Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #51
parkchief100
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Colorado

Got in a decent leg workout and biceps yesterday. Back shoulders and traps this am. I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout but it's time to start putting more weight on the bar to squat. If I don't do it now I will get lazy and stay in a light weight funk. Pre workout is really helping a lot!

Last edited by parkchief100; 02-09-2017 at 09:10 AM..
parkchief100 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #52
Turtlewax
Eight Point

Hunt In: SE Oklahoma

Ill follow along.

I started in the gym back in November. I hired a trainer twice a week for an hour each time. God must have been watching out for me because he paired me up with a new friend. After 3 months im in the best shape of my life. Just got back from my cardio workout and im not even that tired. I used to get home and wonder how i would make it to the next session. Now i cant wait to go back.

I have not been in a gym since leaving the military in 2001. I just didnt have a desire and didnt care. As im getting older i am realizing our health is our biggest asset in life. My wife has always been active and has been going to the gym for years. I paired her up with my trainer and she cant believe the results she is seeing.......only after 3 weeks.

Without my trainer i would have quit. But knowing i had a responsibilty to meet him each time is what kept me going. Once it started getting easier it was easier to go. We did have a setback with me injuring my piriformis muscle. Thats almost healed up and we are circling back to lower back excercises.

Im 38 years old and healthier than was at 30 or even 25. My attitude, self esteeem and overall outlook on life have changed.

A gym membership is probaby the best money you can ever spend.......as long as you use it.

Todays workout, running, medicine ball overhead tnrows, mountain climbers, ropes, incline pushup walk, medici e ball crunches, planks, bicycles, flutter kicks and 15 minutes chasing a basketball because i cant shoot.

Last edited by Turtlewax; 02-09-2017 at 12:01 PM..
Turtlewax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #53
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: I used to hunt in Culberson County, but now I hunt in Val Verde County.
Default I did it...again

The 10X10 workout. Hang clean, pull ups, goblet squat, dip, dip/leg raise combo. Worked as a circuit. No rest or little rest between sets and about 2 minutes between circuits. I was sucking wind on the 5th circuit. Didn't have time to compete all 10 circuits cuz I had to be at work early, but I knocked out 8 of them.

The hang clean was a little touch and go. I've got some kind of issue. Impingement, over training, I don't know yet.

Haven't decided about tomorrow just yet. Maybe back to traditional lifts. Chest and bi's, hammies and abs.

Saturday will be the 10X10 again with deadlift, clean and press, pull-ups, push-ups, and hip thrusts.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #54
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Back, Triceps and calves today with some cardio. Shoulder is still an issue.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #55
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Just destroyed my back and biceps. Cardio now and enjoying my supplements!!!

All lab work came back 100% normal and as perfect as a 37yo can be. I'll post more in that adventure later. Thanks be to God for a happy ending to that week of uncertainty
Low Fence is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #56
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: I used to hunt in Culberson County, but now I hunt in Val Verde County.

Low Fence,

Glad your tests came back good.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #57
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Joined off and on last year including a 2 month stent that had me drop 25 pounds.

I'm currently on day 6 of a routine and hope it last this time.

Getting married September 9th and would like to be 44 pounds lighter on that date.

Today was chest and tri's.
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #58
Low Fence
Pope & Young

So this is where "bro science" trumps "medical science "

Few weeks ago my insurance company sent a lady over to do my blood test for life insurance. I don't know if she worked at Taco Bell part time or had a degree... no clue. All I know is she changed the date and time of test 5+ times. So thinking I had a few hrs before testing I went to get my workout in: took my pre workout, my intra workout and my post workout. While wrapping up cardio I get notified she will be ready in 15 min. So off I go, still itching from pre workout and completely broken from my workout. I tell her everything I'd done and she says "it won't effect test"..... well I was declined until further medical issues were corrected.

