Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #201
sneedb82
Eight Point
 
sneedb82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Hunt In: 123456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
i have a can on leo...can one transfer it to the trust w/out going through nfa or does that even matter legally in the inheritance aspect??

The trust route is indeed less hassle if you are new to the class iii game.
From Individual (through CLEO) to Trust would create a $200 transfer again. Sorry
sneedb82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #202
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
It hasnt been that bad for me honestly. I get all my cards and photo's printed and signed off and I'm out the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
i have a can on leo...can one transfer it to the trust w/out going through nfa or does that even matter legally in the inheritance aspect??

The trust route is indeed less hassle if you are new to the class iii game.
I'm looking at it from both the black helicopter aspect and the ease of transfer to beneficiaries and such. No LEO sign off, no registration with the state or city, no fingerprints, no photographs, etc.....

LEO here in Tarrant county will sign off all day long but trust still seems to be the better route.

That being said, I'm getting impatient to buy my first can to put on my 10/22. I may buy just that one via LEO sign off.

I have also read that turn around times from the .gov seem to be a little quicker on trusts vs CLEO sign off.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #203
slacker
Ten Point
 
slacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Victoria,Texas
Hunt In: Leaseless
Default

I understand the LEO signing off but can someone explain this trust thing.
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #204
outlaw38
Ten Point
 
outlaw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gulf coast plains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
I understand the LEO signing off but can someone explain this trust thing.
I can set you up with everthing !!!
outlaw38 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #205
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I'm looking at it from both the black helicopter aspect and the ease of transfer to beneficiaries and such. No LEO sign off, no registration with the state or city, no fingerprints, no photographs, etc.....

LEO here in Tarrant county will sign off all day long but trust still seems to be the better route.

That being said, I'm getting impatient to buy my first can to put on my 10/22. I may buy just that one via LEO sign off.

I have also read that turn around times from the .gov seem to be a little quicker on trusts vs CLEO sign off.
I understand what you're saying. In all actuality I'm almost out of cans to buy. I'll have a 300 win can by end of this year. Then only one's i'd be missing would be a 50 can and a 45 can. Dont know that I'll ever buy the 50 can though.

The LEO signoff from what I can tell and from what my dealer told me, the leo's are running about 3-5 weeks faster.
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #206
cbrown
Pope & Young
 
cbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waco
Hunt In: Will hunt 4 food
Default

One day I would like to build one with a can.
Do yall buy an upper or specifically a barrel with the intension of putting a can on it? Are most cans quick connect, where as you remove the flash hidder and slip the can on or do you have to get the barrel threaded?
cbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #207
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown View Post
One day I would like to build one with a can.
Do yall buy an upper or specifically a barrel with the intension of putting a can on it? Are most cans quick connect, where as you remove the flash hidder and slip the can on or do you have to get the barrel threaded?

Most ar bbls are already threaded 1/2 x 28 and you do want a quick connect for the ar platform. You will replace the a2 with another type of flash hider / break for the particular suppressor you choose. You can shoot the gun with and without the can this way.

I cut my 16" tube down to 12.5 and rethreaded for my particular sbr build.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #208
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneedb82 View Post
From Individual (through CLEO) to Trust would create a $200 transfer again. Sorry
simply not worth it for this particualr 22 can...thanks.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #209
Tommyh
Pope & Young
 
Tommyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Katy
Default

There are people who use Quicken to do a "Firearms Trust" and BATFE is comoing down hard on those people. The best way to do it is through an atty who has exp in writing these particular types of trusts.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #210
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
There are people who use Quicken to do a "Firearms Trust" and BATFE is comoing down hard on those people. The best way to do it is through an atty who has exp in writing these particular types of trusts.
Yep, I'm going to have Sean Cody do mine.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #211
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
There are people who use Quicken to do a "Firearms Trust" and BATFE is comoing down hard on those people. The best way to do it is through an atty who has exp in writing these particular types of trusts.
Attorney easier than a LEO!!!!! Yeah Right!! That's like a Glock that never misfires!
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #212
Tommyh
Pope & Young
 
Tommyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Katy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
Attorney easier than a LEO!!!!! Yeah Right!! That's like a Glock that never misfires!
Nono, not any easier than an LEO. I'm talking the trust setup by someone using Quicken instead of an attorney doing the trust. Youre going to get fines, confiscated, and jail time with the recent pickup in prosecution in Quickbook Trusts.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #213
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyh View Post
Nono, not any easier than an LEO. I'm talking the trust setup by someone using Quicken instead of an attorney doing the trust. Youre going to get fines, confiscated, and jail time with the recent pickup in prosecution in Quickbook Trusts.
This!^^^^^^^^^


Is why I do LEO, too many chances to screw up!
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #214
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Yep, I'm going to have Sean Cody do mine.
He did mine. Great guy to deal with.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #215
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

My last two suppressors were approved and in my hands 90 days after they cashed the check.

Ive got 6 suppressors waiting on approval now.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #216
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
This!^^^^^^^^^


Is why I do LEO, too many chances to screw up!
His point being that there are plenty of folks who have gone the "cheap" route and set one up using Quickbooks. I don't pretend to know all of the laws and how trustees, beneficiaries, etc...should be set up so I will paying a professional to do it.

Too many restrictions and intrusions into my personal life going the LEO route.

What happens to your suppressors if God forbid something happens to you? In a trust they are protected, not so with LEO sign off.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #217
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
His point being that there are plenty of folks who have gone the "cheap" route and set one up using Quickbooks. I don't pretend to know all of the laws and how trustees, beneficiaries, etc...should be set up so I will paying a professional to do it.

Too many restrictions and intrusions into my personal life going the LEO route.

What happens to your suppressors if God forbid something happens to you? In a trust they are protected, not so with LEO sign off.
Exactly, in my trust both my wife and I own the Class 3 items and if something happens to both of us they go to my brother.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #218
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

I don't get the intrusion part, no different than getting your CHL.

If you call up to ATF, they will tell you that no matter what once you die, the person in charge of your estate must call in and report your death, the suppressors are left to the estate. Therefore whoever they are left to becomes the owner, no confiscation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
His point being that there are plenty of folks who have gone the "cheap" route and set one up using Quickbooks. I don't pretend to know all of the laws and how trustees, beneficiaries, etc...should be set up so I will paying a professional to do it.

Too many restrictions and intrusions into my personal life going the LEO route.

What happens to your suppressors if God forbid something happens to you? In a trust they are protected, not so with LEO sign off.
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #219
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Nerds, all of ya!






















I want one.......
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #220
PROUDTEXAN
Six Point
 
PROUDTEXAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Copperas Cove
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default

Starting my first ar build! I've been looking at a yankee hill upper half. Just wanting some input, has anyone used any yankee hill uppers if so what was your experience good bad or indiferent. New to black rifles and i just dont wana buy something i'll regret. Thanks in advance!
PROUDTEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #221
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
I don't get the intrusion part, no different than getting your CHL.

If you call up to ATF, they will tell you that no matter what once you die, the person in charge of your estate must call in and report your death, the suppressors are left to the estate. Therefore whoever they are left to becomes the owner, no confiscation.
So who would be able to legally posses them? You would have to go through the transfer process again would you not?

And that's kinda my point about the personal intrusion; my fingerprints and photos and everything else is on file. Whey do they need it again every single time I purchase an NFA item?
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #222
Joey~AP
Administrator
 
Joey~AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right behind you...watchin.
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROUDTEXAN View Post
Starting my first ar build! I've been looking at a yankee hill upper half. Just wanting some input, has anyone used any yankee hill uppers if so what was your experience good bad or indiferent. New to black rifles and i just dont wana buy something i'll regret. Thanks in advance!
From what I have read and learned is that YHM is good stuff.....but heavy and bulky. And I think all that realtes to their free float hand rails. I have one and dont mind the weight or the bulkiness.

As far as the upper reciever....there are only a couple of manufacturers and everbody puts their brand on it. I may be wrong.

They have some cool stuff, IMO. But....I aint no expert!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
()_)--()_)---o-)_)
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #223
Joey~AP
Administrator
 
Joey~AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right behind you...watchin.
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post

I want one.......
Bail off in it, hand!

Dont be skeered.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
()_)--()_)---o-)_)
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #224
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
So who would be able to legally posses them? You would have to go through the transfer process again would you not?

