Suunto or Garmin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suunto or Garmin?

I am looking at getting a new watch, features I want/ need are GPS, run tracking, navigation assistance, and preferably Bluetooth capabilities to connect with phone for downloading information etc. Which brand is more reliable, better made, etc ?

Garmin fenix

Comment

Bump

Comment

I’ve been looking at these two also. I’m kinda digging the Suunto Alpha, but the Fenix 5 is pretty spiffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Suunto Alpha Traverse. I don’t use any of the functions but they are all there. Very cool watch.

Comment

I have the Garmin Fenix 5 and love it. The battery lasts for 2+ weeks at a time and it’s easy to navigate. I also like the Garmin app that it syncs with.

Last, but not least, it’s a really comfortable watch.

Comment

Garmin Fenix for everyday use and 920 xt for sports

Comment

I have the Garmin Fenix 5s and pretty much have the same experience as Buckley. I like the train and heart function as well. Nice being able to see calorie burn and realized I had been running too big of a deficit.

Comment

Garmin Fenix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Suunto has the best features, but is more expensive. Garmin is almost as good and less expensive. Both are way better than Fitbit.

Comment

I had the Fenix 3HR and now have the Fenix 5X Plus Sapphire, slightly higher in watch but worth the money if used daily. I used mine every morning at the gym to track HR / excercises and cycling on the weekends that’s links to all my bike sensors. it’s used on hikes and rides with family and also tracks spot and stalks which you’ll be really surprised at how far or short you actually go looking back at the maps. I have Garmin Connect but never use it since everything loads to Strava automatically.

It will cost you quite abit but it’s worth the money if you use it for you everything watch as advised.

Comment

I've got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 that does almost everything a Fenix 5 does, but a lot cheaper. Obviously not as nice a watch, but still pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X