Everything was perfect except my liver function test. So I was basically called an alcoholic with signs of liver damage in letter company dr sent me. Now I'm no saint and I very well could have damaged my liver earlier in life.... but I've been tested half a dozen times and never flagged anything. So I think... maybe it's the supplements? I've been tested on them every time with no issue, but never this company... so I research. You can't even finish google search with " liver function test w.... "and workout pops up!!! #1 rule- 8 hr min fasted.... I ate 20 min before test. Rule #2...DONT WORKOUT 48hr MINIMUM before test. 7 days is best since the ast enzyme is released by damaged muscle. Every bro science articl I read basically called their test a fail. So I called my dr that I trust. Stopped supplements 7 days and workouts 5 days.. and fasted. Levels are great as everyone (myself, trainer,dr) expected. Emailed the mic drop to the under writer this afternoon.

Their test:

Ast 89 normal range 0-33
ALT 59 normal range 0-45
GGT 18 normal range 0-65..... this is the true liver enzyme anyway

My test after healing

Ast 19
Alt 31

.... with a sinus infection

Reguardless oftheir decision after facts I will continue workouts as planned and just may not have life insurance. I don't jump through hoops for any company... especially an industry I despise anyway
Old 02-10-2017, 06:05 AM   #59
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Goal by March 5 was to be at 185..... this am I hit 184 from 197

Won't adjust anything yet in the food or cardio areas, as I'm still loosing at a rate that is acceptable to me. Once it stops I will make changes as needed
Old 02-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #60
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Chest, biceps, abs today. Bench press X4 with strip downs as final set, long bar bicep curls X4 (slow on the eccentric), pec deck X4 (slow on the eccentric), preacher curls X4 (slow on the eccentric), reverse grip bench X4, incline dumbbell curls X4 (slow on the eccentric).

Ab roller X3, hanging leg raises X3, decline situps X3. I lost 9 pounds when I had my gall bladder out before Thanksgiving. I'm back up to 225, but I've got that Lady Gaga pooch going on. I need to get my BF checked, but the attendant at the gym didn't know if they used calipers or the handheld meter. Pretty sure I'm around 20%. The goal is 235 and 12%. Problem is my diet I know. Gotta work on that I guess.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:43 AM   #61
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Checkin' in.
Pretty big morning planned.
Garage stuff this eve.
10 miles on the paddleboard tomorrow..Come on tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #62
parkchief100
Ten Point

Got in a chest and triceps workout yesterday am with a little bit of abs. Wife and I went down to Trinity Park in FtW and rented bicycles for a thirty minute ride around the Trinity River. It was a pretty good cardio and leg workout and hot as H&ll!!!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #63
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default I skipped this weekend...

to let my left arm/elbow rest a little. I sure felt like going though. This morning was back to the 10X10. Deadlifts, hang clean/press, pushups, pull-ups, feet on ball hip thrusts and hanging leg raises.

Back to traditional tomorrow. Legs and back.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #64
rtp
Pope & Young

Chest, biceps, calves and cardio yesterday. Today, shoulders, traps, abs and cardio. Headed to the shoulder doctor in the morning. Im hoping and expecting good news that it is just a strain or I pinched something.

Last edited by rtp; 02-13-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-13-2017, 09:08 PM   #65
Muskles
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Haven't done any workouts since about a month before deer season. Started another round of body beast today. Chest and triceps.
Muskles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #66
Low Fence
Pope & Young

High rep, super set leg day. Little wobbly
Old 02-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #67
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Cardio today. I was at Big Oak all weekend and feel like I gained 20 lbs. I'm about to get on the treadmill and I'll be there for a long time!!
CRM_95 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2017, 08:22 AM   #68
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Heavy leg and back day. 5X5 with nearly max weight. Leg press, ring pull-ups, leg extensions, seated cable low rows, smith machine squats, narrow grip pull-ups. Hanging leg raises and ab roller. It was a good day. Back to the 10X10 tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #69
Muskles
Eight Point

Leg day...... woo hoo! Second day after taking off for at least 6 months. My legs are like wet noodles. Chest and tris didn't like me this morning.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #70
parkchief100
Ten Point

Back shoulders and traps early this am! Half asleep and got it done. Bam
Old 02-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #71
rtp
Pope & Young

Back, triceps, calves and cardio. Doctor appt went as hoped. He told me to keep doing what Im doing and just monitor it. He thinks I just aggravated it really bad. The problem is in the bicep tendon/labrum area of the shoulder. It is pretty tender and range of motion is a little bit limited but overall strength is really good. No noticeable weakness. Legs and abs tomorrow. Tomorrow marks the end of this workout routine. Im leaving town for Thursday-Sunday so I have to find a new plan to start up again on Monday. I may start back Sunday if I get back early enough.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #72
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default 10X10 booty kicker today...

