Davy Crockett National Forest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davy Crockett National Forest question

How many of you guys use tree climber stands in Davy Crockett National Forest? I am planning a trip out that way this year, but I have never hunted anywhere east of Cross Plains, TX so I do not know how feasible a tree climber stand would be out in that country. Should I just buy another lock-on stand and bring a couple of those with me, or would it be worth it to buy a tree climber stand as well?

Climber is only way to go - have to be mobile to find deer and "escape" other hunters

Comment

A climber will work well. There are a lot of pines to put one on in most areas. I prefer a lock-on because I find them easier and they tend to work on a wider range of tree types.

Comment

Agreed. Pretty much need a climber to get up over the brush. Best tool I have is my climber.

Comment

Awesome, I will definitely be getting one. Thanks guys.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Summit. I love mine and can sit for hours

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
              Can't go wrong with a Summit. I love mine and can sit for hours
              Nice, I may not actually make it out to East Texas this year now though. I am looking into either Amistad or Meredith since they are both closer to me than DCNF is. If I do buy one I will look at the Summit stands, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X