Axis hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis hunt

If you wanted a first class 3-4 day hunt for a nice Axis buck, where would you go and what would you expect to pay for the accommodations, kill fee and tips?

i've been wanting to go to Diamond C real bad!!!!

Comment

45er if you search axis hunt on this forum you will get a lot of solid info. To point you in a starting direction, diamond c, quatro b, crystal creek, koons, baker 3 are some of the ranches you will see. 2 day you are looking at $700/bow no guarantee, from there you can go north to more than $3K

Comment

We offer exotic deer and antelope hunts near Gonzales, Texas for axis deer, blackbuck antelope, fallow deer, barasingha deer, scimitar-horned oryx, whitetail deer, Texas Dall rams, Black Hawaiian rams, Corsican rams, and Painted Desert rams. Our hunts are year-around bow hunting for top quality exotic hunts near Houston, San Antonio, or Austin, Texas.

Give Curtis a shout. I've never had anyone work as hard to get what I'm looking for.

Comment

Just got back from the diamond c. Lots of nice axis deer. 950 for two days. The problem with the axis at the diamond c is they would come in at 30 at a time. Hard to got a shot off with out a possiblely wounding a second animal.

Comment

2500 for a high gold. Sci not roe.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
              2500 for a high gold. Sci not roe.
              I agree with this price point for a first class hunt. You can get more expensive than this, but $2500 is the round about rate for lodging, food, kill fee, etc.

Comment

I think some of the figures are kind of low. For a true first class hunt on a place with outstanding trophies and 5 star lodging I would expect around $2200-$3500 for a first class hunt for an axis 33" or better. And that could be for the animal alone but it just depends on the ranch. Every ranch is a little different in how they price what they offer so I would say about $150-$200 a day guide fee on top of that and then looking at 10% tip or better on top of that. Some ranches include the meals with the price of the guide fee and some included it all in one simple price that you know what your paying before you pull the trigger. It just depends on your expectations and what the ranch includes for the price.
                Last edited by Curtis32; 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Sorry to thread jack, but when you go to these ranches and hunt, how do you hunt? Is it under a feeder, spot and stalk, or at a waterhole/trail?

Comment

Yes, Yes, and Yes.
                    Also hunted them over alfalfa hay bale scattered out on the ground, edges of fields, and food plots.
                    That is also a question one needs to inquire with the particular ranch that they are planning on going to hunt. Some do not hunt over feeders. Some will not allow spot and stalk. Some will do everything necessary to get you your shot opportunity on the animal that you need, even if its inviting you back one more time to try again, and others will not.

Comment

I charge $2450 for axis at our ranch in Clarendon. That includes meals, drinks, lodging, guide, game care and fishing. All you do is show up and hunt. We can hunt anyway you want to, but for a bowhunt, sitting in the blinds is the best bet.

Comment

I have been to diamond C and seen some great axis and real nice lodging. I have checked into J-J Ranch for several things and it looks like he runs a great ranch also and I'm really wanting to go there at some point.

Comment

If you want a good hunt with a sponsor here on the forum I recommend Big Oak Bowhunting. Marty is a great guy and he is a great bow hunter that knows exactly what you need to get on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis32 View Post
                            If you want a good hunt with a sponsor here on the forum I recommend Big Oak Bowhunting. Marty is a great guy and he is a great bow hunter that knows exactly what you need to get on the game.
                            I saw 4 axis there that would go 32-24", serious monsters. I think his hunt cost is around $ 2200.00. Would highly recomment Big Oak Bowhunting, Marty will treat you right.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              http://www.doublearrowbowhunting.com/
                              Give Curtis a shout. I've never had anyone work as hard to get what I'm looking for.
                              i second that

Comment

Working...
                              X