Burning & hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning & hunting

Does smoke bother deer? I’ve got friend that’s burning a huge brush pile, been burning since yesterday. Hunted this morning & nothing!! This evening, nothing!! In my area they usually move pretty heavy in the evenings but not today. Smells a little bit like smoke in my area but not bad.

Lot of people will say it's the best cover scent. Deer are used to it.

Comment

Smokes not the problem, the acorns are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not the burning

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Lot of people will say it's the best cover scent. Deer are used to it.

My son and I got "smoked" before this evenings hunt and had 2 old smart does 15 yards from us with a not so perfect wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            Smokes not the problem, the acorns are.

Yeah I thought so. But I was just wondering. I’m in a oak flat & usually heavy activity in the evenings. Well another day to just sit & enjoy woods.

Comment

I burned 2 piles within 30 yards of my feeder last weekend after the morning hunt. I had deer all over me the rest of the weekend.
              Attached Files

Comment

You should just get a vap machine �� lots of people burn in the blind . In my 20’s and 30’s I would burn in a blind all the time lol
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-06-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

[emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100]

Comment

Something serious tho. This makes me want to scout the units they burned last year.

Comment

Smking your hunting clothes is better than any crap you can buy. It will kill any ofor causing bacteria but will not completely eliminate your scent. Research tge use of smoke as a cover or a dcent eliminator.

Comment

Glad to see you're back at it! Enjoyed the pics of y'alls vacation that your kids shared on FB, now I'm ready to see some LDP's of the beast you're after

Comment

Acorns on ground where I live, is the reason I saw no deer yesterday. I doubt the burning brushpile had much to do with your lack of deer traffic. There us a tin of natural food sources available currently. Activity have been slowed to snails pace. It happens almost like clockwork each year. Then picks back up early Nov. Good luck to you, hope it improve faster rather than slower.

Comment

Working...
                          X