Kettle bell swings, pushups, goblet squats, bicep curls, dumb bell kickbacks. 30 seconds rest between sets. Finished with two set of hanging leg raises. I was spent. I thought I was gonna hurl at about set number 8. I'm sitting at my desk and can feel rigor mortis setting in. LOL!

Tomorrow a heavy 5X5 day. Shoulders and legs.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #73
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Yesterday was an intense weight loss day.

You need to prep the day before by going to a public elementary school, this will insure you get the correct level of stomach virus to help you through your weight loss super journey.
Started at 9am with a set of 10x pants drops, super setted with kneeling stomach contractions... to failure

Dropped about 4 yesterday.

Chest and triceps today.... should be more enjoyable
Old 02-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #74
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Been there done that! Sorry you went through that!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #75
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Chest and shoulders today. I'm ready to get back at it. It's crazy how much I miss it after a few days off.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #76
Muskles
Eight Point

Back and bis today.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #77
rtp
Pope & Young

Legs today, Abs and cardio tomorrow. Leaving town after the gym. Probably go for a run each day while gone.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #78
Hart8
Pope & Young

Had a good 1.5 hr stint this a.m.
Gonna gym about 30 mins in the morning,and ride the trail.
Stay after it fellas!

Old 02-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #79
150class
Pope & Young

Joined a new gym today but still going strong
Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #80
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default Good, heavy day today...

Legs and shoulders. Seated shoulder press, lateral raises, rear delt cable pulls, leg press, leg extensions, ab roller, hanging leg raises. All 5X5. Feeling good!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #81
parkchief100
Ten Point

Chest and triceps yesterday am. Pretty good workout. Legs and biceps this am. Still trying to go heavier every morning but being half asleep doesn't help matters. Taking all these supplements- I am going to have to start some cardio soon before I get too fat! Boom
Old 02-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #82
rtp
Pope & Young

Got my cardio and ab workout in as well as a bunch of misc lifting since I wont be back in the gym until Sunday or most likely Monday. My fat loss has platued the past two weeks. Not sure what to do to get it burning again. Im at the end of my last workout program. I hope by mixing it up again starting Monday it will get things headed in the right direction again. Also, hoping that a couple 2-3 days off from lifting will let my shoulder completely heal up. Yall have a great weekend.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #83
Muskles
Eight Point

Shoulders today. Cardio and abs tomorrow. Think I'm gonna take both days of the weekend off, at first. Maybe throw in some stretches on Saturdays. Only my first week back, but my tennis elbow and tendonitis haven't shown any signs.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #84
parkchief100
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskles View Post
Shoulders today. Cardio and abs tomorrow. Think I'm gonna take both days of the weekend off, at first. Maybe throw in some stretches on Saturdays. Only my first week back, but my tennis elbow and tendonitis haven't shown any signs.
That's a good idea! I lift Mon-Fri and take off on the weekends. May try the stretching and a little cardio on the weekends. Got in a back, shoulders and traps workout this am. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #85
Hart8
Pope & Young

Yesterday was one of the toughest workouts I've ever had.
Gonna go about half speed this a.m.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #86
150class
Pope & Young

Dang shift work days kill my workout routine every time....

Leaving home at 6AM and not back until 8PM leaves no time to go to the gym..

Or am I making excuses?...
Old 02-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #87
SabreKiller
Ten Point

14 hour workdays are the worst ever. I'm usually too exhausted to do anything after days like that.

Today was a killer. Back to the 10X10 German volume thing. I'm definitely gonna feel this one tomorrow. Flat bench dumbbell presses, bent over dumbbell rows, dumbbell squats, plank, feet on ball hip raises. My elbow was bothering me a little and my left shoulder has a little twinge in it, but I worked through it. My eighth round I decided to move up to 80 pounds on the dumbbell press. Normally it would not have been an issue but this was my 8th set of 10. I thought I was gonna blow an eyeball out! It was a good workout nonetheless.

