Kawasaki Bayou 250 fuel portions continued - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Bayou 250 fuel portions continued - please help

I have a Kawasaki Bayou 250. It continues to run like crap. I bought a new carb and cdi......all for naut.

It idles ok but when you push the throttle in all the way really quick it bogs down and dies.when I am riding it starts stuttering at mid throttle. Then if you start going uphill,N

How does your air filter look? Maybe not enough air flow.

Comment

Could also be fuel lines

Comment

check the spark plug boot

Comment

X2 on fuel lines. Had that Problem on ours and a new set fixed it right up. The bayous are great little machines. uncle made the comment the other day, if he were to buy our four wheelers all over again (3 Kawasaki 650s and a Yamaha) he'd buy all bayous due to what we'd have saved in maintenance and fuel

Comment

Air flow!!

If you have it snorkeled, check for obstructions.

My lovely son put a flash light down mine....... lol

Comment

Several things could be the issue. Carb could be jetted wrong, could have an air leak in one of the boots that holds the carb to the motor or air box. A weak fuel line that will collapse under pressure. The needle setting could be off.

Does it have the air mixture screw on the bottom? If so screw it all the way in then back it out 1.25 to 1.5 turns.

Comment

Also did you put the carb together, of was in new and assembled at factory?
                There are some small washers that go inside for the air flow screw and if they are left out it will bog mid throttle.

Comment

Our bayou was doing the same. Turned out to be bad gas. Drain all the fuel out of everything and put fresh gas in it and I bet it fixes your problem.

Comment

I have a Kawasaki Bayou 250. It continues to run terribly. I bought a new carb and cdi......all for naut.

It idles ok (not great) but when you push the throttle in all the way really quick it bogs down and dies.when I am riding it starts stuttering at mid throttle. Then if you start going uphill, it starts bogging down due to increase in throttle. I have looked and cannot find a fuel filter. I have messed with the air/fuel mixture screw and results are same at 3/4 1, 1.5 and 2 turns. I removed air filter and it still mass no difference. I am at a loss. I put new gas in as well.

Will make sure boots are tightened.

Carb is aftermarket and was assembled at aftermarket company. Previous carb was doing same thing.
                    Last edited by ted_kennedys_liver; 10-22-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Have a Yamaha Big Bear that was doing all that. Tried everything, still had problems. Finally pulled the gas tank and cleaned it real good - problem solved.

Comment

I am waiting on my clymer service book - how many fuel lines do you have going into carb?

Comment

Just talked to the carb company and they advised I. Need to use a richer her that they provided. Advised when I get on the throttle is letting too much air in so I will change the jet tonight.

Comment

I have a 1996 bayou 220 and it runs like a champ. Only problem I have had is mice got under my seat and chewed a lot of wires and had to tape it all back together. Anyone know where to buy parts for older 4 wheelers?

Comment

Originally posted by ted_kennedys_liver View Post
                              I have looked and cannot find a fuel filter.
                              Fuel filter should be in the bottom of the tank. Its just two screens. Its all one fitting in the tank. Fuel lines hook to the bottom, two screws to hold it to the tank, screens on the inside. If the old carb as gummed up, take apart the fuel valve and clean it. The one with run / off / reserve. They get the same gunk in them as carbs. The last prairie I worked on, the run side was completely clogged.

Comment

Working...
                              X