Wader suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wader suggestions?

Hey duck hunters and Wade fishermen... What is the go to wader brand for y'all? My old cheapies bit the dust

Do you want to buy once and cry once or no?

I'm too rough on my waders when duck hunting so I just buy the hybrid game winner ones from academy, they're 5mm neoprene waist down and breathable waders up top. When they leak, I'll take them to academy and they'll exchange them no questions asked.

As for wade fishing, I'm not walking through briars or bushes so I like the simms breathables. Expensive but buy once cry once. For those.

I would stay away from the Banded waders, they leak like a sieve. Personally I've had good luck with the stout waders from Rogers Sporting goods, the drake equwaders, and the game winners

Comment

Simms G4’s for fishing & hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
        Simms G4’s for fishing & hunting.
        I do the same - I agree buy once and cry once and Simms will replace them as well.

Comment

None finer than Gator Waders. A Texas company as well.

Comment

If you really want to cry buy Sitka waders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              If you really want to cry buy Sitka waders.
              Only worth buying them at pro staff prices, $1k for waders, suck my *****.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                Not sure I could afford them at pro staff prices.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  I felt the same way, but am rethinking it. Lifetime warranty and they will repair if they get torn. And if you ever need a new boot on them, send them back and they will put one on for $150.

Still a tough price, but I can see getting a pair one day.

Rogers has the 3 in 1 breathables on sale. I've been told once you go to breathables you won't wear anything else.

I'm wanting to do more hunting out of my kayak, so for now, going to stick with the neoprene. If I should fall out they will aid with the life jack in keeping me afloat.

Comment

Simms and be done with it yes they are pricey but you get what you for they stand behind their product and can also rebuild your old pair if you wear the socks out.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                      I felt the same way, but am rethinking it. Lifetime warranty and they will repair if they get torn. And if you ever need a new boot on them, send them back and they will put one on for $150.

Still a tough price, but I can see getting a pair one day.

Rogers has the 3 in 1 breathables on sale. I've been told once you go to breathables you won't wear anything else.

I'm wanting to do more hunting out of my kayak, so for now, going to stick with the neoprene. If I should fall out they will aid with the life jack in keeping me afloat.

I'm in the same boat, I have a brand new pair of the Gamewinner hybrids for this season, once they start leaking, I'll get my buddy that's a guide to order me a pair of the zip up sitka waders. Hes already put his pair through the paces and said hes extremely happy with how they're holding up and we all know how guides are on their gear.

Honestly breathables are all I would wear if I didnt have gigantic calves. Every wader I've worn doesnt allow me enough room to layer up underneath them so I have to wear neoprene waders in the winter to keep from freezing.

Comment

Been through many brands and styles of wader. From cheap to expensive they can all get snagged and start leaking with a hook, trout/flounder teeth, brush, or nail from a duck blind. What is most important other than cost, or at least as important to me is fit. Waders that are too bulky or the foot stocking may be too big or too snug can ruin your excursion. Try on as many as you can before deciding, then when you find one that most closely fits the budget and your body then buy. The 3 brands that fit me best are frogg togg, hodgeman, and Simms. For the price I can buy 2-3 pairs of hodgeman that will last about 2-3 years each for the same price as one pair of middle grade Simms, so...I fish with hodgeman now.

Comment

I always used the game winners but got some stout drake waders last season and they are by far the best waders I've had. They fit awesome being a big guy. But I never had an issue really with the game winners for the price just the fit for me never was the best

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Frogg togg hellbenders

Comment

I bought a pair of waders from Sierra Trading Post a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X