Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #51
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
Sounds like something I need to check in to . I have gained about 25 lbs in the last 3 years . I need to lose that plus another 20 . What's the best place to read about it at ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more videos on you tube than you can shake a stick at, if you want to get into some of the science behind it try Books- It begins with Food-Wheatbelly- Grainbrain.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #52
icetrauma
Ten Point

Hunt In: Langtry

Quote:
Sounds like something I need to check in to . I have gained about 25 lbs in the last 3 years . I need to lose that plus another 20 . What's the best place to read about it at ?

Lots of info on youtube and Google. Not trying to be a smart azz but those are your best bets.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #53
rut-ro
Six Point

Default -

Quote:
Sounds like something I need to check in to . I have gained about 25 lbs in the last 3 years . I need to lose that plus another 20 . What's the best place to read about it

GTS and you will be overwhelmed with reading material
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #54
Strummer
Ten Point

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
Lots of info on youtube and Google. Not trying to be a smart azz but those are your best bets.

Oh not at all . That gives me a good place to start.i have never heard of this before

Strummer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #55
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnells County

Some of you guys throw down info on when you like to workout. Morning, mid day, night? When is the optimal time? I have done some research and seen arguments for all of it. What say you guys?
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #56
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Oh not at all . That gives me a good place to start.i have never heard of this before

Some of the people I follow on youtube with good info on keto are

Joe Rogan - very pro keto and he's an avid hunter
Jason Wittrock - a sponsored athlete in the fitness category and good info.
Goodybeats - he's a kid from San Marcos very positive.
Primal Edge Health - mellow expat living in Ecuador, I think, with solid foundation on keto. He's very mellow and hippish but has good content.

Last edited by icetrauma; 03-20-2017 at 08:30 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #57
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
Some of you guys throw down info on when you like to workout. Morning, mid day, night? When is the optimal time? I have done some research and seen arguments for all of it. What say you guys?
I work nights and for me, it all depends on how I feel. I prefer lifting after work because I have fuel in my tank. It mostly depends on my sleep pattern. Some days I'm to tired to hit the gym after work and I wake up around 1430 and do a fasted workout or cardio. I never do lower body without some sort of fuel/food on board unless it's in the am when I'm off the previous day.

Edit....I really don't pay that much attention as when the best time is to train stuff. My best advice is to listen to your body. It'll tell you when it's time to go. Yeah, sometimes you're tired and dragging but can still hit it. You just have to know when a rest day is needed.

Last edited by icetrauma; 03-20-2017 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #58
Target-panic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas, Missouri, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Fiancé and I started just after New Years with the 28 day meal plans from Ruled.me webpage. She has lost 18 lbs and shortened her 5k time and I have lost 30 lbs and short the time it takes to walk 3-4 miles we try to get our track time 2-3 times a week. Easiest way I have ever found to lose weight eating great food. We use more seasoning than I ever knew existed. Bulletproof coffee is my mainstay breakfast every day now.
She has about 10-15 more she wants to lose and I have 50 more. I can see us easily doing so by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Target-panic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #59
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

I have been maintaining for a few months. I love eating low carb. I had type 2 diabetes, but diet has gotten me off medicine.

I have 2 sisters in a "keto study" they are a year into a 2 year study. 1 has lost 80+ lbs and the other 66. They are off all their medicine(blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol)

bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #60
IkemanTX
Six Point

Hunt In: Caddo

If only I could drink coffee....
Can't stand the bitterness.

IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #61
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
A good way to get diabetes from what I hear too.

I have lost 27 lbs in 11 weeks on my diet of steak, potatoes, cereal, bread, fruit, etc.

It is called eating less, moderate exercise, and... nope thats it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Actually complete opposite. I was type 2 and now do not take medicine. My diet controls it. Same with 2 sisters

bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #62
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
Actually complete opposite. I was type 2 and now do not take medicine. My diet controls it. Same with 2 sisters

That is freaking amazing. Strong work!!!

On youtube, there is a channel called Headbangers Kitchen. He is a guy in India and has some awesome recipes. I routinely eat the keto chocolate mug cake.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #63
TxTechBowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brewster, Cooke and Clay County

Another good YouTube source for info on Keto is Zac Griffith. He is also a hunter/fitness guy.

FYI, chicken wings are Keto as long as you get them naked (no breading) and pay attention to which sauce you get them tossed in. I prefer wing stops Louisana rub.
TxTechBowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #64
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
Another good YouTube source for info on Keto is Zac Griffith. He is also a hunter/fitness guy.

