Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default Wiki Leaks Massive Dump

Wiki Leaks just dropped 8000 pages this morning of hacked CIA information regarding our governments spying on private citizens. Pretty crazy stuff.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Media will say....theres nothing really worth reporting in this dump.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Media will say....theres nothing really worth reporting in this dump.
Im sure they will, most of what I have seen so far shows Obama ramped up the spying to unprecedented levels.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Nah! Couldn't be that Trump is/was right.... That just couldn't be.

I swear Trump could cure cancer and Xbow, sirshovel, and other liberals would still not be able to say something positive about him.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Attached Images

Old 03-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Ironic
Old 03-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hondo,Tx / Oklahoma

still havent heard any specifics?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #8
ladrones
Pope & Young

https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks/
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #9
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
A bit ironic that the report specifically sites CIA hacking of twitter accounts, but then Wikileaks uses twitter to make the news of CIA hacks public!

Furthermore it's a pretty **** sad testament to the state of our socienty where "shadowy" un-identified hackers are more credence than our govt and public press. Good job guys, you both undermined your own credibility and have no one to blame but the reflection in the mirror

Last edited by Playa; 03-07-2017 at 12:17 PM..
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #10
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
A bit ironic that the report specifically sites CIA hacking of twitter accounts, but then Wikileaks uses twitter to make the news of CIA hacks public!

Furthermore it's a pretty **** sad testament to the state of our socienty where "shadowy" un-identified hackers are more credence than our govt and public press. Good job guys, you both undermined your own credibility and have no one to blame but the reflection in the mirror
Its a shame our government has shat all over the Bill of Rights and they have no one to blame but themselves. Sunlight is a beautiful thing. I don't consider Julia Assange a hero like some, far from it. But he is a useful person indeed.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #11
Clay C
Ten Point

It basically looks like all these theories on the CIA's capabilities to hack and track technology are true. There is even a part about them being able to hack into newer vehicles.

The most interesting tidbit I've seen so far is that they have the ability to essentially commandeer other peoples/countries virus/malware/spyware capabilities to launch hacks/attacks while leaving the signature or "fingerprint" as they are calling it of that country or hacker behind, essentially framing them.

Anyone see why this is relevant to current events?
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #12
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
Wow...keep them coming WIKI!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
Hocks & horns
Four Point

The government oversight committee which is supposed to be non-partisan is a joke. The Democrats use it as a political tool leaking info to help push there objective. The pretend to be concerned but don't really investing it. It's funny how they complain about wiki leaks but haven't stopped the leaks against Trump.
Hocks & horns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #14
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
It basically looks like all these theories on the CIA's capabilities to hack and track technology are true. There is even a part about them being able to hack into newer vehicles.

The most interesting tidbit I've seen so far is that they have the ability to essentially commandeer other peoples/countries virus/malware/spyware capabilities to launch hacks/attacks while leaving the signature or "fingerprint" as they are calling it of that country or hacker behind, essentially framing them.

AKA - Russia....
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #15
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
AKA - Russia....
Mindblowing
Old 03-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #16
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Mindblowing
I bet there are some folks in Washington making plans to vacate the country...
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #17
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

I am as concerned as anyone about privacy and the possibility of our spooks illegally spying on American citizens. However If the initial reports are to be believed, included in this dump are thousands of CIA documents on the methods they use to conduct cyber warfare. This will blow up numerous - very expensive - cyber programs used to battle our enemies including terrorist groups. The CIA operative who leaked this is a traitor pure and simple. If he/she thought the CIA was doing illegal stuff there are numerous channels that could have been used without tipping off our enemies.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #18
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I am as concerned as anyone about privacy and the possibility of our spooks illegally spying on American citizens. However If the initial reports are to be believed, included in this dump are thousands of CIA documents on the methods they use to conduct cyber warfare. This will blow up numerous - very expensive - cyber programs used to battle our enemies including terrorist groups. The CIA operative who leaked this is a traitor pure and simple. If he/she thought the CIA was doing illegal stuff there are numerous channels that could have been used without tipping off our enemies.

There are other ways, but those people keep dying in car crashes.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #19
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Your right Jerp and there is a fine line between Patriot and Treason.
I don't lik the ideaof our methods being out there and i hate the idea of my own gov. spying on Americans.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #20
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wikileaks says it was the 5000+ bureaucratic thugs that had these programs left open to hackers. Who is the enemy you are referring to?
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #21
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
There are other ways, but those people keep dying in car crashes.
And this is one theory I believe to be true.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #22
Hocks & horns
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Your right Jerp and there is a fine line between Patriot and Treason.
I don't lik the ideaof our methods being out there and i hate the idea of my own gov. spying on Americans.
Yeah they don't mind violating our rights with spying, but oh boy it's terrible that they want to check out the immigrants coming in from other countries, that's violating there constitutional rights.
Hocks & horns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #23
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Nothing will come it...outrage for a bit and then nothing....
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Nothing will come it...outrage for a bit and then nothing....
Exactly
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #25
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Haven't heard a single govt official come out and refute or deny a single thing Wikileaks reported about the CIA today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #26
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Haven't heard a single govt official come out and refute or deny a single thing Wikileaks reported about the CIA today.

Why would they feel they need to... oh look the Kardashians are on.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #27
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Default Wiki Leaks Massive Dump

Quote:
Why would they feel they need to... oh look the Kardashians are on.

They would if a word of it wasn't true. They're not even talking about Russia anymore either. Obamas spokesperson made an official statement about Trumps accusation this week, nothing today about the CIA leaks he is obviously the rubber stamp of.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #28
txfireguy2003
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Burnet Co.

