Rut in Kimble County (Harper Tx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut in Kimble County (Harper Tx)

I have had a rough year when it comes to hunting. I have missed 5 hunting trips and a fishing trip so far this year. I have had some family stuff to take care of each time I have been invited to hunt this year. I also lost my lease this year so I am at the mercy of anyone that invites me to hunt. That being said I was invited out to my buddies parent's ranch in Fredericksburg and I was able to take an Axis doe with my riffle. It was raining and windy all weekend so I couldn't get it done with my bow.
    But this coming weekend I will be out in Harper Tx in Kimble county and was wondering if anyone hunts around there because I was wanting to know if the rut is on? I hope there is some activity going on since I will only have this weekend and possibly Mon and Tues to get it done. I wanted to get y'alls opinion on weather or not you think I should grunt and rattle while out there. Would it be affective? I can shoot what ever I want so the few trophy bucks that are out there are up for grabs. I can't wait. I love huting and the lack of it this year has made me appreciate and respect it all that much more.
    Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me. Be safe, warm, dry, and enjoy your hunting.

I live in Austin and my wife just told me the neighborhood bucks are chasing does. In Kimble Country (Harper), as of last weekend, the deer have not been acting crazy. Last year this time, my buddy had rattled up 12 bucks by now. This year, he's only rattled up 1. A different friend of mine and I did rattle up a nice one two weeks ago, but had to say the run it full on. I am going this weekend, so maybe we'll see.

Comment

Working...
    X