Son's 2nd Buck...Mason County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son's 2nd Buck...Mason County

Proud moment for sure...my son shot his first buck last year at the age of 5 and tagged # 2 Sunday evening. I had some history with this buck as I arrowed him the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I trailed blood for 300 yards before finding my arrow which told the story: non-lethal shot as it hit bone in the shoulder.

When he walked out Sunday evening I gave little man the green light. The next 15 minutes was a roller coaster ride as the buck made his way through clearings on his way down towards the water trough. Of course we played the- "I can't see him game"...then an ear plug fell out...fixed that then he got on him about 100 yards out. I managed to hold it together as I watched my 6 yr old son take a great Mason County buck just before he disappeared into the brush.
    Attached Files

Congrats to you both! I'm glad ya'll got him!

Comment

Congrats to the young hunter and to the dad! Memories being made

Comment

congrats to your son, he'll remember this forever

Comment

Congrats to your son!! As a father, I can't wait for this moment. My boys are 5 & 7 and I'd love for this year to be the year my 7 year old takes one. What caliber is your son shooting?

Comment

Very nice, congrats to you and your son.

Comment

Good deer, congratulations to the young man.

Comment

Great buck, congratulations to both of you!

Comment

Congratulations to your son!

Comment

congrats to both of you. Making memories for a lifetime!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                      Congrats to your son!! As a father, I can't wait for this moment. My boys are 5 & 7 and I'd love for this year to be the year my 7 year old takes one. What caliber is your son shooting?
                      Jzoch- he's shooting a 7mm-08. We started at 4 with a scope on his pellet gun then worked up to a .17hmr. He has only ever shot the 7mm-08 or .243 while hunting. He has the 2 bucks and pig under his belt so far...I will keep an eye on your post later this year- I bet you can get him on one!

Comment

AWESOME, Congrats!

Comment

Thank you all! He is still walking around bragging to everyone. Of course it only cost me a shoulder mount.

Comment

Stud.

Comment

Good stuff! Congrats! My youngest daughter (10) got her first deer and pig this year. Now all 4 of my kids are on the board...and all shot their first deer, wife too, with the same .243 which I think is pretty cool. Love seeing those kiddos in the outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                              X