Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shoot a "budget over under shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a franchi a couple years ago on sale at cabelas, great gun so far. Really want the beretta onyx pro though.

Comment

Another Yildiz fan here. I don't hunt enough with a shotgun to justify buying one of the high end models.

Comment

I would up your budget & get a used / clean Citori...better gun & your money will be better spent as it will hold value vs buying a new budget that will immediately lose some when you walk out the store.

Looking at $750-$900 I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I would up your budget & get a used / clean Citori...better gun & your money will be better spent as it will hold value vs buying a new budget that will immediately lose some when you walk out the store.

Looking at $750-$900 I reckon.

Cheapest used citori I have seen was $1200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glw1982 View Post
            I just got a $600 Stevens for Fathers day and I like it.
            Mmy buddy has one of these. He likes it a lot and it breaks clays just like my Browning.

Fit, as mentioned above, is paramount. As OJ's liyer sayed, " If it doesn't fit, you must have a bad fit ", or something like that.........

Comment

CZ Drake with a limbsaver pad installed, wife loves hers.

Comment

I've had my Yildiz for about 4 years now. I love it. Only use it for clays or upland birds and doves. Works flawlessly. Shoulders good and swings good. It's a 20 gauge and boy am I glad I went that route. A buddy of mine has the 12 and to say the recoil is a bit excessive for regular dove loads is a understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                  Cheapest used citori I have seen was $1200

They are out there amigo...just gotta sift through the upper end models & find a good clean field gun. I saw a few that may work for you.

Find guns for sale at GunBroker.com, the world's largest gun auction site. You can buy guns with confidence from thousands of sellers who list every day at GunBroker.com. Get the gun you want today from a trusted online gun source.

gunsinternational has a bunch of pages too...

Comment

This guy can order one if he doesn't have one. http://www.crazygundealeronlinestore...kchrome-finish

Comment

I bought a CZ Redhead Deluxe a couple of years ago. Love it.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I have a Mossberg silver. Im not a gun expert, but it goes bang and I haven't had any problems with it.

I don't shoot it a whole lot. I duck hunt with it some (~10 shots a morning) and shoot probably 7-8 boxes at doves every year. I don't worry about dinging it up too much.

Comment

In shotguns you get what you pay for always. Theres a reason it costs less than the more quality brands.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                              In shotguns you get what you pay for always. Theres a reason it costs less than the more quality brands.

I don't buy that. I've got an ancient cheap Winchester that if you google it is just a POS I've put probably a 50 cases of shells through it over the last 20 years and 0 problems. I've got friends that have been hunting with mossbergs forever and no problems.

Comment

My buddy shoots a Stoeger Condor sometimes. For a lower budget shotgun it's nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X