And that's kinda my point about the personal intrusion; my fingerprints and photos and everything else is on file. Whey do they need it again every single time I purchase an NFA item?
To be honest I have no idea why you do it every time, I think it is poor management on their part. Makes no sense at all.

Even if you have a trust it will have to be transferred to someone else eventually. It has to pass ownership once your trust is finito! Same reason corporations can't own weapons...they want someone accountable. Here's the way I see it, trust and legal documents would be subject to question much sooner than reversing a ruling on a Chief Officer's decision.
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #225
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
To be honest I have no idea why you do it every time, I think it is poor management on their part. Makes no sense at all.

Even if you have a trust it will have to be transferred to someone else eventually. It has to pass ownership once your trust is finito! Same reason corporations can't own weapons...they want someone accountable. Here's the way I see it, trust and legal documents would be subject to question much sooner than reversing a ruling on a Chief Officer's decision.
The way I understand it, trustees can be added at any time.

I dunno, I just feel more comfortable with the trust. Tomato/tomato I guess.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #226
BuckySWT
Ten Point
 
BuckySWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Hunt In: Menard County
Default

not to jump topics, but I'm so stoked...my upper came in today!!

Got it on the lower, scope mounted, bipod on.
Magpul stock is still on the way...ordered the wrong size...DOH!!
AR gold trigger should be shipped in another week or so

Want to take it to the range, but I know it will shoot better with the new trigger...so we wait some more

Here's what she looks like thus far:

BuckySWT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #227
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default Re: AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

Mike, I'm not sure how that works, who is the transferee on your form 4? Does it have your name or your name and trust at the end? That's what I don't understand, I don't think one would have a benefit other than the right to own in case a LEO is extremely anti-gun! Like I said this is just how Im interpreting it, I'm by no way an expert.


BTW! Picking up my EVO 9 Sunday!





Sweet ride Bucky!
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #228
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default Re: AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

UPS fairy dropped me a present today!!! Now, if my guns would come in to mount them to!
Attached Images
 
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #229
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
UPS fairy dropped me a present today!!! Now, if my guns would come in to mount them to!
Travis, let me know how you like those scopes. If it wasn't for my Leupold deal I would have bought one of those for my DPMS 308.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #230
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

I love those Accupoint scopes, I have three 5-20x50, one 2.5-10x56, and one 1-4.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #231
Bily Lovec
Pope & Young
 
Bily Lovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fulshear & Padre Is
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I love those Accupoint scopes, I have three 5-20x50, one 2.5-10x56, and one 1-4.
I thought you were selling one ?


I like my TR24G also

may try to get some brass on the ground today, wether permitting.
where do you shoot, maddox ? ASC is closest for me.
Bily Lovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #232
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I thought you were selling one ?


I like my TR24G also

may try to get some brass on the ground today, wether permitting.
where do you shoot, maddox ? ASC is closest for me.
Ended up keeping it, and the rifle also.

I shoot at Impact Zone, but given the amount of rain we got last night there is no way I can get to the back to the rifle range. Plus, Im in Infant Care class today with my wife.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #233
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Travis, let me know how you like those scopes. If it wasn't for my Leupold deal I would have bought one of those for my DPMS 308.
If you have the same deal Im thinking of with Leupy, it is available with them as well, pm me your number.

They are both super clear, I'm very impressed, the green dot really pops out.

The 3-9 is going on my 6.8, the 5-20 is going on my 338 win encore.
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #234
Bily Lovec
Pope & Young
 
Bily Lovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fulshear & Padre Is
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Ended up keeping it, and the rifle also.

I shoot at Impact Zone, but given the amount of rain we got last night there is no way I can get to the back to the rifle range. Plus, Im in Infant Care class today with my wife.
I need to check out the Impact Zone, they have a good reputation.

Good luck to you and your wife, those classes are fun...

thanks
Bily Lovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #235
Joey~AP
Administrator
 
Joey~AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right behind you...watchin.
Hunt In: Texas
Default

I wish my scope would get here.

Anybody ever deal with SWFA?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
()_)--()_)---o-)_)
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #236
Bily Lovec
Pope & Young
 
Bily Lovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fulshear & Padre Is
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey~AP View Post
I wish my scope would get here.

