Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default North Korea

So whats your take on the current situation? Sure seems to be stirring more than usual in that region. Do you think there will be a pre-emptive strike?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

I really hope not. We can't afford another Theater of war, especially since our military is specifically equipped for fighting in the sandbox.

Send that midget a boat of rice and he will shut up. He is just testing the limits, like a little kid to see what the world will let him get away with.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

I think next time and every time they start staging a missile just blow it up on the ground. Same with Iran. No troops, no Airforce, just launch something from S Korea and be done with it.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

China will take care of the little fat dough boy.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Not pretty. Hopefully we can figure out how to neutralize this dingbat quickly.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
mjbtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Nebraska, Missouri

i know this might sound like "aid or comfort" but I wonder if we dropped a ton of rice, food, candy, books, flyers and internet streaming computers to let them eat, learn and take care of the rebellion themselves.
mjbtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtexas View Post
i know this might sound like "aid or comfort" but I wonder if we dropped a ton of rice, food, candy, books, flyers and internet streaming computers to let them eat, learn and take care of the rebellion themselves.
That little idiot would shoot it out of the sky and use his regime run media to show the NK people he saved them from an attack.

Besides I wonder what their literacy rate is and computers are no good if you don't know how to turn one on and your dictator controls the internet

I like J Sweets plan. Blow their test missiles up on the launch pad
Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Actually there is limited service to internet/cell phones. There are ex-pats of North Korea streaming constantly back into the country showing them a better life. The other items you listed would not hurt my feelings but the stranglehold of the military on the peasant population (which is the target for those items) is incredible.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Bless your heart (not being an *** hole)

We have been for decades (minus internet and computers). It has the opposite affect then what you are hoping for. They are less likely to rebel against their govt when we supplement whats missing.

Last edited by J Sweet; 03-17-2017 at 11:09 AM..
Old 03-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #10
Playa
Pope & Young

Old 03-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #11
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post

We have been for decades (minus internet and computers). It has the opposite affect then what you are hoping for. They are less likely to rebel against their govt when we supplement whats missing.
I will take US Citizen Welfare Program for $1000, Alex!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #12
tps7742
Ten Point

I use to work with some of these gentlemen that fought the "forgotten war". I definitely agree something needs to be done to this little guy but I don't think it's as easy as dropping a few bombs. Due to the allies of the north and South Korea if we bomb it this could blow up in our face as a nation if the right choices to deal with them aren't made.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #13
mjbtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Nebraska, Missouri

Quote:

i know i know. I'm just getting tired of the US fighting wars...I wish it could be non violent and internal like Otpour! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otpor!
mjbtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #14
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
i know i know. I'm just getting tired of the US fighting wars...I wish it could be non violent and internal like Otpour! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otpor!
Im with you on that. What I propose wouldn't be war. It would be a small strategic strike just big enough to destroy a missile on the ground every time they armed, aimed or positioned a ballistic missile. Much like a kid building a sandcastle too close to the surf. Every time its done a wave would instantly knock it down. No nation building, no removing of dictatorships, just a small surgical excise.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #15
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

time to tell China to get their dog on a leash, and a short one or we're going to shoot it.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #16
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, Beaufort county NC

Forget Iran. This is where the biggest nuclear threat is. If they ever figure out how to make a rocket that will reach the US don't think that little crazy guy over there won't load one up and send it our way.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #17
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

The world is in a hell of a mess! We surely do need to try to nullify the little midget, but he's just crazy enough to nuke South Korea if we shoot one if his missiles. Heck, we could even shoot it down out of the air. Maybe we could make him believe it just failed and blew up on its own...

He's just plain crazy. It's that simple, and that's what makes him so very dangerous...
The Middle East is about to blow a gasket too, and it's fed by religious fanatics that have no self worth or value for life they are so brainwashed...

It's next to impossible for us to deal with any of these folks rationally, even militarily. They are so unpredictible, they could cause us and more likely our real allies all kinds of grief, and we are just not ready for that yet... not sure if we will ever be, but President Trumps idea of making us the preeminent world power even more so than we are now will help this situation some. If they know our president will in fact let our fighting men/women do their jobs and they know we indeed can and are willing to vaporize them, they will think long and hard before they do any real strikes...