FYI, chicken wings are Keto as long as you get them naked (no breading) and pay attention to which sauce you get them tossed in. I prefer wing stops Louisana rub.
I'll have to check him out. Thanks

Also very calorie dense as well. Btw, Bdubs Spicy Garlic has 2 grams of carbs per serving.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #65
IkemanTX
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post

Their Cajun is good too.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #66
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target-panic View Post
Fiancé and I started just after New Years with the 28 day meal plans from Ruled.me webpage. She has lost 18 lbs and shortened her 5k time and I have lost 30 lbs and short the time it takes to walk 3-4 miles we try to get our track time 2-3 times a week. Easiest way I have ever found to lose weight eating great food. We use more seasoning than I ever knew existed. Bulletproof coffee is my mainstay breakfast every day now.

So all you eat is coffee for breakfast? And yall will go to a track 2-3 days a week for the next 15-20 years?

Not to be Debbie downer, but this will be hard to do for a lifetime and after your body is in starvation mode you need more for breakfast. Most important meal of the day
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #67
CEO
Ten Point

When you check out these YouTube videos make sure to read the comments section. The vegan backlash is usually pretty epic.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #68
IkemanTX
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
So all you eat is coffee for breakfast? And yall will go to a track 2-3 days a week for the next 15-20 years?

I don't drink it, but it has fat added via butter, cream, and sometimes coconut oil. It gives a good calorie and energy boost.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #69
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnells County

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post

I do coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract, heavy cream and stevia. It's not bitter at all and its pretty tastey. I drink it about 0700 and I'm ready for a meal by 0930-1000. Now that I'm behind a desk and off the streets I find it tuff to get motivated. I may ask for a transfer just so I can get back to moving more!
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #70
TxTechBowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brewster, Cooke and Clay County

Quote:

Not to be Debbie downer, but this will be hard to do for a lifetime and after your body is in starvation mode you need more for breakfast. Most important meal of the day
Do you have any science to back up the breakfast is the most important meal of the day idea or are you just repeating what you have always been told? A lot of research is starting to show this is not actually the case.
TxTechBowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #71
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
When you check out these YouTube videos make sure to read the comments section. The vegan backlash is usually pretty epic.
Truth and it's hilarious.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #72
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
I do coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract, heavy cream and stevia. It's not bitter at all and its pretty tastey. I drink it about 0700 and I'm ready for a meal by 0930-1000. Now that I'm behind a desk and off the streets I find it tuff to get motivated. I may ask for a transfer just so I can get back to moving more!
I use coconut oil, butter and sometime SF vanilla or hazelnut flavoring. Not bitter at all. And techically, keto coffee/bullet proof coffee is a meal in and of itself. Very nutrient dense.

Coffee during my work shift is only with heavy whipping cream.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #73
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Been on and off them for many years, always feel great good smooth consistent energy throughout the day. Biggest problem people have is little cheats here and there, don't account for stupid things like ketchup on a burger patty, etc... You can't have ANY of that, you get enough residual carbs just with green veggies and any more on top you'll just feel like poo all the time. If you need sweetener, get the liquid sucralose or liquid stevia, anything in the packets that says 0 carbs can be up to 1 carb... you see maltodextrin and stuff like that as an ingredient then throw it back on the shelf.

http://cavemanketo.com/

If I'm in a hurry I'll combine it with intermittent fasting.

Last edited by justletmein; 03-20-2017 at 09:40 PM..
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #74
justletmein
Ten Point

Quote:

I have lost 27 lbs in 11 weeks on my diet of steak, potatoes, cereal, bread, fruit, etc.

LOL no, just no. Where in the world did you hear that? Diabetics have great success on this diet unless they're cheating and don't do it right.

See V

Quote:

Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #75
jmac2410
Eight Point

Hunt In: Fayette, Lavaca County

I have a bunch of Facebook friends raving about a product called Keto OS. It's a drink mix that claims to put your body into Ketosis within an hour, regardless what you eat. My fiancés mother tried it for a week, and said she was in a better mood and had more energy.

I Have seen some before and after pics of the FB friends I mentioned who are using the Keto OS and the results are hard to believe. I'm typically very skeptical of all the snake oil type stuff but I'm considering giving it a shot.

https://pruvitnow.com/products/
jmac2410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #76
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac2410 View Post
I have a bunch of Facebook friends raving about a product called Keto OS. It's a drink mix that claims to put your body into Ketosis within an hour, regardless what you eat. My fiancés mother tried it for a week, and said she was in a better mood and had more energy.

