Cabo Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabo Money

So the soon to be wife and I (Wedding on Saturday) are heading to Cabo on Sunday morning for a week. My question is how much cash to take?? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!! And before I get the question I have attached a picture.. Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files

If you're staying at all-inclusive resort, you shouldn't need much...tips and souvenirs.

If its not, you'll need to take out a second mortgage. We love Cabo, but meals and activities are priced similarly to the US.

Comment

and one more
      Attached Files

Comment

We are staying at the Hyatt Ziva, all inclusive...

Comment

Forgot to mention, that's a beautiful family.

Comment

Thank you Honker, pretty proud of them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
              If you're staying at all-inclusive resort, you shouldn't need much...tips and souvenirs.

If its not, you'll need to take out a second mortgage. We love Cabo, but meals and activities are priced similarly to the US.
              This.

Going for the second time in 3 weeks. All inclusive again. Depending on how far out of town you are think about taxi to and from. Last time a van from Pueblo Bonito to town was 30 bucks one way for 4 people.

Also make your your transfer from the airport to the resort is booked BEFORE you land in Cabo. I was ready to fly my rear back to texas in about 3.3 seconds last trip after all the haggle BS at the airport

Comment

Thanks Quackerbox, we have the shuttle booked from Airport to resort.

Comment

I went awhile back and stayed all inclusive and brought 1k cash and brought back $600. But now I just use a credit card now and it does the exchange rate and all for you and only bring 200-300 cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Also make your your transfer from the airport to the resort is booked BEFORE you land in Cabo.
                    Good advice on securing your transport beforehand.

We've heard good things about the Hyatt. Its close to the airport and about 30 minutes from downtown Cabo. One day of walking around the downtown shops and marina was enough for us.

If you head down into the chaos, there's a great little Italian restaurant called Restaurante Salvatore's...big portion...small prices.

And if you fish one day, I recommend Redrum Sportfishing...good folks...all ex-pats.

Comment

Thank you blntrey3, Do I need to notify my bank if we plan on using our cards?

Comment

Originally posted by STONE View Post
                        Thank you blntrey3, Do I need to notify my bank if we plan on using our cards?
                        Mine allows that online but its a good idea. I do it when traveling out of state also. Keeps from the awkward moment to call the bank to have your card turned back on

Comment

yes u do just got back frm ireland and scottland i called all my bank cards & credit cards in /if they c an overseas transanction they might freeze ur card

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                            I went awhile back and stayed all inclusive and brought 1k cash and brought back $600. But now I just use a credit card now and it does the exchange rate and all for you and only bring 200-300 cash.
                            A credit card will give a much better exchange rate than just using US dollars. I watched every charge closely on my Discover and was surprised at how much I saved. I did use US dollars in the market but I know I got sc**ed.

Comment

We used funloscabos for our airport transfer, they are an agent for transcabo. Get on tripadvisor forum for Los Cabos and get tons of info.

Comment

Working...
                              X