Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    Those W hogs are some of the most pathetic looking hogs I've ever seen. Skeletons wrapped in skin. Must be living off rock and cedar trees. Never thought I'd see them in some of the spots there in now.......

Yep. Eating zombies is like crack cocaine to those hogs. I dunno' about you but I don't think I'd eat a hog that's been snacking on zombies. Everyone would be better to hunt those east Texas hogs. I hear their diet makes them taste maple flavored and they're clean as a whistle. Don't even need to cook 'em first.

Plus the east Texas forests have signs up that say this way to hog killin' and 12 point buck sleeps here.

Take the SHNF. There's only like 10 people that hunt the whole thing. And they only hunt Saturday morning. The place is a veritable ghost forest.

Comment

I was actually being serious......they look terrible.

Comment

I was actually being serious......they look terrible.
        Hmm. Don't know. Maybe the heat. Maybe they've out bread their food source?

Comment

Those W hogs are some of the most pathetic looking hogs I've ever seen. Skeletons wrapped in skin. Must be living off rock and cedar trees. Never thought I'd see them in some of the spots there in now.......

Well, I'll admit it. I stopped feeding them. And visiting with them a couple of years ago. I should-a known they'd starve them selves to death if I quit visiting with them. Poor wild piggys!

Makes me feel sorry for them since, technically, I "wild domesticated" them. Maybe I should go back and teach them how to live off the land? I remember when I used to sit and tell them stories, scratch they're backs, and hand feed them corn. I had a lot of them named. I miss my wild pet piggys!

Comment

Justin and I were jjust talking about the lack of pigs in our areas this year.

Comment

I have 2 tickets for the Rangers game on the 25th i cant go til Saturday. These are seats up 3 rows from the dugout if you want them post up and we'll meet up sometime today.

Comment

I will find out soon if the pigs have been around my spot. I will be going to corn again before opener I put 40 pounds out this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  I have 2 tickets for the Rangers game on the 25th i cant go til Saturday. These are seats up 3 rows from the dugout if you want them post up and we'll meet up sometime today.
                  Those are good seats. I used to set about 8 rows up from the first base dugout. With only 6 games left that would be a neat deal for a parent/child.

Good luck. I'm leaving to hunt Big Lake Bottoms on Thursday so I can't take them.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    Those are good seats. I used to set about 8 rows up from the first base dugout. With only 6 games left that would be a neat deal for a parent/child.

Good luck. I'm leaving to hunt Big Lake Bottoms on Thursday so I can't take them.
                    I agree on the parent- child im giving these tickets away and Im going to the game on Saturday.

Comment

Them poor piggy’s are lacking in carbon an Steel in their diet hope to help some of them out lol!

Comment

Ranger tickets are spoken for.

Comment

Well I got a bit of a cold my last couple days at the rig. I’m debating skipping the opening weekend frenzy and going out Monday. That would get me away from all the people and give my cough time to subside a bit more. Haven’t decided yet though, if my cough is good I may go out. Good luck this weekend all

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                            Well I got a bit of a cold my last couple days at the rig. I’m debating skipping the opening weekend frenzy and going out Monday. That would get me away from all the people and give my cough time to subside a bit more. Haven’t decided yet though, if my cough is good I may go out. Good luck this weekend all
                            I've been fighting the same thing for the last two weeks. Hope it is better by Friday. I hunted LBJ last year on the opener in an easy unit (had my daughter with me and didn't want to walk in a couple mies in the dark). It was about 2 acres per hunter. I'm hunting a drawn WMA the first week, otherwise, I think I would skip the first week as well.

Comment

Some people forget it's public land and try to treat it as their own private lease. A few years back I had a guy tell me when I see his truck parked on 174, I was not to be out there. He had 5 stands put out, and that was his area. I did find one of his stands. He had cut down trees at least 6" at the base for shooting lanes, and to brush in his blind.

It's too easy to follow the rules, but some people just try and ruin it for every body.

GPS coordinates and pics sent to the Park Rangers took care of the situation. Ranger called me up, said he knew exactly how it was and was going to confiscate the stand and revoke his permit

Comment

I was scouting b2 last days off, found several home made ladder stands and feeders. I also found a few aluminium ladder stands and one full two seater aluminium ladder stand. It was kinda rediculus
                                Last edited by Ender; 09-26-2019, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X