BIG rains on the way..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG rains on the way..

Looks like a classic fall flash flood setup fixing to take shape across portions of Texas. Moisture from Hurricane Vance streaming across Ol Mexico, surge of deep tropical moisture off the Gulf and throw in a frontal boundary sagging southward across the state. All this will interact later today but mainly Wednesday and into Thursday.

Most of the state will benefit from the rain but some spots could be put into dangerous flash flooding situations with rainfall rates of 2-4 inches per hour with cell training. When it's all said and done, some places could see upwards to 10 inches or more. Right now that looks to be around southwest and central Texas.

Hate the flash flood part but everyplace needs the rains...

Comment

And just like clockwork, I opened this thread and the rain began to fall here in Graham. I would prefer to do without the flooding part, but if it will fill up the lakes then I hope it rains all week.

Comment

raining in Midland

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          raining in Midland

Yep, sitting in the stand near garden city and its coming down. Me and an 11 point have a date, I just didn't get the memo when so I will sit here until he shows up one day

Comment

Started in Lubbock around 9:00 or so last night. Not sure how much we have received but will check before I head to work.

Comment

It doesn't look like anything yet here. Should be here around 9AM.

Comment

We need the flash floods. There haven't been any for several years and our lakes are showing it. Bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
                  Yep, sitting in the stand near garden city and its coming down. Me and an 11 point have a date, I just didn't get the memo when so I will sit here until he shows up one day

I hope you brought food in case he decides not to show this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
                    I hear ya!
                    Doing the same. Good luck to you!

Comment

Hope it rains....we need it

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                        I hope you brought food in case he decides not to show this morning.

Nope, I've got to be at the fire station tonight by 6 so I didn't pack a lunch this time. Been pretty regular, watched him for over an hour the other day just didn't realize how much smaller the deer had gotten from last year

Comment

Originally posted by Brhibler1 View Post
                          I hear ya!

Doing the same. Good luck to you!

You too

Comment

Need it real bad here in SA. My house is the worst it's ever been w/ sticking doors.

Comment

Lord, Please release the flood gates on the desert dwellers of Texas.

Please give my portion of rain to them also, as we are good with our rainfall totals in Alvin.

Amen

Comment

Working...
                              X