Scope Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope Recommendations?

Looking for recommendations on a scope for an AR10. It will be used for deer/pig hunting with max distance out to 200 yards.

I’m looking for something nice but one that won’t break the bank (did that when I bought the Sig Saur 716).

Help?

What is break the bank price?

Comment

just about any decent 3-9x40 would suffice.. that size can be had pretty easy

Comment

Leupold VX3i, 3.5-10 with 1 inch tube. Without googling too much, found it for $319.99 at Cabelas.

Comment

Leupold VX 1 3-9 has my vote, can find them for under $200

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
            What is break the bank price?
            Probably $500 or less?

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
              Leupold VX3i, 3.5-10 with 1 inch tube. Without googling too much, found it for $319.99 at Cabelas.
              Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
              Leupold VX 1 3-9 has my vote, can find them for under $200
              I have a brand new Leupold VX-3, 3.5x10x40mm on my Browning BAR .30-06. I’ve been thinking it’s not enough scope for that rifle. Is that the same one y’all are recommending (ish)? If so, I could easily take it off and put it on the AR10, then upgrade to a better one for the .30-06.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                I have a brand new Leupold VX-3, 3.5x10x40mm on my Browning BAR .30-06. I’ve been thinking it’s not enough scope for that rifle. Is that the same one y’all are recommending (ish)? If so, I could easily take it off and put it on the AR10, then upgrade to a better one for the .30-06.
                VX-3i has been out for several years so it may be the one on your 30-06. They also offer a 4.5-14 that can be easily had for under $500. 4.5-14 is what I have on my 30-06, maybe the scope swap would kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                  VX-3i has been out for several years so it may be the one on your 30-06. They also offer a 4.5-14 that can be easily had for under $500. 4.5-14 is what I have on my 30-06, maybe the scope swap would kill two birds with one stone.
                  You’re right. This one was built in ‘16. I guess I meant brand new as in I have hardly used it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

With a max distance of 200 yards a 3-9 would work fine, the VX-3I you have would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      You’re right. This one was built in ‘16. I guess I meant brand new as in I have hardly used it.
                      If you do go with the scope swap just make sure the tube on the replacement scope is the same size as your rings (i.e. 1” or 30 mm) so you can reuse your rings, also pay attention to ring height. (low, med, or high).

Good luck Sir!

Comment

I have been very happy with the 2 leupold vx3i 4.5-14 scopes that I have. Great scopes for the money and work well for just about any situation, one rides on my primary predator rifle and the other rides on my primary deer rifle.

Bass pro has the 50mm objective on sale right now for $460. Would be great for the late evening and night time pig hunts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by westtexducks; 09-16-2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Vortex Ranger, 1-4x24 is perfect for hog hunting, especially from the ground or still hunting. Very quick target acquisition.

Vortex Strike Eagle is $399 and its a 1-6x24
                          Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-16-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I’m building anAR10 creed and I think I’m going to go with this athlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Selling a swfa 3-15 for that price.

Comment

Working...
                              X