No announcement yet.

For the mountain bike guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ride at Reveille Peak outside of Burnet? Rode there Saturday morning and it was awesome. Lot's of nice views. Also rode the North side of lake Georgetown Monday evening. Good ride but it's pretty rough. Not as bad as the South side though.

Comment

Who are the DFW riders?

Comment

Dang it...you guys are spending my money quicker then I make it. I'm in the DFW area...but currently without wheels. I plan on changing that very soon, and would love to ride with you guys. Maybe a tbh PDC trip!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
          Who are the DFW riders?
          I need to get on some trails and I am in the DFW area

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            I need to get on some trails and I am in the DFW area
            We ride rowlett creek park multipiple times a week if you want to join

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
              Anybody ride at Reveille Peak outside of Burnet? Rode there Saturday morning and it was awesome. Lot's of nice views. Also rode the North side of lake Georgetown Monday evening. Good ride but it's pretty rough. Not as bad as the South side though.
              I've raced at Reveille Peak. Great place to ride! The lake also has some good fishing as well. Definitely recommend getting out there (though it can be a little pricey but it's worth it)!

Comment

I will have two starter bikes for sale when I get home. I have a 1995 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp with full XT 18", and a fully loaded Yeti ARC in 18". Good prices on both and they ride like a wet dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                  I will have two starter bikes for sale when I get home. I have a 1995 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp with full XT 18", and a fully loaded Yeti ARC in 18". Good prices on both and they ride like a wet dream.
                  Are you getting rid of them to upgrade?

I've heard that PDC is a great place to hike and even better to ride. I'd like to get out there before the end of the summer too. My wife is very limited on when she can take vacay so I just might have to talk a buddy into trying a bike/camp expedition for a few days.

Comment

What is PDC, where is it?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403553199.548736.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	24311096
                      newest ride in progress!Niner 29" Jet9 alloy my first squishy bike!!! I'm the background you can see my Trek Marlin SS.

Thanks
                      LWR2

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                        I was out there last March for camping, riding and fishing. It was my first time and it was a blast! Top notch place. Awesome trails and beautiful scenery. Lots of climbing and I prefer longer down hills but still one of the best rides in Texas. That lake has some decent bass as well.

I RV camp out at Jim Hogg on Lake G-town fairly often. It is rough. Seems like I have a sidewall blowout every time I go for a long ride out there. Lots of sharp limestone. My tires don't like it, and I don't like replacing $50 tires.
                        Last edited by Birddog66; 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Don't ask me. I'm still riding the same Diamondback mountain bike I bought 2nd hand in college 25 years ago. Strangest thing - it still rides just like it did 25 years ago. Gets me where I'm going. I guess I don't see the need for a $4K bike when my old $200 does just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
                            [ATTACH]629677[/ATTACH]
                            newest ride in progress!Niner 29" Jet9 alloy my first squishy bike!!! I'm the background you can see my Trek Marlin SS.

Thanks
                            LWR2
                            Nice bike! My next one will be full suspension for sure

Comment

I've got a 2005 Kona stinky for sale if youre interested in downhill. I used to race downhill completively a few years ago. I'm fat now and dont ride much. Tons of upgrades from racing and in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by CitifiedBowman View Post
                                What is PDC, where is it?
                                PDC= Palo Duro Canyon State Park AKA my backyard outside of Amarillo and Canyon. There's trails out there. I haven't been in way too long, I'm not even sure they're clay soup right now I'll go check this week ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X