Tank End Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank End Caps

Does anyone know where to get the tank end caps, for making cook pits? Hopefully in the Weatherford, Ft Worth area? Thanks!

graybow, if you will check out the post: fire pit/grille by stolle, read mrgroundblind's reply (you will have to scroll down a ways to find it). he listed a place to find them in your area.
    hope it helped.
    head

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Here ya go, Graybow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Fig
        Where does one find the caps to work on that little project?

For all you TBH's in the D/FW area, you can find these discs at Baker Tankhead. They're located on the southbound service road at I-35W and Golden Triangle (I think it Golden Triangle). They stamp these discs for large propane tanks. I picked mine up for around $100. If you've got an old propane tank, I think there are some metal fab shops who'll cut the ends out for you for a fee. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself as there might still be propane inside. Hope this helps...

Baker Tankhead's website...

Baker Tankhead manufacturers standard and A.S.M.E. tank heads, hot-formed heads, cones, manways and rolled shells in Fort Worth Texas

Comment

Does anyone know of a company in the Houston area that does this type of work?

Comment

Tank Heads of Ft Worth. they are about 1 mile south of cabelas on 35. they are on the west side of the road. been there several times, they have anything from 12" to 10' in diameter

Comment

tank ends around houston area

Triple S Steel supply off Jensen Blvd,has circular cut steel in various diameter sizes.

Comment

Where can I find these near san antonio?

Comment

Trinity Heads in Navasota. I don't know anyone there but I drive past it all of the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X