Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #201
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy_w_7 View Post
If I get drawn, I'm setting up in the bed of my pickup.
the first year i hunted the vine a guy tagged a great buck right by the bridge on 377 , all these secret spot hunters push the deer right to the parking lots
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #202
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Must of missed last years deer. Someone pm that to me.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #203
Booner Sooner
Pope & Young
 
Booner Sooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corinth
Hunt In: Southeastern Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
Must of missed last years deer. Someone pm that to me.


Same here. Like to see this info
Booner Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #204
Shake N' Bake
Pope & Young
 
Shake N' Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Krum, Tx
Hunt In: Where ever im invited
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
Don't forget the gravel pit. I think I'm the only guy that ever got permission to cross it and hunt....


I knew the guy that ran back around 06 and I had permission then..
Shake N' Bake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #205
Larry
Ten Point
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
Must of missed last years deer. Someone pm that to me.


PM sent.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #206
Larry
Ten Point
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
put on our application!

Then you'd never get drawn again!
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2016, 09:29 PM   #207
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Then you'd never get drawn again!
we will pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #208
bigmike585
Ten Point
 
bigmike585's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Default

Would be awesome to see a successful youth report today! Seems like someone posted one on here last year.

Good luck youth hunters!
bigmike585 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #209
Booner Sooner
Pope & Young
 
Booner Sooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corinth
Hunt In: Southeastern Oklahoma
Default

Agree. Good luck to the youngsters.
Booner Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #210
Txcatsailor01
Four Point
 
Txcatsailor01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DFW
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

My 16 y/o son was in the stand last night. His ADHD caught up with him and he shot a rabbit. Needless to say, after that he didn't see anything else.
Txcatsailor01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #211
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Counting down to the 10th! Ready to get in the tree!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2016, 09:43 PM   #212
Booner Sooner
Pope & Young
 
Booner Sooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corinth
Hunt In: Southeastern Oklahoma
Default

Was in a tree on Sat morning from daylight until 10 am or so. Saw three shooter coons, a bunch of happy squirrels and one old man driving his fence line talking on the phone loudly, making his presence known.
Booner Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #213
jbhunting39
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

My son and I got drawn for grapevine this year. Been hearing some good things. Will post results
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #214
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booner Sooner View Post
Was in a tree on Sat morning from daylight until 10 am or so. Saw three shooter coons, a bunch of happy squirrels and one old man driving his fence line talking on the phone loudly, making his presence known.
I think Larry pays that old man to disourage hunters from his favorite area
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #215
GhostSkull
Eight Point
 
GhostSkull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dfw
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I think Larry pays that old man to disourage hunters from his favorite area
I bet it was Larry...
GhostSkull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #216
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
I bet it was Larry...
You could be right. He is getting old.

Howdy Larry!




But not as old as me .
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #217
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Hey im new here ha. Hunted grapevine for about 15 years duck hunting (or my dad 15, me 10) and got into bow hunting last 3 years. I got drawn for the full season. And also have my youth permit. Went out and didnt see any deer opening weekend. Lots of hogs around. Anyone notice that department of agriculture feeder up by the paint ball park, seen it for the past 2 months when out scouting.
Is this legal?

Last edited by dukslayer69; 10-06-2016 at 11:29 AM..
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #218
RedTail Hunter
Spike
 
RedTail Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

I want to say hello to everyone on this thread! I'm from Missouri but I currently work near Grapevine. Originally, I was after a young pig but I got lucky and drew a deer tag (#458). I feel honored to hunt this area and looking forward to chatting with any fellow hunter, should we bump into each other. I drive a little green Mazda pickup truck, so if you see me, please say hi. You might even see me camping at Marshall creek and perhaps Trophy park if they allow camping. I want to wish you all good luck this season.
RedTail Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #219
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

wish i could of gotten out this morning...
stomach bug has hit me hard/throwing up
these 50 degree temps have gotta have them moving lots!
will be out thursday morning and all next weekend though
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2016, 12:42 PM   #220
RedTail Hunter
Spike
 
