Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 03-16-2017, 06:42 PM   #51
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas276 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0LaeRiQl8E

For those of us not on the facebook...
Thank you for the link. It provided for a better link afterward with a bit more footage. I wonder if the brown Ford P/U that passed by the windows just before was somehow involved.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 01:30 AM   #52
rosco11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
YouTube channel called Active Self Protection has videos like this all the time. He goes through and talks about lessons to be learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This^^^ I've watched every single one of his videos.. lots of great learning from his commentary and the vids. Don't ever go to a convenient store in Brazil, they all get robbed at gunpoint it seems..lol. jk jk
rosco11 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #53
Biggs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco11 View Post
This^^^ I've watched every single one of his videos.. lots of great learning from his commentary and the vids. Don't ever go to a convenient store in Brazil, they all get robbed at gunpoint it seems..lol. jk jk

No kidding! All those car jackings too! Crazy third world crap.

I just hope if I ever have to use the lessons, that I can remember important things in the heatofthemoment.

Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #54
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffer View Post
Really? You think they will be able to find a lawyer to take their case? (sarcasm intended).

On another note--was the guard wise to follow up the perp? I think he should have gotten the tellers as far away as possible and let the LEOs take care of disarming him. Could have been a different outcome if the perp had been alive and shot the guard.
Neutralize the threat. If the criminal has a gun by him, even while laying on the ground after being ventilated by bullets, I am getting the gun away from him so he can't have one last chance to fire off another round at me.

I do like how the write up under the video it said that wall the security guard was behind was not adequate protection. I don't know for a fact at this specific location, but those walls between tellers and customers are typically built to withstand bullets. Heavy wood at minimum, and the one bank we did, had CMU walls there. Specifically for this scenario.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #55
HARDWAY78
Six Point

Hunt In: Anywhere & everywhere

That done got done real quick
HARDWAY78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #56
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

So fast the bad guy only had time to "stop,drop and roll." That only helps when you're on fire. Not so much when you're being fired upon. He should have just dropped and stopped right from the get go instead of in the doorway.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #57
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas276 View Post

For those of us not on the facebook...

Thank you

savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #58
d1rich1
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
I was involved in 4 over my 30 years as a police officer 2 of my own and 2 as the cover officer and yes they happen quickly, I learned from the first one we are reactionary to the suspects action, suspect got off first shot. so be ready, be accurate and come to work with your head screwed on straight cause you never know when it will happen, 2 weeks after my first one I was involved in another one. then 2 years later another all in July{ first 3} the last one was with my now wife on the other end of the mic as our dispatcher she was a wreck afterwards but handled it like a champ on the air. I tell all my brother L.E.O.'S shoot straight shoot fast and react don't think, learn to be an instinctive shooter and not worry about X's on a paper target, when that first round goes off no matter who lets it off remember O.O.D.A. LOOP

Crazy story w your wife being the dispatcher. Lots of guts to go back after 2 weeks of shootings!!
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #59
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

That's what my dad told me he was still on the dept as was my older brother. But he also said you know what to expect no gratitude ,low pay, odd hours, hard family life,so are you sure you want to do this?

coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #60
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

I wonder if the guard got hit, he stumbles back and then proceeds forward. There is a small spot on the floor were he was( may be blood)that is not there when it began. Plus he walks a little funny when he goes toward the door after its done. But **** he didn't mess around, he is a hero in my book.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #61
Ruark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere close by

This is why a lot of people say you'll forget all that stuff like stance, grip, trigger pull, sights, etc. in a situation like this. It will just instantly, violently, suddenly blow up in your face: "hey Bob, what's the... BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!!! and it's over in 2 seconds.

You will get tunnel vision. Your brain will stop working. You will be functionally deaf. You will stop breathing. Your body will stiffen (that's why the guard "stumbled").

What you WILL do in this situation is whatever, if anything, you trained yourself to do instantly, automatically, without thinking.

I knew one combat instructor who drew and dry-fired 50 times every single morning, to where he could whip out his Sig 226 and pop 4 rounds in about 1 second, running on pure reflexes, for this specific reason.

Last edited by Ruark; 03-19-2017 at 08:07 PM..
Ruark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #62
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

I've always found "3-5 shots at 3-7 feet in 3-5 seconds" to be pretty accurate.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #63
Biggs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I've always found "3-5 shots at 3-7 feet in 3-5 seconds" to be pretty accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_l-fVxU8e4

That is a great explanation.
Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top