I Have seen some before and after pics of the FB friends I mentioned who are using the Keto OS and the results are hard to believe. I'm typically very skeptical of all the snake oil type stuff but I'm considering giving it a shot.

JMO.but yes they might put you in to ketosis faster but that doesn't mean you automatically start burning fat. To my knowledge, which is little on this product, it is nothing but exogenous ketones so, when you **** on the stick, it'll pop for ketones.

And no thank you for $130 for 2 wks supply. Ouch!

Last edited by icetrauma; 03-20-2017 at 10:31 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #77
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Kinney Counties

Quote:

That's because you're not eating carbs. There's no way this diet is sustainable or healthy. You can't eat all the eggs and bacon, butter and red meat you want and be healthy. Sure, you'll lose weight but that doesn't make it healthy.

Last edited by panhandlehunter; 03-20-2017 at 10:43 PM..
panhandlehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #78
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandlehunter View Post
That's because you're not eating carbs. There's no way this diet is sustainable or healthy. You can't eat all the eggs and bacon, butter and red meat you want and be healthy. Sure, you'll lose weight but that doesn't make it healthy.

That's why you incorporate healthy fats. Fish, avocado, nuts etc. It doesn't have to be all processed meats.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #79
justletmein
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac2410 View Post

INGREDIENTS: Beta Hydroxybutyrate (Patent Pending), Erythritol, L-Taurine, Fermented L-Leucine, Natural Flavor, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Stevia, Xanthan Gum, Caffeine‡.

Yeah I'm not seeing squat there.

Quote:
Ever hear of an essential carbohydrate? That's right they don't exist. Essential amino acids and essential fatty acids DO exist.

Besides, plenty of residual carbs and fibers from green veggies and nuts and avocados and such.

Fact is people live these diets as a permanent lifestyle and they work just fine.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #80
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
That's why you incorporate healthy fats. Fish, avocado, nuts etc. It doesn't have to be all processed meats.
It's still not sustainable. Basically a revised version of the Adkins diet. Once you do fall off the diet wagon you'll gain all the weight you lost back. Eat healthy foods, get a fitbit and get your steps in.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #81
icetrauma
Ten Point

Quote:
It's still not sustainable. Basically a revised version of the Adkins diet. Once you do fall off the diet wagon you'll gain all the weight you lost back. Eat healthy foods, get a fitbit and get your steps in.

Not a fan of fitbits. I track my macros and hit the gym 4-6 times a week and 3 days on a bad week. We all have our measuring devices. I use clothes fitting and muscle definition. And how I'm feeling of course.

It's a better version then Atkins. Atkins didn't track calories to my knowledge. Majority of people on keto tend to track better than people did on Atkins. It's all how you eat.

Last edited by icetrauma; 03-20-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #82
justletmein
Ten Point

Quote:
Tell that to the people been on them 10+ years and best cholesterol and hormone numbers they've ever seen in their lives.

The problems the rumormill like this typically come from are the crazy aunt who bought Adkins book and read the first paragraph and a few meal plans and half-assed it for a few months. Educated people who do it right have great success and are more healthy than 90% of the people on this forum.

Having said that, it's not for everybody. Like you said in a previous post a mainstream diet with simple healthy foods and reduced calories will do better for a lot of people that don't have the appropriate discipline or time to research and educate themselves.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #83
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter83 View Post
This is one of the best misspellings I've seen on here, I tried really hard to figure out what you meant and realized you misspelled deficit, then laughed out loud.
Lmao! I never did figure it out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #84
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Tons of recipes online. It's the new rage so a ton of info available. I like that I can have avocados and bacon
It's not new. Just "rebranded" In my research, before I began, I found a diabetic cookbook from the early 20th century outlining this almost to the letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post

Every morning, I fill my 32oz Yeti cup:

20 oz coffee
2 tbsp organic unsalted butter (or ghee)
1 tbsp raw organic cacao powder
2 tbsp MCT oil
3 tbsp organic heavy whipping cream

Blend it all up with a hand blender in the cup, and it is delicious and creamy. I start drinking on it at 7:00 when I roll out of the house, and usually finish it up around 10:00 when I switch to water for the rest of the day. I don't eat anything until lunch time. If you just stir the ingredients with a spoon, it will separate into layers. You need a high speed blender to emulsify the ingredients.

