MLB at Williamsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLB at Williamsport

The Pirates and Cards are playing their game at the L.L. World Series complex.

Pretty cool to see houses, telephone poles trees and hills over the out field wall. Seeing the pretzel, cheese and hot dogs stand behind the stands. The crack of the bat sounds like an explosion like it should. The catchers mitt is popping with the closeness of the stands. The players are wearing jersey's with their nick names on their backs. The Pirates are using yellow bats. One of the pros had a bunch of kids autograph his shoes he is wearing.
    Just looks like the MLB guys are enjoying it as much as the kids are.

I rarely watch the Rangers and never any other teams. It's just good ole baseball.

It was pretty cool seeing MLB Players hanging out with little leaguers at the game earlier.
    By the way, Texas is still in it! Thought id see people talking on here talking about the team from Lufkin.

Comment

One of the MLB players brought 200 snow cones for all of the little league players.

Cool stuff

Comment

The major leaguers interacting with the little leaguers today was great - the look on those boys faces was priceless. I am enjoying watching the Pirates and the Cards play in that 2,500 seat stadium - looks like good ol' country hardball!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          The major leaguers interacting with the little leaguers today was great - the look on those boys faces was priceless. I am enjoying watching the Pirates and the Cards play in that 2,500 seat stadium - looks like good ol' country hardball!
          It's the grassroots of baseball. How it all started at small fields.

Comment

The guy wearing those decorated by kids is awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanman View Post
              It was pretty cool seeing MLB Players hanging out with little leaguers at the game earlier.
              By the way, Texas is still in it! Thought id see people talking on here talking about the team from Lufkin.
              Yes sir, the Thundering 13 won another game! Those kids are good. I know several of the parents, bunch of good kids on that team

Comment

Really Cool.

I hope those Lufkin Kids win it all.

Comment

So they're not actually playing at the LLWS complex. Just in the same town (Williamsport, PA). There's a single A team there for the Phillies (Williamsport Crosscutters) and that's where they're playing. Pretty neat stadium. But the dugouts are from the 50's and so are the locker rooms haha. Don't know how they'll all fit in there. We barely could when I played there back in 2010.

As far as the whole thing... ITS AWESOME. Phenomenal idea to get big leaguers involved. I think they took and ran with it. Really interacting with the kids. And the kids faces say it all. I hope they do this every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man,I meant to DVR that game and forgot!
                    Very cool deal.Sure hope they do ot every year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                      Man,I meant to DVR that game and forgot!
                      Very cool deal.Sure hope they do ot every year!

Same here. Can't believe I forgot to record it. Oh well, my wife has plenty of episodes of the Kardasian's and Bachelor in Paradise for me to enjoy......please shoot me in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Same here. Can't believe I forgot to record it. Oh well, my wife has plenty of episodes of the Kardasian's and Bachelor in Paradise for me to enjoy......please shoot me in the face.
                        Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                        X