Which dehydrator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which dehydrator?

Looking at buying a dehydrator to make jerkey and there are a bunch of different ones and all prices. Which ones are you guys using or recommend?

Any of these. I got the one in the link after Thanksgiving for $69.99 on sale. I would have loved to have got the larger 12 tray at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
      Any of these. I got the one in the link after Thanksgiving for $69.99 on sale. I would have loved to have got the larger 12 tray at least.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...0.uts?slotId=6

Wow, I’ll hold out then til a holiday and catch a sale. That much savings is too high to pull the trigger early

Comment

I have 2, both cabelas and they are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the Excalibur 7 tray last year. It’s a beast and supper easy to clean. I highly recommend it.

Comment

I decided to go cheap on my first dehydrator and bought a NESCO American Harvest four tray 10 yrs ago and it's still working like a champ

on sale for $36 delivered TYD … https://www.amazon.com/Nesco-FD-37A-...sco+dehydrator

2 extra trays are $14.00 delivered TYD …. https://www.amazon.com/Nesco-WT-2SG-...VDK0XCNB0ZK1SE

Comment

I've got a Cabela's brand and and it's worked great for the past 5-6 years. We use it for fruit, nuts, jerky, etc.

Comment

With all the prep and time it takes to make jerky i would go with a unit with more trays so you yield more jerky... my father bought a stainless steel LEM dehydrator years ago with 12 trays and since he hardly used it I commandeered it ha! been happy with it for sure

I say this because i always make in bulk, what i dont eat right away i vacuum seal and freeze.
                Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 08-07-2018, 10:18 AM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

I dont make massive amounts at a time so I just use 2 of the cheap round Oster ones from Walmart. Been using the same ones for 5 years now and no issues at all.

Comment

This is good info here. I have a cheap one that I dislike. It does not measure the temps or control the temps. One rack will be over dried and one rack won't even be half way done. Now I just use my convection oven.

What ever you decide on, make sure it measures and controls the temps.

Comment

Good info. Id like to start making some jerky too

Comment

Working...
                      X