granola bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

granola bars

ok, so i know this is completely out there from this forum, but i make these almost every week. they are super easy and much more healthy for you than the bars you buy at the store. if there are any crumbs left over, you can just add milk and eat them like cereal... so here they are:

Easy granola bars

3 c quick-cooking oats
    1 (14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
    2 T butter, melted
    1 c flaked coconut
    1 c sliced almonds
    1 c semisweet chocolate chips
    ½ c sweetened dried cranberries

preheat oven to 350. grease 9x13 pan or cookie sheet (or use nonstick paper). In LARGE bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add wet until well blended. Press flat in prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 min. depending on how crunchy you want them. Lightly browned around the edge will give you moist chewy bars. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares then let cool completely before serving. The coconut, almonds, cranberries, and chocolate chips could be substituted with anything you desire. I use raisins, peanuts, rice krispies, just about anything. I also add some vanilla sometimes and/or a sprinkle of cinnamin. the krispies give it a different texture. I freeze these and take them out as i want them.

these are what i just made for my husband cause he loves peanut butter

peanut butter granola bars:
    1 1/2 cup light corn syrup
    4 cups quick cooking oats
    3 cups rice krispies cereal
    2 cups raisins
    2 cups peanut butter

put dry ingredients in large bowl and mix. heat corn syrup on stove till boil, boil 1 min, remove from heat, add peanut butter. mix with dry ingredients. press on buttered cookie sheet. let set (i run a butter knife through to cut before dry) then we store them in the freezeer and take them out as needed. yum! the dry ingredients can be substitued with 9 cups granola with raisins cereal.

Sounds good! I'll have to try these this weekend. Thanks

Comment

The PB are good. I at 5 or 6 last night.....

Comment

Working...
      X