82 Scrambler rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 Scrambler rebuild.

This is actually the 2nd time for me to rebuild this Jeep. I did a frame on restoration in 2002. That one included rebuilt engine, T-5 trans and T-case, new painless harness, new OEM gauges, upgraded steering gear, upgrades brake booster, used Acme full hard top, full bed lined interior, one piece axle upgrade in the AMC 20, SOA lift and new 3.73 gear with limited slip in rear and a basic paint job.

This time I’m doing a frame off, blasting and bed lining the underside of the tub, blasting and coating the frame, replacing all brake and fuel lines, new Xtreme Hardtop, LS/4L60 swap, truss the AMC 20, add traction bar and get a top quality paint job including factory style decals and pin stripes.

The new Xtrem hard top is on hand and the first real progress has been made with new bumpers and tire carrier being completed.

This is where this build starts.

Fresh power on hand.

New Xtreme hard top on hand

The bumper parts you likely don’t recognize are the receptacles for the Blue Ox two bar I will use to flat tow the Jeep behind a motor home.

Wow. Looks like fun.

Comment

Friend of mine had one years ago with a 454/496. It was a beast. Good luck.

Comment

This is gonna be awesome. In for this.

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

I'm jealous and excited for you all at the same time. My CJ7 needs some love.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Tried the new tow bar arrangement today, now you can see the purpose of the receptacles made into the bumper.

Met with paint and body guy and went over everything and devised a plan.

Tear down starts tomorrow.

Comment

Very cool. Tagged to follow along

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Always wanted a CJ8...following!

Comment

Hope I remember where all this goes when it’s time to go back together.....

Have to pull the hood, windshield frame and body mount bolts and the body will be ready to come off for underside blast and bedline.

Comment

Pretty cool, going to be a hotrod with that engine

Comment

Following

Comment

Very cool project! How do you think the AMC 20 will hold up? I have a 76’ CJ7 that I am getting road worthy again. It was actually sold here on TBH back in 2011. It has the 304 v-8/3 speed in it. I have been contemplating a 4bt or I do have built 351w I could use. Still lots of thinking and not much wrench turning yet though

Comment

Working...
                              X