You know its good when you see stars or throw up. I saw stars today.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #88
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Cardio yesterday, legs and abs today. Getting back into my routine.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #89
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Arms shoulders and abs today, rest day tomorrow. Mine is about to get pretty mundane, because I'm just going to be running from now until it gets too hot. I mainly just work on endurance in the spring and early summer then hit the weights in late summer through winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #90
Muskles
Eight Point

Chest and tris again today. Elbow started acting up, so I finished up doing girl push-ups! Lol
Old 02-21-2017, 06:23 AM   #91
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Legs yesterday, chest and triceps today with cardio
Old 02-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #92
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Rested this weekend, if you can call it rest. Went to Austin on Saturday and babysat my 1.5 year old grandson while my son and his wife did Valentines stuff. Nutrition was shot all to heck too. Hamburgers, pizza, taco, chicken fried steak ad eggs. And that's before the birthday party I went to Sunday evening. Bloated is an understatement.

Yesterday was a holiday so I slept in then went to the gym about 0900. Another 10X10 day. Front squats, renegade rows, clean and press, pushups and pullups. Hanging leg raises and ab roller. I was spent.

Today was a heavy 5X5 day. Back and legs. Low rows, leg extensions, seated leg press, wide grip pullups, calf raises, bent over barbell rows, hanging leg raises, decline situps, wide reverse grip pullups.

The nitraflex/NO cocktail kicked in after my warm up and I was hittin' it like a mad man. Feeling good.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #93
rtp
Pope & Young

Ran 3.75 miles Saturday and Sunday while at my lakehouse. Yesterday was chest, biceps, and cardio. Today was shoulders, traps and cardio.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #94
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Lol. Nitraflex is the best pre supplement I can recall using. It flat out pumps some blood!!!

Re did my chest and triceps from 2 weeks ago at 3 lbs lighter (184 now) and went up a dumbbell on every set and increased reps on a few, so it's positive to see strength still slowly increasing while I start getting closer to goal weight. Want to ease into 180 before I go full throttle. Hoping to hit finished out goals without having to cut for as long as I did last year.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #95
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default I mixed it with....

an all natural NO powder that a friend of mine a the gym is using. The Nitraflex is good. It still makes my ears itch like the dickens though. I used to take C4 and that stuff made me itch all over.

Gotta get my BF checked, but sure hate spending $60 at the gym to have it done. Heck, I used to do it for $10 when I was training folks. But, they take circumference measurements and other stuff as well. I feel like I'm right at 18%. Wanna get down to 12% BF and increase my weight to 230-235 from 225. Gotta feed the machine!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #96
Muskles
Eight Point

Leg day. Elbow hasn't bothered me today.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #97
150class
Pope & Young

Chest and Tri's today.

Back and bi's tomorrow unless catching Axis goes to late and I run out of time for sleep (currently working nights)

Signed up at a new gym and set up a plan to meet with a personal Trainer once a week to help get the wheels turning. Worked out with him 2 days ago and haven't been that exhausted in a long time.

Took some C4 today as a prework out (supplements are completely new to me) and felt a little jittery but not much. Will see how it goes the next few times

Also started eating 10 fold healthier 3 days ago and my sweet tooth is killing me lol
Old 02-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #98
parkchief100
Ten Point

Got in a chest and triceps workout yesterday am. Went up to 305 for 3 on the bench. Legs and biceps today. Went up to 295 on squats. It felt really good. As long as the lower back and knee will hold up I will start loading the bar up again and Make these legs look like tree trunks.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #99
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Default Another 10X10 day...

This stuff can be brutal, but I feel awesome after its over! Hang clean, pullups, goblet squat, dips, dip/leg raise combo. All done as a circuit. My left elbow was killing me this morning. This was the second time I've done this workout and I was sucking wind after the 5th round. Only got in 8 rounds before I had to get ready for work.

Tomorrow will be heavy 5X5 again. Chest , hammies, abs.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #100
Muskles
Eight Point

Back and bis this morning.