RedTail Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Dukslayer69,

I was out scouting yesterday evening. Saw some big buck tracks and found a natural funnel with some hog sign. When does the rut start around here. I didn't see any rubs or scrapes.
I'll be sitting in my stand all day on Monday and Tuesday.
I also saw a really nice deer stand. I thought we were suppose to pack our stands out when we leave everyday? Can anyone comment on this?
RedTail Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #221
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
Dukslayer69,

I was out scouting yesterday evening. Saw some big buck tracks and found a natural funnel with some hog sign. When does the rut start around here. I didn't see any rubs or scrapes.
I'll be sitting in my stand all day on Monday and Tuesday.
I also saw a really nice deer stand. I thought we were suppose to pack our stands out when we leave everyday? Can anyone comment on this?
I think the rut is around Thanksgiving from what I can tell. Not supposed to leave stands there at all. Report them if you see them. The Rangers will come take them down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #222
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

The rut hits hard around Nov. 15th in this area. Give or take a week. Just wait and the "deer dead on road" sightings will start.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 09:24 AM   #223
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
I think the rut is around Thanksgiving from what I can tell. Not supposed to leave stands there at all. Report them if you see them. The Rangers will come take them down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
would the rangers have put that department of ag feeder up?
Its got fresh corn always and its a nice looking feeder
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #224
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukslayer69 View Post
would the rangers have put that department of ag feeder up?
Its got fresh corn always and its a nice looking feeder
Maybe, but I doubt it. Someone probably put that on the feeder to keep people from calling it in. Could be a local putting it out there. I'd still call it in. They'll tell you off it's theirs or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #225
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

I just don't know how anyone could walk this thing back 2 miles...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #226
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Need one more post to post a pic
...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #227
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #228
skudbucket
Four Point
 
skudbucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Bowie, LBJ, Byers, and Grapevine, TX
Default

Were there any traps set? Trapping is the main purpose for this sign and the sign has so be posted upon entry to the area where traps are set to give people enough time to get their pets under restraint. They would have to abide by state law. If there are traps they would have to check them daily.
skudbucket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #229
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

I talked a to a hog hunter named Jim and he said he saw some hog traps out there. I didn't see any personally.

Also the amount that I'm out there. They are not out there daily...

That sign was posted onto the feeder by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dukslayer69; 10-09-2016 at 11:47 AM..
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #230
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukslayer69 View Post
I talked a to a hog hunter named Jim and he said he saw some hog traps out there. I didn't see any personally.

Also the amount that I'm out there. They are not out there daily...

That sign was posted onto the feeder by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hunt the trails going to it then
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #231
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

No deer haha already tried

No sign either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #232
RedTail Hunter
Spike
 
RedTail Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

I spoke with the Corps of Engineers a month ago, and they stated there were outfits contracted to trap wild hogs on corps property. The corps been getting complaints to their office.
I am really bummed about the non-resident hunting fees Texas charges. The fee for a non-resident is $315. Wow! That is expensive but I will pay it on Friday when I get paid. So I have been unable to hunt as of today.. Big downer! If anybody has any influence, please ask Texas to lower these fees to something more acceptable.
RedTail Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #233
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
I spoke with the Corps of Engineers a month ago, and they stated there were outfits contracted to trap wild hogs on corps property. The corps been getting complaints to their office.
I am really bummed about the non-resident hunting fees Texas charges. The fee for a non-resident is $315. Wow! That is expensive but I will pay it on Friday when I get paid. So I have been unable to hunt as of today.. Big downer! If anybody has any influence, please ask Texas to lower these fees to something more acceptable.
I think it's less than most other states...I know Arkansas is $350.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #234
Etxnoodler
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
I spoke with the Corps of Engineers a month ago, and they stated there were outfits contracted to trap wild hogs on corps property. The corps been getting complaints to their office.
I am really bummed about the non-resident hunting fees Texas charges. The fee for a non-resident is $315. Wow! That is expensive but I will pay it on Friday when I get paid. So I have been unable to hunt as of today.. Big downer! If anybody has any influence, please ask Texas to lower these fees to something more acceptable.
Heck! Texas is nice as can be to non residents. All the other states REALLY screw over non residents. Try being able to draw lass than 10 percent of the tags and then having to pay 600 or more bucks for a tag.
Etxnoodler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2016, 10:44 PM   #235
acearrow
Ten Point
 
acearrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Argyle, TX
Hunt In: Nashoba, Ok
Default

Try Oklahoma, 280 for archery, another 280 for rifle, another 280 for muzzleloader. If you want to shoot a turkey, you have to buy another hunting liceance and a turkey tag. Will make you wish for the Texas fee that includes all game and weapons.
acearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2016, 12:28 AM   #236
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearrow View Post
Try Oklahoma, 280 for archery, another 280 for rifle, another 280 for muzzleloader. If you want to shoot a turkey, you have to buy another hunting liceance and a turkey tag. Will make you wish for the Texas fee that includes all game and weapons.
exactly !!! if 300.00 bucks is to much for someonen to pay for a non resident fee then maybe they need another hobby like hunting in their home state
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2016, 02:46 AM   #237
godum
Spike
 
godum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Buffalo Gap, TX and West Grapevine, TX
Default

Going to be hunting hard on the 16th and 17th. I need meat in the freezer. Gonna try some of those super secret spots that everyone talks about ...I think you have to be at least 25' up a tree for the deer not to detect you. They walk around looking up. Has anyone been up Denton creek lately? How far west of 377 can you get by boat now? Godum
godum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #238
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

I was up there running the creek in early teal season and I got up pretty far from the boat ramp from trophy club park. I would assume you could keep going all the way up past 377


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #239
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godum View Post
Going to be hunting hard on the 16th and 17th. I need meat in the freezer. Gonna try some of those super secret spots that everyone talks about ...I think you have to be at least 25' up a tree for the deer not to detect you. They walk around looking up. Has anyone been up Denton creek lately? How far west of 377 can you get by boat now? Godum

I will be out all day friday thru sunday for the first time this season, I plan on all day sits and a lil scouting around, I wanna find Larry's magical big buk paradise. where do you plan on starting and what deer
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #240
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I will be out all day friday thru sunday for the first time this season, I plan on all day sits and a lil scouting around, I wanna find Larry's magical big buk paradise. where do you plan on starting and what deer
ill be out saturday and sunday. Gonna go where i whacked them last year
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #241
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I will be out all day friday thru sunday for the first time this season, I plan on all day sits and a lil scouting around, I wanna find Larry's magical big buk paradise. where do you plan on starting and what deer
I'll be hunting that big buck paradise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 01:01 AM   #242
RedTail Hunter
Spike
 
RedTail Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
exactly !!! if 300.00 bucks is to much for someonen to pay for a non resident fee then maybe they need another hobby like hunting in their home state
Interesting reply above, but I beg to differ. As hunters we share the same passion, and with hunting numbers decreasing we should be looking for ways to encourage people to hunt and become hunters. High license and permit fees preclude this. Case in point. Look at Missouri. Missouri charges Texans $75 for an archery tag. You get two deer tags and two turkey tags. Let's look at New York State. How much do you think.......$100 for a non-resident. My point is not to belittle Texas but to make it more hunter friendly from a financial standpoint. God Bless Texas!!
Back to the thread theme! Any deer photos or deer harvested yet? I'm in a little Green Mazda. Say hello if we cross paths!
RedTail Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 06:13 AM   #243
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

I'm going out tomorrow morning! Hope to kill one at my secret tall treed corner


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #244
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukslayer69 View Post
I'm going out tomorrow morning! Hope to kill one at my secret tall treed corner


