Viking Archery “Antique”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking Archery “Antique”

Dad and I were rummaging through his old bow stuff the other day. The man still hunts with a Q2 with a flipper rest and fat, aluminum arrows so when I say “old”, I mean OLD.

At one point, he chuckled and said “Here. Please take this off my hands.”

From what I can tell, it’s got a machined riser with sights built in as well as wooden limbs. He says it was a big deal when it came out. After asking around (all he could remember was “shop on 59 in S Hou”), we’ve settled on Viking as the manufacturer. Apparently they’re still open so I may take it in one day just for grins. But in the meantime, anybody have any info? From what I can tell, the bow is as old as I am!

TIA!

If there’s something else you’d like a better pic of, let me know and I’ll add it real quick. Let’s hear it!

-Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    Dad and I were rummaging through his old bow stuff the other day. The man still hunts with a Q2 with a flipper rest and fat, aluminum arrows so when I say “old”, I mean OLD.

At one point, he chuckled and said “Here. Please take this off my hands.”

From what I can tell, it’s got a machined riser with sights built in as well as wooden limbs. He says it was a big deal when it came out. After asking around (all he could remember was “shop on 59 in S Hou”), we’ve settled on Viking as the manufacturer. Apparently they’re still open so I may take it in one day just for grins. But in the meantime, anybody have any info? From what I can tell, the bow is as old as I am!

TIA!

If there’s something else you’d like a better pic of, let me know and I’ll add it real quick. Let’s hear it!

-Tim

I shot that exact same bow for years. It's from around 1994., Smooth shooting! Most fks couldn't get along with the old man but I got along fine with him. O

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
      I shot that exact same bow for years. It's from around 1994., Smooth shooting! Most fks couldn't get along with the old man but I got along fine with him. O

He did say he couldn’t shoot it for **** Lol

Comment

Viking did not manufacture any bows but sold a boat load of them during the renaissance of compound bows. The shop is gone from what I understood. I think the son opened a place in the hill country. I went their twice as a college student in the mid 80's...……….NEVER went back. IF there was a poster child for POOR CUSTOMER service that place was an Academy Award Winner!!!!

Comment

Hard to believe Viking archery was in business for as long as they were. The old man was a ****. Horrible customer service.

Comment

I as in there years ago, but never dealt with old man (I wasny in buying anything). However, getting crummy customer service from the old man seems like a passage of right amongst Houston archers. I feel like I missed out! Hey, at least I did see many events in the Dome!

Comment

Wow! Thanks guys. I heard that the son, the long-haired hippyish guy, could turn you an AWESOME custom, wood grip while you waited. Too bad about the CS... Guess it runs in the family.

At any rate, any idea as to the manufacturer?

Comment

One of the employees works at West Houston Archery and could likely tell you more about the bow and the shop. I believe his name is Rick.

I went in there a few times and never had an issue but did see him show his rear end a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  One of the employees works at West Houston Archery and could likely tell you more about the bow and the shop. I believe his name is Rick.

I went in there a few times and never had an issue but did see him show his rear end a couple of times.

May have to stop in. I owe Glenn a visit anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Viking did not manufacture any bows but sold a boat load of them during the renaissance of compound bows. The shop is gone from what I understood. I think the son opened a place in the hill country. I went their twice as a college student in the mid 80's...……….NEVER went back. IF there was a poster child for POOR CUSTOMER service that place was an Academy Award Winner!!!!
                    Viking actually did manufacture bows back in the early 90's. I still have one today. The son Scott still has a few he keeps as collector items.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      The father, Tim, moved to the hill courntry and opened the shop there.

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                        Viking actually did manufacture bows back in the early 90's. I still have one today. The son Scott still has a few he keeps as collector items.
                        They absolutely did. I shot 3d for them and that was the exact bow I shot. It was their second generation bow. Previous one had wood limbs.

Comment

Those bows were ahead of the times back in the day. They were awesome compared to what was out there. Still have a couple of their target bows

Comment

Hmm was gonna say reminds me of the old hoyt my dad picked up for me a when i started wanting to get into bow hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                              Interesting, I can believe they would try that. As noted, last time I stepped in that place was 85! Looks Hoyt-ish!

Comment

Working...
                              X