Jewell Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewell Trigger

Anyone do a trigger swap with a Jewel trigger on a Remington 700 Long Range? How did you like it compared to like a Timney or the others?

Jewel

Once you get past the price tag there are no regrets. Smooth as a mouse pissing on cotten! I have 3 on rem 700’s and love them.

Comment

Those jewels are super sweet triggers for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jewell is great, have 4 of them (2 @ 1-1/2 oz) but for 700 also look at single stage Bix n' Andy TacSport, I've bought 2 of them and I believe they are even more consistent pull to pull as Jewell, the TacSport will go down to 10 oz. I have one waiting on new APR group build, Timney 510 will be yanked upon arrival.

Comment

I have been doing some research and it all looks like the Jewell's are the way to go.

Comment

Buy once.....cry once.....and cheaper in the long run.

Only trigger I will use in my 700s.

Comment

So i am assuming the HVR model; would be the one for the long range in 7 mag does anyone know?

Comment

I have an extra one that I took off of a build if you are interested. It is the HVR without bolt release and currently set at 8oz. I have 4 Jewells and a Triggertech Diamond on bolt guns. They are very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
                  So i am assuming the HVR model; would be the one for the long range in 7 mag does anyone know?
                  HVR = Hunting, Varmint Rifle

A, B, or C springs are used to adjust trigger pull weight from 1.5 ozs. to 48 ozs.

Pretty sure they come set from the factory at 1 lb. (spring A = 8 ozs. to 48 ozs. weight) , since you have a Rem 700 make sure you get the trigger that has the bolt release and safety (top or bottom)

WARNING: after shooting, you will be selling all your junk factory triggers to buy more Jewells.

Comment

I did. It’s a really nice trigger.

Comment

Take this for what it is worth since I am by no means am an expert or marksman but I have a Jewell trigger and I absolutely love it.

Comment

Great trigger, Texas company too.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                          Jewell is great, have 4 of them (2 @ 1-1/2 oz) but for 700 also look at single stage Bix n' Andy TacSport, I've bought 2 of them and I believe they are even more consistent pull to pull as Jewell, the TacSport will go down to 10 oz. I have one waiting on new APR group build, Timney 510 will be yanked upon arrival.

This is the only trigger I would choose over a Jewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            This is the only trigger I would choose over a Jewell.
                            The 2 ball bearings yield a very crisp break and using a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge, they break at the exact same pull weight every time. After owning Jewells it's hard to imagine a better trigger but there are lots of Jewell's being replaced especially the benchrest triggers, they can be set down to 0.1 oz. For a hunting trigger, the TacSport has a pin that prevents an accidental movement of the safety lever, but you just push over a little to release. Carrying rifle on a sling, it's an advantage over the Jewell. Don't get me wrong, I won't be replacing all my Jewell's but when I buy a new one, it'll be Bix n' Andy.
                            Last edited by XR650RRider; 04-30-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              WARNING: after shooting, you will be selling all your junk factory triggers to buy more Jewells.
                              you can sell junk factory triggers?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X