Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about changing cams ... Mathews Z7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about changing cams ... Mathews Z7.

I have a Mathews Z7. It came with a 28" cam. After shooting it a little, i swapped it for a 27.5" cam. Now... I think the 28" would be a better fit.... so my question is...

If I swapped out the 27.5 for a 28" cam, would I have to mess with the nock point and peep sight ???

Not sure if .5 " draw would cause those to be out of whack... any one done this?????

thanx,

David

If I take a bow apart, especially to the point of exchanging a cam... it gets completely re tuned.

but that's just me.

Comment

I figure to do that... just wondering how much of adjustment it may cause.

Comment

Did it mess it up when you did the swap the first time?

Comment

Did you take measurements before the cam swap? Like from the top axle to the center of the d loop. Or from the top of the center serving to the center of the d loop. And from the center of the d loop to the center of your peep sight. If you did you could set them right back if they need to move.

Comment

No & no... I hadn't settled in the peep when I switched. Which is, I think my mistake. I really switched cams before getting used to the bow. Now that I have shot it for a season... I think the extra .5 " would be better for my form and would feel better.

Guess I will go to the local shop(Archery Country) and see what we can do.

Comment

You it need to make some small adjustment to get it back to shooting good for you. But it should not be anything really dramatic. They will help ya out.

Comment

Most likely you will have to mess with it. I just changed cams on my bow but I also put a new string on it, so I started from scratch anyway.

Comment

if you need help let me know. I'm not near as quick as they are at archery country but I have everything at my house and can eventually get it done...

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                    if you need help let me know. I'm not near as quick as they are at archery country but I have everything at my house and can eventually get it done...
                    you got a 28" cam laying around

Comment

No but I do have a 30.5" Mathews cam here at the house...

I assumed since you said it originally came with a 28" cam that you might still have it.

Comment

naah... since it was new, I traded it for a 27.5 at Archery Country.

Comment

Working...
                        X