Quote:

Do some searching on what "intermittent fasting" does for your body.

I've been doing this for a few months now, but I far too often fall off the wagon at supper time. I do really good all day, but at night I'm tired, and eat whatever food the rest of the family wants (there are nights I don't get home from my second job until after 9:00). My weight has stayed pretty even. When I do right, my blood sugar is much more under control, and my energy stays pretty even.

No excuses, I know what I need to do, I just need to get off my *** and get some more aerobic exercise. I also need to go to bed at a decent hour. Aside from when I was a teen, I've never been someone that stays in bed long. I usually operate on 4-6 hours of sleep, and I should be getting 7-8.
Gummi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #85
Strummer
Ten Point

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummi Bear View Post
It's not new. Just "rebranded" In my research, before I began, I found a diabetic cookbook from the early 20th century outlining this almost to the letter.

Every morning, I fill my 32oz Yeti cup:

20 oz coffee

2 tbsp organic unsalted butter (or ghee)

1 tbsp raw organic cacao powder

2 tbsp MCT oil

3 tbsp organic heavy whipping cream

Blend it all up with a hand blender in the cup, and it is delicious and creamy. I start drinking on it at 7:00 when I roll out of the house, and usually finish it up around 10:00 when I switch to water for the rest of the day. I don't eat anything until lunch time. If you just stir the ingredients with a spoon, it will separate into layers. You need a high speed blender to emulsify the ingredients.

Do some searching on what "intermittent fasting" does for your body.

I've been doing this for a few months now, but I far too often fall off the wagon at supper time. I do really good all day, but at night I'm tired, and eat whatever food the rest of the family wants (there are nights I don't get home from my second job until after 9:00). My weight has stayed pretty even. When I do right, my blood sugar is much more under control, and my energy stays pretty even.

No excuses, I know what I need to do, I just need to get off my *** and get some more aerobic exercise. I also need to go to bed at a decent hour. Aside from when I was a teen, I've never been someone that stays in bed long. I usually operate on 4-6 hours of sleep, and I should be getting 7-8.

What is mtc oil?

Strummer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 04:45 AM   #86
cpr1979
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pontotoc

Quote:

If it's not sustainable why was it created in the 1940's for children with epilepsy. It's been proven to reduce seizures in those patients. Also think how your great grandparents cooked. They are eggs, bacon and cooked with Lars and real butter and though cancer and such was around it wasn't in the numbers it is today

cpr1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 05:04 AM   #87
MisterSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Chambers, Bandera, Batson

I did this diet back in May of last year, and stopped in August. I went from 207 to 165, and went from around 20% bf to around 13%. I was never tired, didn't have the after lunch lull, never had a problem getting up @ 0300 for work. Sounds too good to be true right? Be careful with this diet. Turns out this diet can leave you malnutritioned, and lacking important minerals for your body to function. In June I noticed I started having heart palpitations, and decided to go see a cardiologist just to make sure nothing was wrong. I only had them when I was sitting still, when working out or working in the yard, they didn't exist. Turns out, they were heart arrhythmias, non-sustained tachycardia. They can be caused by insufficient electrolytes in your diet, very common on this diet. Also, this diet increases adrenaline in your blood stream, which leads to irregular heart beats and heart arrhythmias. Make sure you take a supplement, and pay close attention to what your body is telling you. Since, I've had a defibrillator implanted, and have talked with other people with defibrillators. Several people went into sudden cardiac arrest on this diet, and put them close to death. Do your research. I agree with panhandlehunter, this is not something you want to stay on forever. This is great to lose body fat, but I think your best option is to ease into a paleo diet. It's more sustainable, and you aren't holding out any important nutrition from your body. Good luck on your weight loss!
MisterSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 05:06 AM   #88
MisterSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Chambers, Bandera, Batson

If anyone wants some easy recipes for this diet, I have several I can help ya out with. This is a great diet to stay on for a month or so, even do carb cycling.
MisterSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #89
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iowa

Quote:
I know I'll never hit my ideal BMI-crap-weight of 155. I will target to get down to 175 if I am strong.
I believe the BMI stuff is BS as a rule. Our company does that as part of our fitness review annually. I'm fit and exercise daily with a BMI of 26 while the guy with a pear shape next to me has a BMI of 17. If I get to the weight chart I'd look like a holocaust victim.
IowaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #90
Target-panic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas, Missouri, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Quote:

Ketosis and Starvation Mode are to separate things. Bulletproof Coffee is not just coffee. Look it up. I don't consider your comments a downer, just not well informed.
I agree that one should not necessarily stay in ketosis for the rest of their days. But if it means that I am not carrying around 80-100 extra lbs and I can cut back or eliminate regulatory meds, then sign me up. Reintroducing some of the foods that kill the ketosis will be essential to the maintenance mode of the dramatic results of the Keto way of eating.

