Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST EVER AND WITH A RECURVE!!

Keep in mind this is a girl who had never shot a bow or hunted before we got together and started shooting a recurve in March of this year (it was a 6 month anniversary gift) haha. Well we had a great Thanksgiving with both of our families and decided we would hunt on Friday all day. She couldn't hunt Saturday due to a bow making party with her bridesmaids and mom (not that kind of bow making party, although that would be awesome) it's for our wedding. So we got to the stand at 545am and waited for shooting light. As it came so did the does, fawns, a little 7 pt and then he walked in a huge 10pt. Tanya immediately said he's big (as she started to shake and breathe hard) I said yes why don't you take him. She tried several times to draw on him but each time he would turn wrong and finally she got to full draw and he picked her movement off and it was over. Tanya was down in the dumps alittle thinking back to the big 10. I assured her she would get another chance at a deer. That afternoon we got to the blind around 245pm and settled in for the hunt. About 330 fawns and a young doe came in but she wanted to wait for a buck. Around 430pm a good doe came in and I told her you should take her. Tanya waited a few more minutes then she decided she would. At 450pm the doe turned broadside at 12 yards and as you can see Tanya hit her mark. She was shaking so hard that she couldn't speak. I grabbed her and told her how proud I was of her and that she had just done what most haven't. As we were hugging we heard the crash. I got out of the blind checked the arrow which was covered in blood. We followed a easy blood trail for 30 yards then there she laid. The tears started to flow and Tanya cried also. Haha. I will never be able to put into words the memories I have from this hunting season. If I don't kill another animal, I know this is why we should always be Thankful that our GOD has truly blessed us.
    Last edited by meangene1969; 07-18-2011, 12:23 PM.

Congratulations on a very nice doe. Great job lady! That is definitely an accomplishment.

Comment

Congrats! Is that a Samick Sage she is shooting? If so, what poundage?

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Great stuff there buddy.. Give Miss Tanya a congrats hug from me... Oh and answer your stinkin phone..

Comment

That makes her a bad4$$!!!
            Congrats!

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

big ole fat doe, congrats to your lady

Comment

Congrats! Very impressive!

Comment

fantastic, big congrats

Comment

Congrats Tanya! Sounds like a blessed weekend indeed.

Comment

Great job,......... what is draw # on her bow?

Comment

Cool story and a great shot! Tell her congrats!

Comment

Wow!! Fantastic! Congrats too the both of you, you are a lucky man to have a future wife that likes to share in your hunting adventures!

Comment

congrats thats great

Comment

Working...
                              X