X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strength in Waiting

Strength in Waiting

Isaiah 40:28-31

God has a purpose and plan for your life, and His timing is perfect. Sometimes He answers our prayers with "yes" or "no." But at other times, He says "not now"--when that is the case, we can avail ourselves of the rich rewards that come when we wait.

One very practical blessing is that God strengthens us as we lean on Him during delays. Isaiah 40:31 tells us that "those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength." We are given the metaphor of an eagle with wind beneath his wings. It is interesting to note that the words "wind" and "spirit" come from the same Greek word--pneuma. The spirit of God lifts us up, and His energy and strength sustain us as we abide in Him.

When we are facing a difficult decision, the real key is learning to wait. There is no verse of Scripture that tells us to take control and fight our own battles. God is the one who fights them on our behalf (2 Chron. 20:15). We are to be patient and trust in Him.

When David faced his greatest battles, he waited upon the Lord. God delivered him from destruction and set his feet on solid ground. (Ps. 40:1-3) He will do the same for you. When you abide in Him, He gives supernatural energy to accomplish the things He requires of you--His Spirit does for you what you cannot do for yourself.

In reading through the Scriptures, we see that every time one of God's saints gains a victory, he or she is waiting and trusting in the Lord. You can likewise experience triumph in your life. When you have the omnipotent Creator of the universe acting on your behalf, you can't lose.
    Dr Stanley

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks, I always enjoy your scripture posts! This one was perfect for where I am at in life at the moment

Comment

Perfect timing. I'm struggling with the ability to let Him take control and lead my path. I've also recently realized that i don't have the faith i thought i did when it comes to leaning on Him for guidance. 2 years ago i was very involved in church and geowing tremendously, and decided to change jobs which probably wasn't a smart move as it took me further from church and essentially distanced the relationship. I prayed for something closer to home so i could beco.e a regular volunteer again at the church i love. He answered by being let go from that job. This week I've been bitter and nervous about it, and working on those feelings through prayer, but i was reminded last night at church, to be joyful in sufferings. He did what i needed him to, and the enemy has been in my head with disgruntled thoughts and worry. So my main goal is learning once again to trust that He will provide and that He knows and has a plan. No matter how much i want to take control and make things happen, I'm trying to stop and listen to what He's trying to teach me. It's been a struggle to do when i look at my wife and kids all day, and let the enemy start making me worry about how I'll support them. Hard to accept that it's me who supports them in the end, but God who gives me the blessing and ability to support them on His behalf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Needed to hear and see this this morning. I've got some career opportunities that I'm very conflicted about pursuing and have been lifting those worries up in prayer. I'm extremely bless to be where I am right now, but I'm feeling very unfulfilled where I'm at currently.

Comment

Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Working...
              X