Quote:
I'm normally the type to agree, chain of command, etc etc etc. The problem is, when you look to the top, the last link in that chain, and he's condoning illegal actions...... don't you think it's your duty to inform HIS boss (AKA the American people)? How does one go about alerting the people, of something this big, without winding up dead?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
txfireguy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 05:34 AM   #29
tps7742
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
I'm normally the type to agree, chain of command, etc etc etc. The problem is, when you look to the top, the last link in that chain, and he's condoning illegal actions...... don't you think it's your duty to inform HIS boss (AKA the American people)? How does one go about alerting the people, of something this big, without winding up dead?

Correct!!
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #30
XBowHunter
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Grayson/Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Nah! Couldn't be that Trump is/was right.... That just couldn't be.

I swear Trump could cure cancer and Xbow, sirshovel, and other liberals would still not be able to say something positive about him.

http://youtu.be/mUtT0b0EnSw

He loves WikiLeaks, even if it's exposing his own intelligence agencies.

Donald doesn't really think things through
XBowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #31
Maddox
Ten Point

Obviously it's not "his" intelligence agency since they keep leaking his private conversations. He has to rid the agencies of Obama's people and globalist as soon as possible. What these agencies are partaking in should be classified as Treason.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #32
Maddox
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfireguy2003 View Post

Agreed, we cannot cheer whistleblowers in the private sector while demonizing those in the public sector. Fact is, government has grown to large to control and with the polarizing opinions and globalist views those in power currently have, every day American citizens and populist have become just as much of the enemy to them as the Russians or ISIS. It's sad, but it's true, and it's something that the public needs thrust in their face in order to realize what is happening so they can ban together and change it. Otherwise, we will become a police state, like Russia, whom they all love to hate right now.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #33
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Obviously it's not "his" intelligence agency since they keep leaking his private conversations. He has to rid the agencies of Obama's people and globalist as soon as possible. What these agencies are partaking in should be classified as Treason.
The 2 key words. But nobody will ever be held accountable.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #34
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Agreed, we cannot cheer whistleblowers in the private sector while demonizing those in the public sector. Fact is, government has grown to large to control and with the polarizing opinions and globalist views those in power currently have, every day American citizens and populist have become just as much of the enemy to them as the Russians or ISIS. It's sad, but it's true, and it's something that the public needs thrust in their face in order to realize what is happening so they can ban together and change it. Otherwise, we will become a police state, like Russia, whom they all love to hate right now.
Unfortunately the majority of Americans would rather have security than freedom.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #35
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

Since at this point nobody other than the leakers knows exactly who is responsible, all manner of theories are flooding the internet. An interesting (if somewhat far-fetched) one I read today is the possibility that the Russians did it. To summarize the article, the reasoning is that the Ruskis are sick and tired of the CIA trying to use them as a way to undermine Trump. They obtained all these CIA documents through their hacking efforts and then released it as a way to discredit the American intelligence community and let them know they know all about the CIA hacking operations. One of the revelations in the file dump was that the CIA can disguise its own digital fingerprints as Russian ones making any hack job appear to be something the Russians did. This would allow the Russians to float the theory that the CIA has been blaming them for hack jobs they actually did themselves. Some will say the mere fact that all this stuff came through the very Russian-friendly Julian Assange lends credence to this argument. Far-fetched? Yes. Possible? Sure.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #36
flywise
Pope & Young

Wiki says these 8k pages are less than 1% of the documents they have reguarding the CIA
Old 03-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #37
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Since at this point nobody other than the leakers knows exactly who is responsible, all manner of theories are flooding the internet. An interesting (if somewhat far-fetched) one I read today is the possibility that the Russians did it. To summarize the article, the reasoning is that the Ruskis are sick and tired of the CIA trying to use them as a way to undermine Trump. They obtained all these CIA documents through their hacking efforts and then released it as a way to discredit the American intelligence community and let them know they know all about the CIA hacking operations. One of the revelations in the file dump was that the CIA can disguise its own digital fingerprints as Russian ones making any hack job appear to be something the Russians did. This would allow the Russians to float the theory that the CIA has been blaming them for hack jobs they actually did themselves. Some will say the mere fact that all this stuff came through the very Russian-friendly Julian Assange lends credence to this argument. Far-fetched? Yes. Possible? Sure.
Can I throw an argument out there....How far fetched is it that the Russian fingerprints were left there by the Obama administration as a tool to discredit Trumps presidency in the case that he actually won?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #38
XBowHunter
Banned!!!

Quote:
Unfortunately the majority of Americans would rather have security than freedom.

Agree
Old 03-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #39
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Can I throw an argument out there....How far fetched is it that the Russian fingerprints were left there by the Obama administration as a tool to discredit Trumps presidency in the case that he actually won?
I cannot imagine the Obama administration stooping so low...
Old 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #40
nddoublea77
Nubbin' Buck

whoa. mind blown
nddoublea77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2017, 10:44 PM   #41
Draco
Pope & Young

With all that spying on Trump and they still couldn't find any thing bad enough to keep him from getting elected.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #42
Clay C
Ten Point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #43
XBowHunter
Banned!!!

Quote:

Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #44
XBowHunter
Banned!!!

I'm just thinking out loud, I really don't think the patriot act was a good idea, but I never did
Old 03-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #45
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBowHunter View Post
I'm just thinking out loud, I really don't think the patriot act was a good idea, but I never did
Huge understatement.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #46
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:

Theories ?? I've thought it was fact since the early 2000's. How big is that rock you've been under??
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #47
Clay C
Ten Point