Target-panic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #91
bearintex
Ten Point

Hunt In: 20 minutes from the house!

Lost about 40 pounds so far, another 40 to go doing the Keto, atkins, low carb high fat, whatever you want to call it eating lifestyle. Started early last summer after a river trip and I couldn't climb back on the raft.

Had an excellent chicken alfredo last night in fact.
bearintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 AM   #92
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

Quote:
What is mtc oil?

MCT is medium chain triglycerides

It is an extract made from palm or coconut oil

This is an easily understandable explanation https://wellnessmama.com/98671/mct-oil-benefits/

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln
Gummi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #93
aggieman08
Six Point

This diet will make your breath horrible!
aggieman08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #94
Felix40
Ten Point

Great way to lose weight but its not something I would want to be doing forever. Its not a good way to get the best performance out of your body. Longterm its better to use intermittent fasting to go ketogenic from time to time but still using glycogen for a fuel source at the gym etc. Your body can be trained to go from one metabolic pathway to another. You will without a doubt perform and feel better at the gym when using glycogen. You will also perform better in endurance activities if your body is good at going ketogenic and using fat. There are easy ways to test yourself to tell if you can efficiently use fat.

Everyone tends to get on a fad and go waaaay to far to one side. Use a ketogenic diet to lose weight but dont be afraid to balance out your diet once the weight is off.
Felix40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #95
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country & East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHunter View Post
I believe the BMI stuff is BS as a rule. Our company does that as part of our fitness review annually. I'm fit and exercise daily with a BMI of 26 while the guy with a pear shape next to me has a BMI of 17. If I get to the weight chart I'd look like a holocaust victim.
Yep, it is a flawed marker.

And I forgot to reply to your PM (was on vacation.) I am out of canned Javi. I do have canned Axis though.

SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #96
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country & East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieman08 View Post
This diet will make your breath horrible!
Gotta be the #1 reason couples do it together

SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #97
chongo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collin & Sonora Counties

Quote:

Wrong. I'm a T2 diabetic. I'm on a Keto diet. My glucose numbers are better than ever, my cholesterol is great and I'm not on any medications. This is all a result of going keto. My dr. had me on Kombiglyze and wanted me to start taking lipitor. I'm down around 20# with a few more to go. Keto doesn't cause diabetes, it's a treatment for it, T2 at least. It is also a lifestyle change, not a fad diet.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #98
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Wrong. I'm a T2 diabetic. I'm on a Keto diet. My glucose numbers are better than ever, my cholesterol is great and I'm not on any medications. This is all a result of going keto. My dr. had me on Kombiglyze and wanted me to start taking lipitor. I'm down around 20# with a few more to go. Keto doesn't cause diabetes, it's a treatment for it, T2 at least. It is also a lifestyle change, not a fad diet.

Any low carb diet will help manage type 2 diabetes. Honestly, there are better way to diet than this.

Last edited by panhandlehunter; 03-21-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #99
chongo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collin & Sonora Counties

Quote:
Any low carb diet will help manage type 2 diabetes. Honestly, there are better way to diet than this.
For your body, maybe. Honestly, for my body, this is the best change in my diet I've ever made. There are plenty who have used a keto/LCHF diet successfully for years, athletes too. It works for me and a number of other diabetics/athletes I know. I sleep better, wake up more refreshed, have better workouts, no mid-day crash and am in a better mood with exemplary blood work.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #100
cpr1979
Ten Point

Hunt In: Pontotoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
For your body, maybe. Honestly, for my body, this is the best change in my diet I've ever made. There are plenty who have used a keto/LCHF diet successfully for years, athletes too. It works for me and a number of other diabetics/athletes I know. I sleep better, wake up more refreshed, have better workouts, no mid-day crash and am in a better mood with exemplary blood work.

Me as well. Also my blood pressure went from 140's/95+ to 116ish/85 in a matter of a month

cpr1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top