Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat or oats?

If you had to pick one over the other which would you choose

I plant a mixture of both. But imo deer like the wheat a little better. They're plenty cheap.

Comment

Deer love both but a 50 bag of wheat gives you probably 2 times the amount of seed or better. I plant wheat if I can find it..

Comment

Wheat

Comment

Bfo

Comment

Goat roper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bfo

Comment

We planted oats for about 10 years in a row. We planted wheat the next year and the deer never even came in the field. So.... we are back to oats now.

Comment

In my experience deer prefer oats but if there is only wheat the deer will come. Oats stay tender longer in the spring. Wheat gets stemier (is that a word) sooner.

Comment

Wheat almost always does well. I’ve never had much luck with oats but I guess it depends where you are at.

Comment

I planted bfo and wheat last year, just to see what the deer preferred. They kept the wheat eaten down like a putting green. Very seldom saw them in the bfo.

Comment

Does wheat do better in the colder climates?
                        I plant both and they all get eaten during the late winter.

Comment

Wheat, deer typically are eager to feed on it and it will survive much colder temperatures than oats.

Comment

Buck Forage oats way better than bob oats or seed oats

Comment

I’m doin 3 acres oats wheat an crimson clover ����

Comment

Working...
                              X