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gah I love hunting that secret corner! Always mystical giants running around there!
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #245
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
Interesting reply above, but I beg to differ. As hunters we share the same passion, and with hunting numbers decreasing we should be looking for ways to encourage people to hunt and become hunters. High license and permit fees preclude this. Case in point. Look at Missouri. Missouri charges Texans $75 for an archery tag. You get two deer tags and two turkey tags. Let's look at New York State. How much do you think.......$100 for a non-resident. My point is not to belittle Texas but to make it more hunter friendly from a financial standpoint. God Bless Texas!!
Back to the thread theme! Any deer photos or deer harvested yet? I'm in a little Green Mazda. Say hello if we cross paths!
This is a bit misleading - Archery fee, Gun fee, doe tags, what about Turkey, small game, etc? I've hunted NY many times as a non-res and it is reasonable if you are taking a week trip for deer (no guarantee for doe tag), but Texas non-res provides much greater variety for that $300ish fee.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #246
acearrow
Ten Point
 
acearrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Argyle, TX
Hunt In: Nashoba, Ok
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshot View Post
This is a bit misleading - Archery fee, Gun fee, doe tags, what about Turkey, small game, etc? I've hunted NY many times as a non-res and it is reasonable if you are taking a week trip for deer (no guarantee for doe tag), but Texas non-res provides much greater variety for that $300ish fee.
Missouri non-resident archery is 225 is for 2 deer and 2 turkey. You then have to get a rifle tag for 225 that gets you one deer. You can buy doe permits for another 25 once you have the rifle tag. As you can see, it adds up to be much more than Texas and doesn't include all the means and methods. Texas tag will get you hunting with any method from oct to jan, 5 deer and 4 turkey. Seems like a much better deal.
I understand your point though, I wish there was a cheaper process to hunt other states but I guess each state is just trying to protect their own hunters. Prices are one of the reasons I haven't been able to go back to Colorado to hunt. Miss those mountains.
acearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #247
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearrow View Post
Missouri non-resident archery is 225 is for 2 deer and 2 turkey. You then have to get a rifle tag for 225 that gets you one deer. You can buy doe permits for another 25 once you have the rifle tag. As you can see, it adds up to be much more than Texas and doesn't include all the means and methods. Texas tag will get you hunting with any method from oct to jan, 5 deer and 4 turkey. Seems like a much better deal.

I understand your point though, I wish there was a cheaper process to hunt other states but I guess each state is just trying to protect their own hunters. Prices are one of the reasons I haven't been able to go back to Colorado to hunt. Miss those mountains.


Moving to Colorado in December. Super bummed to leave cause of what I have here for hunting so close to home. What kind of hunting did you do up there?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #248
RedTail Hunter
Spike
 
RedTail Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearrow View Post
Missouri non-resident archery is 225 is for 2 deer and 2 turkey. You then have to get a rifle tag for 225 that gets you one deer. You can buy doe permits for another 25 once you have the rifle tag. As you can see, it adds up to be much more than Texas and doesn't include all the means and methods. Texas tag will get you hunting with any method from oct to jan, 5 deer and 4 turkey. Seems like a much better deal.
I understand your point though, I wish there was a cheaper process to hunt other states but I guess each state is just trying to protect their own hunters. Prices are one of the reasons I haven't been able to go back to Colorado to hunt. Miss those mountains.
Ace,

You are correct. The Missouri Non-Resident Archery tag is $225. My internet info was old concerning Mo permit fees but I still feel $315 and $225 is a little much. Thanks for the correction and understandings. I think as hunters we need to look out for each other and reach a balance on our conservation efforts/wallets. I don't want to Hijack this thread, so I will leave it at that.
I would much rather hear about your honey holes and see pics.
RedTail Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #249
dukslayer69
Four Point
 
dukslayer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Here's a pic to stop the license Commotion
First deer with a bow I killed at grapevine last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dukslayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #250
RedTail Hunter
Spike
 
RedTail Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Switchback?
RedTail Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com