More quiver questions & "pics" of my new Centaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More quiver questions & "pics" of my new Centaur

Have any of you guys (besides Trad Doc) tried or handled the slim jim quiver from Kanati? I have pretty much decided having some sort of connection from hood to gripper is probably the best long term solution for slippage issues etc. The final three on my list is some version of the Kanati slim jim, the thunderhorn linx with small fry head and the eagle flight mini with totem rod. I plan to use this quiver on my centaur longbow and use the centaur big game broadheads or the helix heads from strickland archery both are two blade heads.
    By the way here are a few pics of my new centaur (58"- 55#@26.5)
    Attached Files

One more
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking bow.

Is that a crack in the handle?

Comment

Wow, I love that grip!

Comment

M.E.B... It's a two piece takesown bow with Horn on the tips & grip area.
          Last edited by GUT_TRAIL; 01-22-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Cool lookin bow!

Comment

Nice rig! I love my Centaurs!!!
              Sorry can't help I don't shoot with quiver on my bow.

Comment

nice bow

Comment

I sent you a PM (OP), but just to let others know, the Kanati Slim Jim is a great quiver, but, you will be lucky to get a 2blade wider than 1&1/8 inch in it. The measurement between the rivet edges is 1&1/4"s, so that knocks you back to maybe getting a 1&1/8' wide head in it and most likely will be limited to a 1" wide head. The Kanatis are great quivers but I would stick with the hooded quivers and also stay away from the newer Dual Arc quivers, the metal in them is very soft and they bend really easy.

Comment

Good looking stick!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Doc. I have narrowed the search down to the thunder horn small fry lynx and the eagles flight mini with the rod connecting them. And yes birch the great northern is still setting there in the back of my head.

Comment

Update on quiver search.. I ordered a tall 4 arrow Mesa quiver from Eagle's flight archery. Its one of the flat 2 blade quivers with their wing feature and the totum bar. Should work great... I hope ha

Comment

Nice looking bow! How does it shoot?

Comment

Shoots great and is blazing fast.

Comment

Working...
                            X