Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > 3D/Tournament
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
Bigdaddy
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TEXAS
Cool Indoor State roll call

Who's shooting this weekend. Expecting well over 400 shooters
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Davik
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

List of shooters on their website
Davik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
tazhunter0
Pope & Young
 
tazhunter0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wills Point
Hunt In: Anywhere I can!!!
Default

I'll be there but not shooting.
tazhunter0 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
Quackedup
Six Point
 
Quackedup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Abilene
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

I'm going to try it out. First indoor tourny for me was Lubbock III last weekend. There are still a few spots for State left last time I checked if anybody is still on the fence. See y'all out there.
Quackedup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #5
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackedup View Post
I'm going to try it out. First indoor tourny for me was Lubbock III last weekend. There are still a few spots for State left last time I checked if anybody is still on the fence. See y'all out there.
thought you had to shoot 3 qualifiers to shoot state?
JTeLarkin08 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Outback77
Pope & Young
 
Outback77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Azle
Hunt In: Azle, Caddo, Barksdale and anywhere I get invited
Default

My daughter is shooting. I'll be there cheering her on
Outback77 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
Quackedup
Six Point
 
Quackedup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Abilene
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
thought you had to shoot 3 qualifiers to shoot state?


You have to shoot three qualifiers to be in the overall awards. You can shoot state with no qualifiers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quackedup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackedup View Post
You have to shoot three qualifiers to be in the overall awards. You can shoot state with no qualifiers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Got ya.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTeLarkin08 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #9
Bigdaddy
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TEXAS
Default

see ya then
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #10
Pistol
Pope & Young
 
Pistol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Flint, TX
Hunt In: Outside
Default

Shooting it for fun and practice; I don't believe there is anyone in my class.
It's pretty much "I get to shoot my bow?? Heck yeah, I'm going!"
I shot a 300/ 57 X last night too!
Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2017, 09:29 AM   #11
ELKAHOLIC
Ten Point
 
ELKAHOLIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edgewood TX.
Hunt In: Where ever ELK live. Tom Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback77 View Post
My daughter is shooting. I'll be there cheering her on
Same here!
ELKAHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #12
Bigdaddy
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TEXAS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
Shooting it for fun and practice; I don't believe there is anyone in my class.
It's pretty much "I get to shoot my bow?? Heck yeah, I'm going!"
I shot a 300/ 57 X last night too!
Pistol you will like the building. good luck
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #13
r_u_sharp_2
Ten Point
 
r_u_sharp_2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Junction
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
thought you had to shoot 3 qualifiers to shoot state?
To clarify. Its two tournaments....

Day 1 of state finishes the SYWAT.. best 3 scorws from the SYWAT and the first day of the state shoot. You win a shadow box.

State.. best score from the two days. No qualifying needed. You win a buckle.
r_u_sharp_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
JTeLarkin08
Pope & Young
 
JTeLarkin08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Weatherford/Childress
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
To clarify. Its two tournaments....

Day 1 of state finishes the SYWAT.. best 3 scorws from the SYWAT and the first day of the state shoot. You win a shadow box.

State.. best score from the two days. No qualifying needed. You win a buckle.


Got ya. I wouldn't shoot 2 5 spot rounds in a weekend if someone paid me. #ihateindoor


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JTeLarkin08 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #15
Pistol
Pope & Young
 
Pistol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Flint, TX
Hunt In: Outside
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
To clarify. Its two tournaments....

Day 1 of state finishes the SYWAT.. best 3 scorws from the SYWAT and the first day of the state shoot. You win a shadow box.

State.. best score from the two days. No qualifying needed. You win a buckle.

Thank you for explaining this. We were there, and it wasn't until I saw your post that I understood how it worked.
Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #16
Miller
Eight Point
 
Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Fort McKavett, Laredo
Default

The two tournament thing is a little confusing until you have done it.

I was there watching my son compete. Cinnamon Creek should get a really big Thank You. They did an excellent job hosting the event. I can't imagine all that goes into pulling that off. They went above and beyond. It was nice that they posted videos, pictures and information on their Facebook page. It definitely helped us know when and where to go.

Indoor Archery may not be for everyone, but I can't imagine much more of a pressure situation than the State/ National Event. You are against the top competitors around the state, with a big audience watching your every shot.

All of you that shot, must have ice water in your veins. I had a lot of fun watching.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM   #17
Arrowsmith
OTD - Older than Dirt
 
Arrowsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Erath County and Davis County Iowa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
The two tournament thing is a little confusing until you have done it.

I was there watching my son compete. Cinnamon Creek should get a really big Thank You. They did an excellent job hosting the event. I can't imagine all that goes into pulling that off. They went above and beyond. It was nice that they posted videos, pictures and information on their Facebook page. It definitely helped us know when and where to go.

Indoor Archery may not be for everyone, but I can't imagine much more of a pressure situation than the State/ National Event. You are against the top competitors around the state, with a big audience watching your every shot.

All of you that shot, must have ice water in your veins. I had a lot of fun watching.
Here is the way it feels as described by a friend that is an accomplished pro archer. This describes the feeling when you are "on the line" at an indoor event very accurately.

"Its the most horrible, awesome, sickening, euphoric feeling in the world. Trust me my friend, every great shooter has these same feelings. The only difference is that they have shot with those feelings long enough that it is " normal" for them to feel that way, therefore it is part of their shot sequence".
Arrowsmith is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com