Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Rate the Day Lease

Old 01-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
dosrobles
Spike

Hunt In: Bertram
Default Tall Pines Exotics

Headed out Friday for our annual Round Rock football player pig slam weekend. We take a bunch of boys out every year. It has always been a great trip. I will let everyone know how this year goes!

A couple of pictures from past years.

Last edited by dosrobles; 01-17-2017 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Failure to put on pics
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
Black swarm
Banned!!!

Keith and his dad are great guys.
Black swarm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #3
dosrobles
Spike

Hunt In: Bertram

We made it to our hunt at Tall Pines last weekend. As always, the owners made us feel right at home. The accommodations were great, if not quite the Hyatt. Larry and Keith will feed you like a king. We took 4 HS athletes and they were never hungry. bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast.........just good stuff all around.

3 of the boys gun hunted and they all killed hogs. My son and I bow hunted and we never got a shot. Keith and Larry worked their tails off to help us, they will drive the pigs to you (I am not real comfortable with that) but we declined. Larry and I went and set up a pop up blind way back in the woods. He provided the blind, helped me brush it in, and corned it for me a couple of times before I hunted Sunday morning.

It was a great hunt, and hosted by great people. I would recommend the place to just about anyone. If there is any down side to it, it is that it is pretty small, and those pigs get a lot of pressure. Getting with-in 70 yards, no problem, bow shot is a different story. We have been there 6 times and the over all experience is definitely an A (for the pig hunting).
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
wanderin39
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tx, Ok, Wy

Watching
wanderin39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top