Must watch!! Indigo vs. Rattler death match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must watch!! Indigo vs. Rattler death match

So Saturday (07-08-17) evening I am walking to a stand for an evening/night hunt for hogs and i walk up on this.

Initially, I thought I missed out on the first round because the rattlesnake was acting weird. It would not pick its head up off the dirt and was doing a weird body roll. However, after reviewing footage I am thinking maybe it is some sort of defense mechanism rattlers have towards predators, I don't know. Don't know much about snakes. Hopefully someone will chime in and explain this craziness.

I believe, and I'm probably wrong, but it appears the black snake snaps the neck of the rattler. like that video were that guy pops the neck of the rattler and instantly kills the snake. Maybe something like that. Again, I don't understand snake behavior.

I am pushing the Indigo to be the official Texas Bowhunter mascot. Those things are awesome!!!

FF to about 6 minutes to see the attack. the slow motion part starting when the rattler sticks his fangs out to where the black snake ends the fight is all of about one second. lightning fast!!

Anyway, be safe out and safe hunting...

JJ

Very cool video but the rat snake is the official snake of TBH

Comment

Dang!!!

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I think your first theory is more likely - by the time you got there the Indigo had already partially disabled the rattler. Otherwise I would think it would have been in it's classic defensive posture - coiled and rattling. What I found odd is how the Indigo started chomping the rattler in several places up and down it's body instead of going for it's head. I wonder what that is all about? Cool video!

Comment

Cool encounter, but I am now very dizzy

Comment

that is a great video.

Comment

awesome vid

Comment

Very cool! I'd of loved to seen that live. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Perhaps the bites were merely to get the rattler to reveal his vulnerable spot, his head. He seemed to have it tucked away and the indigo was trying to find it. Just a theory, maybe I'm way off.

Comment

I thought the rattlesnake was acting strange because he wouldn't or couldn't lift his head.
                        I guess indegos are immune to venom?

Comment

Thanks for sharing that one

Comment

very cool! nice to hear the quail in the background too...

Comment

That was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X