copperhead almost got my dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copperhead almost got my dog

He was striking at my blue tick lucky for my pup snake never got him, but we got him..
    Attached Files

Glad your pup is okay!

Comment

oh, oh! Gonna get interesting around here! Glad u got him and good job pup!!

Comment

glad he didn't get to your pup!!

Comment

That's to close for comfort

Comment

One got my male Jack Russell last year. Spent one night at the Vet but came through it with no ill effects. We give him annual shots of rattlesnake vaccine each year. Some say that vaccine does not help a dog against copperhead bites but our Vet says it is for all pit vipers. I strongly recommend the shots if you take your dog in snake country. My JRT is a blood trailer and he has never had a run in with a rattlesnake while out but he gets bit in the back yard by a copperhead. Go figure.

Comment

Hate those snakes with a passion. Serious attitude in them little suckers.

Comment

Good size Southern Copperhead, axe did a little damage to the skin. I cut the gas line using a spade to kill one in the yard. For some reason in all the excitment the spade cut extra deep.

Comment

wow...glad turned out positive

Comment

I'm guessing a rattlesnake got one of our mixes yesterday. Doing ok so far. Snakes are out!

Comment

I bet you were scared.

Comment

So glad pups ok......ya just wonder how may dogs in Texas are bit every year? I bet a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                          So glad pups ok......ya just wonder how may dogs in Texas are bit every year? I bet a lot.
                          I bet a lot ..and most are probably bit in the face and head...

Comment

Whewwwww! Glad it all turned out ok!

Comment

Originally posted by gusman View Post
                              I bet a lot ..and most are probably bit in the face and head...
                              As smart as dog are!!! They use there nose!!!! That's my 2 cents!! Glad pup is good! I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X