Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need recipe for Smoked Jalapeno Pistachios

I apologize, I posted this yesterday, and forgot to put the " NEED "

I don't know but it sounds really good. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Comment

Can't wait for this recipe.

Comment

for almonds but may work..

From the Almond Board of California.

Ingredients List
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 TBSP melted butter
        2 TBSP + 2 tsp Tabasco green
        pepper sauce
        1-1/2 tsp Tabasco red pepper
        sauce
        1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
        3/4 tsp salt
        1/2 tsp dry mustard
        2 cups whole natural almonds

Fire-up the Weber Bullet to 325°F. Put the water pan in place to protect the nuts from the direct fire, but leave the pan empty. Select two large chunks of a mild smoke wood--I used apple.

In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter and all the seasonings, stirring until well mixed. Add almonds and stir thoroughly to coat.

Pour the nuts onto a disposable 12" round foil pizza pan, spreading into a single layer. Place the pan on the top grate of the WSM and immediately add the smoke wood to the coals.

Bake at 300-325°F for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the almonds are light golden brown. Be careful to not overcook. Remove from the cooker and allow the nuts

Comment

That sounds great. Will be trying that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
            for almonds but may work..

From the Almond Board of California.

Ingredients List
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 TBSP melted butter
            2 TBSP + 2 tsp Tabasco green
            pepper sauce
            1-1/2 tsp Tabasco red pepper
            sauce
            1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
            3/4 tsp salt
            1/2 tsp dry mustard
            2 cups whole natural almonds

Fire-up the Weber Bullet to 325°F. Put the water pan in place to protect the nuts from the direct fire, but leave the pan empty. Select two large chunks of a mild smoke wood--I used apple.

In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter and all the seasonings, stirring until well mixed. Add almonds and stir thoroughly to coat.

Pour the nuts onto a disposable 12" round foil pizza pan, spreading into a single layer. Place the pan on the top grate of the WSM and immediately add the smoke wood to the coals.

Bake at 300-325°F for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the almonds are light golden brown. Be careful to not overcook. Remove from the cooker and allow the nuts
            OK....I was cooking some chickens, ribs, and boston butts for pulled pork yesterday in the smoker and decided to try a variation of this recipe...

I used salted/roasted peanuts and salted/roasted pepitos instead...

I doubled the coating recipe

One full jar of green, 1/2 jar of red, and doubled everything else...

I just kept adding nuts till I felt like I would run out of coating...spread them on a wire tray on top of foil...stirred them around with a spoon about every thirty minutes...

I was smoking at 225 so thats what the nuts got roasted at...They probably stayed in for about 2 hours till they got toasty golden smoky brown...

It made two full zip lock sandwich bags...

They are definitely better than any store bought nuts...very heavy smokey flavor...not really that spicy (my wife even commented that they weren't too hot) but a good flavor...

I would say that they aren't worth firing up the pit just to do them but are a good treat when you are cooking other things...

Comment

Working...
            X