Anybody ever deal with SWFA?

yup
after three months on Back Order, I canceled my order... I think doing so hurt their feelings
Bily Lovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #237
Joey~AP
Administrator
 
Joey~AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right behind you...watchin.
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Ive been on BO about that long. Talked to them last week and they say the order is due in ( to them) any day now. They neglected to tell me upon order that it would be on BO.

Not very good service for a local Texas company.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
()_)--()_)---o-)_)
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #238
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

Attached Images
 
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #239
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post













i hate you
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #240
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Can anyone give reports on return to zero accuracy when you remove / re-install a scope mounted on LaRue QD mounts?
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #241
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Can anyone give reports on return to zero accuracy when you remove / re-install a scope mounted on LaRue QD mounts?
I've only done it once but, it returned exactly to zero, or as best as I could shoot zero. So, take that for what it's worth!


I'll post pics of my SBR finished up tomorrow!


I'm working on a new AR project, something that everyone says cant be done effectively, i'm studying up, I really want to make this happen and I want to exceed where other's failed.
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #242
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Here it is! My first SBR with Can!


I'll post the stats on it later tonight!

Here's the pic!



Oh how great it shoots and sounds!
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #243
Tommyh
Pope & Young
 
Tommyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Katy
Default

I've got a 6.8 Stag BCG on order from an ***hat on gunbroker who is supposed to be a Stag dealer, but i am still waiting to have it shipped to me. Sent him a nastygram this morning, and will turn it over to Gunbroker if this keeps up a few more days. I'm thinking they have some sort of minimum length of time before you can whine to them.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #244
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

Tommy,

There is nothing else in this world that annoys me more when someone drags their feet on a deal!
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #245
JonBoy
Ten Point
 
JonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesquitecountry View Post
Here it is! My first SBR with Can!


I'll post the stats on it later tonight!

Here's the pic!



Oh how great it shoots and sounds!
Wet cleanup in my office! Hellanice rig there MC
JonBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #246
qzilla
Ten Point
 
qzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth
Default

OK, I am not going to cut and paste all the LEO vs Trust stuff. There are pros and cons to almost everything. Depending on how much NFA stuff you have and how you want to pass it down there are more than 1 way to do it.

Having said that, if you have a good sized estate of NFA items and you want security and simplicity here is how you do it.

Setup a Corporation or LLC. These have legal ability to purchase NFA items without signoffs or any other issues.

Put your Corporation or LLC in a trust.

When you die, the trust wills the shares of the coportation to your kids or whoever and the corporation is still the owner because until dissolved the coporation never dies.

Ask Sean Cody, I am the first one he ever did anything like that from and he thought I was weird until he worked it all out.

Its the perfect hand down plan.

Having said that the downsides are that it takes works to file all the corporate mumbo jumbo every year with penalties if you don't.
qzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #247
Bily Lovec
Pope & Young
 
Bily Lovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fulshear & Padre Is
Default

Not all county LEO will sign off, hence you have no choice but to go the trust route.
Bily Lovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #248
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

Specs on the SBR

Spikes 9mm Upper/Lower
10.5" Barrel threaded 1/2x28
A3 configuration
Magpul MOE Handguard
Ergo Rail
Magpul MBUS
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
Vortex Strikefire
Streamlight TLR-2 C4
Daniel Defense VFG

Spikes 9MM Buffer
Heavy Buffer Spring
Standard LPK
Flag Laser Etched Lower
Hogue Pistol Grip
Milspec CTR

When I set out on this build I wanted to build a gun that was essentially a souped up no jam MP5 look with the ease of use of an AR platform. It fires phenomenal. I haven't sighted it in yet but soon will!

Full power is quiet aside from the sonic pop, recoil is very minimal. Now to build a host pistol to share with it, dare I say or the first time ever I'm contemplating a glock, merely because it is the easiest and arguably for the money the best suppressor ready pistol on the market.
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #249
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

spike's uses parts from china...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #250
mesquitecountry
Pope & Young
 
mesquitecountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Only Public Land :)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
spike's uses parts from china...
Yeah Yeah, and TOYOTA is made in America!
mesquitecountry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com