Sod webworm treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sod webworm treatment?

Anyone have experience killing these rascals? Starting getting some brown spots on my yard last week and thought it was grubs. After looking, it's sod web worms. We have bought some stuff from home depot and treated but I was wondering what you guys and gals have used that works?

Goggle Randy Lemon he's the garden line guy on 740AM radio , he has a treatment schedule to treat them. It takes several applications to control them, I had them so bad in my yard that it looked like a blizzard when I cut the grass, followed the recommended schedule and I've seem to be getting a hold on them.

Comment

Bayer

Bayer 24 hour grub control worked for me well. Spectracide does not work. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
        Bayer 24 hour grub control worked for me well. Spectracide does not work. Good luck.
        We bought spectracide and I don't it is working. Will try the bayer

Comment

Sevin. We use it on army worms in the hay pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by rjs68 View Post
            Goggle Randy Lemon he's the garden line guy on 740AM radio , he has a treatment schedule to treat them. It takes several applications to control them, I had them so bad in my yard that it looked like a blizzard when I cut the grass, followed the recommended schedule and I've seem to be getting a hold on them.

I heard him talking about it yesterday, he was saying to use a liquid poison, 2-3 weeks apart between applications (2/3 applications) in order to kill the live ones now and the larvae that become active with the second and 3rd dose.
            A single application of granule only kills the currently active bugs, not all of them.
            He was also saying to use two different poisons (that he specified) if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just mowed my yard this evening. Moths everywhere coming up from the lawn! First I have seen them this year, and they are bad. Got to figure out what to do now. Never been down this route before.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                Just mowed my yard this evening. Moths everywhere coming up from the lawn! First I have seen them this year, and they are bad. Got to figure out what to do now. Never been down this route before.

Get you some Bifen. It may take a few treatments.

Comment

Might google Howard Garett----- The doctor of dirt....
                  He's all organic....

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Will check em out.

Comment

Truth or fiction? Had to make a run to Ace Hardware today on another errand. Asked the lawn guy there for his opinion. He says the Ortho fire ant pellets are the best all around for these and other types of grubs.

Said they are basically the same formulation, but the fire ant product is stronger.

Thoughts?

Comment

Make sure and get a granule to apply and also get a spray. The granules will kill the sod webworms, the spray will kill the moths.

Comment

Working...
                        X