• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	HJbWvruj-277969551.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	24548088

Parts of the hill country getting some rain. I know it sounds greedy but I sure am glad to see Mason county covered up with rain this morning. I wish everyone would get some rain.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We need the rain bad in the Hill Country. Looks like our place is getting some good rain.

Comment

Got some yesterday in Fredericksburg, but not enough. And looks like it will miss us today.

Comment

Got back from the lease late last night. We got over 2” and it was raining hard when I left. Still need way more. Shot 6 hogs and got all feeders filled. Saw 2-3 dandy bucks out there and have 1 feeder that the timer went out on. Got 2 of my stands in place but still a ton todo.

Comment

We’ve had a little less than an inch so far in the Loyal Valley area. Keep getting skirted by the big rains. I’m extremely thankful for the moisture and hope we can get some more soon.

Comment

About 90% of our deer have stopped growing it seems like in this past week.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks like a nice buck. On your hit list?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    That looks like a nice buck. On your hit list?
                    Yes sir he's #1 currently, 6.5 year old typical 10 with 2 extra points near the G3s named Wacky.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Are you off Sloan rd?
                      Thanks!
                      About 6 miles down CR 346 off Sloan road.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                        About 90% of our deer have stopped growing it seems like in this past week.[IMG]
                        My goodness you have some great bucks! I can’t wait to see how your season goes!

Comment

I was able to stop by the ranch on Sunday, check cameras, and move a ground blind to a new spot. We received around 1.3”-1.5” last week and things are trying to green up. After I left we received another 0.5” yesterday, so hopefully that really gets things going again. Deer are done growing and should be rubbing out of velvet any day now.

This buck walked across the road and posed for a few pictures. Amazing how care free they are this time of the year.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Puncher51; 08-20-2018, 11:37 AM. Reason: Wrong date

Comment

We went to our lease this past weekend to set up feeders, cameras and build a new bow blind. Things are greening back up in western San Saba County and the ponds had at least some water so that's good. Going back in a couple weeks to pull cards and finish up what we started (and hopefully kill some pigs). Dam it was hot! 102 in the shade on Saturday afternoon. Be careful out there gentlemen and ladies. That heat will do some damage.

Comment

Wife was at the ranch this past weekend & it looks like a different place after the rain. Greened up & water even standing in places. So great to see that. Deer are looking healthy & pigs are fat. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                                Someone around Willow City is going to be real disappointed when he doesn’t show back up on camera. Hit by a truck.
                                Care to give any more details on where this buck was? Were about 4 miles north of Willow City, and just curious if you could narrow down the location.

Glad we are getting some rain in the area!

Thanks!

Jason Slocum

Comment

Working...
                                X