece take down @ 55# at my 30.5 draw length. Let me tell you its light really points like the longer bows do absolutely no finger pinch and drives my 640 grain arrows! Quality!!!! Is an understatement. I took a blackbuck years back never did anything with horns ship it to them and had it overlayed into the riser and limb tips. I am very pleased still am every time I take it out. You just need do a little research which looks like you pick the best place here at this site lots good help and experience!

Comment

I have always been partial to 3 piece takedowns from the start. That way It's a little cheaper replacing limbs for different weight or due to damage than it is to replace the whole bow, plus you have the same riser that you are comfortable with.

Comment

Blueridge

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  Blueridge
                  yup

Comment

OK I'll play. I love my Blueridge too. Now there I said it and only eleven more steps to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X