Like I said, our world today is in a hell of a mess, literally!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #18
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Take out the leader of NK and his henchman and the world will be screaming for us to feed their whole country

Last edited by Chew; 03-17-2017 at 05:42 PM..
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #19
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Take out the leader of NKand his henchman and the world will be screaming for us to feed their whole country

Not just that but someone even more dangerous might take his place
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #20
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
Not just that but someone even more dangerous might take his place
Are you saying it might resemble the Middle East after the fall of Hussein?

China would swoop right in. Besides the Chinese people are getting greedy now, they need a fresh population of sweat shop workers
Old 03-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #21
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Are you saying it might resemble the Middle East after the fall of Hussein?

China would swoop right in. Besides the Chinese people are getting greedy now, they need a fresh population of sweat shop workers
China wants nothing to do with that refugee issue. That's a horrible situation for them.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #22
J Sweet
Pope & Young

No removing regimes or nation building anymore. Slap the **** out of them and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #23
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
No removing regimes or nation building anymore. Slap the **** out of them and move on.

You're assuming that they wouldn't respond to South Korea at all. It's a gamble that we or China are not willing to take.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #24
Chew
Pope & Young

I was on the sk /nk border for a while when i was in the Marines. The tension was palpable with soldiers staring at each other through binos. Its a mess any way you look at it. I wish the north koreans would revolt but they dont know anything else and probably dont have the infastructure to make it work as a viable free nation
Old 03-18-2017, 12:41 AM   #25
Man
Pope & Young

On April 9th I will be standing on the border of north and south korea. My goal is to hurl a rock across the border. If MAN never post again on tbh after that you know it all went wrong and stuff happened. ...tell people my story.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #26
Chew
Pope & Young

Go with God young MAN. May the wind be at your back, may your stone feel weightless and never touch the ground, and may your rotator cuff allow you to make such a senseless motion.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:18 AM   #27
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

If we were to blow up their missiles that little
Puggy fart will likely send troops into the south, he is also likely to launch all he has at the south and Japan. There would be a war like we have not seen since Vietnam.
There is no simple fix for this situation
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #28
Chad_E
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado Co.

From what I have read, SK wouldn't want the NK land or population even if it was given to them. NK is living in such poverty and illiteracy brought on by generations of the ruling family this country is not even on par with 3rd world countries. Only the city Pyongyang is said to really be developed like the average city. Generation after generation of its citizens have been brainwashed by state media, work camps and violence. Removing the leaders without a massive rebuilding effort would be devastating to this population who does not know or have the backbone (because it has been beaten out of them) to stand on their own. For that same reason, hoping for an internal rebellion is futile. NK is truly in bad shape. For the most part, IMO, the world has turned a blind eye to NK because no one wants to be on the hook for rebuilding/saving their population.
Chad_E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #29
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
You're assuming that they wouldn't respond to South Korea at all. It's a gamble that we or China are not willing to take.
My position is at when they are arming ICBMs with nukes, at that point its a gamble we will have to take.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #30
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
My position is at when they are arming ICBMs with nukes, at that point its a gamble we will have to take.
Your right, at some point, regardless of the consequence, something will need to be done.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #31
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

I'm curious at this point who the wire tap was on. Maybe we tapped the Russians lines, listening to all of their conversations, and the Russian ambassador called Flynn, in Trump Tower, and that's how they got the recording.

I don't like any of it, and I don't trust a single thing the previous administration said. And I don't believe hardly any of the mainstream media tells the whole truth either. I just wish we could return to true journalism. Actual, factual, backed up with evidence, news reporting.
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #32
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
I'm curious at this point who the wire tap was on. Maybe we tapped the Russians lines, listening to all of their conversations, and the Russian ambassador called Flynn, in Trump Tower, and that's how they got the recording.

I don't like any of it, and I don't trust a single thing the previous administration said. And I don't believe hardly any of the mainstream media tells the whole truth either. I just wish we could return to true journalism. Actual, factual, backed up with evidence, news reporting.
There is certainly no reason to believe ANYTHING the mainstream media says.
One should always assume its fake news and not even close to accurate.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #33
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Because we monitor things from Russia? Isn't that what we want the CIA doing?
Sure, i have problem with that
But, if while monitoring the russians an American is recorded the Americans voice is to be scrapped from the transcript, if it a felony to publish this information. Since we have a transcript of Flynn's conversation and he was in Trump tower when the conversation took place it stands to reason Trump tower was being monitored.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #34
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Sure, i have problem with that

But, if while monitoring the russians an American is recorded the Americans voice is to be scrapped from the transcript, if it a felony to publish this information. Since we have a transcript of Flynn's conversation and he was in Trump tower when the conversation took place it stands to reason Trump tower was being monitored.

