No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that deer is getting an arrow if I see him. There are bigger bucks out there for sure but closing the deal on one on public land isnt easy. All it takes is one person to botch an area then you are back to square one.

Comment

I may give it a pass with my rifle, but not with my bow I haven't harvested a buck with a bow yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
        I may give it a pass with my rifle, but not with my bow I haven't harvested a buck with a bow yet.
        LOL I havent got one yet, that deer wouldnt get a pass from me at all

Comment

Well, wouldn't have ever thought someone have found the spot I'm scouting. Fresh boot tracks confirmed that today as well as having my SD card cleared out on my game cam.... That's a long walk and a lot of work to have a weekend worrier jack with your stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Well, wouldn't have ever thought someone have found the spot I'm scouting. Fresh boot tracks confirmed that today as well as having my SD card cleared out on my game cam.... That's a long walk and a lot of work to have a weekend worrier jack with your stuff.

I need a hunting partner for davey Crockett may get to use monday for scouting trips.... Welcome to join! Sam is pressured harder than ever. Still closer to home and cheaper than a lease!

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
              I need a hunting partner for davey Crockett may get to use monday for scouting trips.... Welcome to join! Sam is pressured harder than ever. Still closer to home and cheaper than a lease!

Man I got a good spot, so I thought. And I'd never had thought someone would be 2.5 miles in.... lol. Btw, what part of Davy Crockett bc I know of a spot that looked like 290 out of Houston at 5:30 pm when it came to deer trails.

Comment

That deer gets a pass from me, hopefully a pass through the heart lol
                Last edited by forest-hunter; 09-02-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hard luck in the card and boot tracks, I've got a spot over 3 miles in that I've been going to for a while and never had my cams touched nor seen a boot track, but I guess I'm lucky, I have another spot that's fairly easy to get to 2 miles tops and that's been untouched but I wouldn't be surprised if I lose that camera, it's all part of it I'd be disappointed but not mad.
                  Last edited by forest-hunter; 09-02-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    Man I got a good spot, so I thought. And I'd never had thought someone would be 2.5 miles in.... lol. Btw, what part of Davy Crockett bc I know of a spot that looked like 290 out of Houston at 5:30 pm when it came to deer trails.

out of the 8 years I think maybe 9 I have seen one guy walk as far as me in there which is about right at what you hiked. then the following season I seen a climber on a trail leading to my stand so I packed up and rolled out of that spot. lost a camera to a hunter and pulled out. pm incoming!

Comment

Well HELLOOOOOO boys and girls! It's been a while! Hope all yall are ready for the 30th because I am! I think I'm caught up on this years action so far... Jimmy catches a lot of fish, life jackets were needed at the Chester shoot, HF has been added to my prayer list (hope things get better soon bud), AJ is still talking smack about people like me who disappear for 9 months then return =), and we thought we had cherries in the Sam but turned out to be wild plums!

Also, Todd I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck brother! I wish you a speedy recovery!

I'm super excited about this season because I will be back on public land for the majority of my stand time! I still have my lease right down the road from the house, but I'm not to impressed with the age class and 1 shooter in the area.

I got drawn for the Big Lake Bottom WMA hunt this year! I will be dedicating 11/3-11/12 there with the hopes of meeting a big river bottom buck. Anyone ever hunt there? What little I can find, it's all hardwood river bottom land and VERY WET! And of course I will be spending some time with Big Bro (BowOnly81) in the forest. It's been a few years since we got to hunt together, but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

First I heard about Tod and bad luck no idea what happened but hope you are doing ok brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
                          Well HELLOOOOOO boys and girls! It's been a while! Hope all yall are ready for the 30th because I am! I think I'm caught up on this years action so far... Jimmy catches a lot of fish, life jackets were needed at the Chester shoot, HF has been added to my prayer list (hope things get better soon bud), AJ is still talking smack about people like me who disappear for 9 months then return =), and we thought we had cherries in the Sam but turned out to be wild plums!

Also, Todd I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck brother! I wish you a speedy recovery!

I'm super excited about this season because I will be back on public land for the majority of my stand time! I still have my lease right down the road from the house, but I'm not to impressed with the age class and 1 shooter in the area.

I got drawn for the Big Lake Bottom WMA hunt this year! I will be dedicating 11/3-11/12 there with the hopes of meeting a big river bottom buck. Anyone ever hunt there? What little I can find, it's all hardwood river bottom land and VERY WET! And of course I will be spending some time with Big Bro (BowOnly81) in the forest. It's been a few years since we got to hunt together, but I'm looking forward to it.
                          I'm sorry....who are you?!

Getting pretty dang excited myself!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                            I'm sorry....who are you?!

Getting pretty dang excited myself!

Being that you said this to several other people already, I would expect nothing else from you!

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                              First I heard about Tod and bad luck no idea what happened but hope you are doing ok brother.
                              Tod WTH happened?? You ok?

Comment

Prayers lifted up for Tod as he is getting the first surgery done today. Second surgery on Friday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X