That's interesting. I had no idea. I'm sure I could google it, but do you have an article about that?
Old 03-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #35
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
That's interesting. I had no idea. I'm sure I could google it, but do you have an article about that?
This is just 1
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/...ine-goes-viral
https://theintercept.com/2017/02/14/...fied-felonies/

Last edited by flywise; 03-21-2017 at 10:18 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #36
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Oh ok.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:34 PM   #37
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 AM   #38
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Hahaha, that's a good one. I love this meme.

"This is fine"
Old 03-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #39
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
No it has not
General Flynn's conversation with the russian ambassador was indeed recorded and he had thes conversations while in Trump tower.
Ny times and wasington post as well as others wrote MANY articles a out wire tapping......am i to assume the NY times and others published fake news?
Another good point I heard that was brought up very recently came from the NSA and FBI Directors hearing at the Capitol on Monday. Comey stated that there was an active investigation on Trump and Trump campaign officials for ties to Russia. It is safe to assume that this investigation didn't just start and certainly didn't start after Trump made his assertion that Trump Tower was being bugged. The Trump Campaign was run from Trump Tower. Its not a giant leap to come to the conclusion that Trump Tower was or still is under surveillance. It would be interesting to find out who ordered such an investigation and more importantly when. One would think it would have to be Obama, certainly Trump didn't order it on himself.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #40
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Another good point I heard that was brought up very recently came from the NSA and FBI Directors hearing at the Capitol on Monday. Comey stated that there was an active investigation on Trump and Trump campaign officials for ties to Russia. It is safe to assume that this investigation didn't just start and certainly didn't start after Trump made his assertion that Trump Tower was being bugged. The Trump Campaign was run from Trump Tower. Its not a giant leap to come to the conclusion that Trump Tower was or still is under surveillance. It would be interesting to find out who ordered such an investigation and more importantly when. One would think it would have to be Obama, certainly Trump didn't order it on himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBowHunter View Post
Lol, wow
Hmmmm
See the difference in these 2 post?
Old 03-22-2017, 09:49 AM   #41
Biggs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Dakota

Entertaining thread here!

Comey stated a probe was started in July '16 for links between Trump Team and Russia and that it is till ongoing. They haven't found anything in 8 months, nothing to find. Based on what Comey stated, it's not a stretch to see how a recording and thus a transcript was leaked... because of the probe.

Dough Boy is an interesting kid. Force feeds his military's programs while his residents starve.

Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #42
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/w...-sabotage.html
Old 03-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #43
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Does seem that the majority of their missiles fail/explode right at launch sequence, during launch or shortly after launch
Old 03-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #44
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Does seem that the majority of their missiles fail/explode right at launch sequence, during launch or shortly after launch
Had one explode today 5 sec after launch....
Old 03-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #45
Man
Pope & Young

Flywise...thanks for providing Xbowhunter with hours of successful trolling.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #46
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Japan said one went boom shortly after takeoff earlier today. I think they launch like 10 at a time to makeup for the duds in the bunch. Only takes 1 to find its target to do some hefty damage.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #47
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Flywise...thanks for providing Xbowhunter with hours of successful trolling.

Well I keep putting him on my ignore list, but then like a crack head I continue to seek my liberal fix

I really need help
Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #48
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Your assumptions are wrong.

I don't own a crossbow
This right here confirms for me your true intentions... Even your screen name is meant to cause jabs and create strife... You call yourself XBowHunter because most or at least many on here, and a lot who lean heavily conservative do not like the idea that crossbows are now classified as "archery equipment"...

The VAST majority of your posts are negatively written and serve their main purpose in continuing to stir the pot.

"What's in a name"... In your case there's a lot...

You sir are one of my chosen few who are now on my Ignore List. ...not that it would matter to you other than it will make it harder for you to push my particular button.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #49
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Some of you here put way too much thought into me, lol
I'll go out on a limb and say that exactly what your looking for.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #50
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
I say Trump is a habitual liar
So in the face of new facts he is still a liar?

You are nothing but a pot stirring troll.....

Name:  IMG_1274.GIF
Views: 554
Size:  142.3 KB