K.a.p. 0002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K.a.p. 0002

This is my second video of a pig shot, and it isn't much better than the first.
    It is tough to video in the dark, and work a bow light from inside a tent blind.

I still think some of you will enjoy it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG0ChkKI8G8"]YouTube - KAP 0002[/ame]
    Attached Files

Kill a pig
    Kill a pig
    Kill a pig pig pig!!!!
    I love the counter! 0002
    I think I'll copy that one if it's okay?
    First to triple digits buys the other a steak!?!

Comment

You got some really neat colored pigs out there, Rick!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Mac - that is video #0002, but It's actually I believe 16 pigs now with that same arrow, and broadhead.

Bisch - yep, there's all kinds of em here, that look anywhere from barnyard pets to russian boar. The old big boys seldom come out in the daylight, so I'mma gonna have ta set a tree in the dark some night, and introduce one to my light. 8^)

The arrow hung up on the fletching in the exit hole. I think I was short drawing a little trying to get the light out the window to stop it from blinding me, and I also think when I clipped the camera tripod on the shot, that it robbed a little energy.

Still all good, with a double lunger, and he'll be some real good eatin.

Comment

That's impressive!
          Dull it up a little! Make em gill the pain. Lol
          I hate pigs!
          We have an array of colors on our swine as well.

Comment

From that hole where you see my arrow laying, the pig was another 30 yards. and it was hands, and knees all the way in, and all the way back out.

Why do we go to so much trouble for a "Stink Nasty Pig" ? LOL

Comment

Some day I will get to hunt some hawgs.

Comment

Nice video and congrats on the kill

Comment

congrats

Comment

Way to go Rick! Congrats!

Comment

That was a good hunt!, anytime you have some success to show is always a good hunt, congrats!.

Again buddy,,,we are going to agree one more time...Just funning, LOL!!. You are right about the light might doing better outside your pop-up. When you turned it on it also blinded me to where i could see nothing outside of it. Maybe then we might be able to see the arrow connecting as well.

How in the world did you get into that "LITTLE" brush tunnel to go get him (very little compared to you)...LOL!

GILBERT

Comment

LOL Gilbert, your right on. That was a small hole, and the tunnels through that brush, and briar are tight.

Once again, I look like I been in a cat fight, and lost.

I was a little smarter this time, and went in with this. Makes a pretty good machete, as well as a bone whackin quarterin tool.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well done. Can I make a suggestion?
                          If once you have your camera set up, zoom all the way in on something at the distance you expect to shoot. Turn the auto focus off or put it on manuel. Then zoom back in. The brush or what ever between you and the animal will be fuzzy but the pigs will be clear as the camera will be focused for that distance. I'm no camera guy just some thing I stumbled on thru trial and error

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            Well done. Can I make a suggestion?
                            If once you have your camera set up, zoom all the way in on something at the distance you expect to shoot. Turn the auto focus off or put it on manuel. Then zoom back in. The brush or what ever between you and the animal will be fuzzy but the pigs will be clear as the camera will be focused for that distance. I'm no camera guy just some thing I stumbled on thru trial and arrow
                            Thanks Marty. Will do.

This little camera is just a Canon Powershot A590. It really ain't made for doing any kind of great video, but it works ok. I'll play with it, and see if I can do as you suggest.

One of the problems with not being able to see the shot was, I waited to long, and the pig was at a bad angle for the camera. If I had shot him when he was straight out through that hole in the brush, I think both the light, and the camera would have worked a little better. If you pause the video right before the shot, you can see the pig's head on the left side of the tree limb.

I'm gonna try to set up a ladder stand for doing the night time video from now on. Should make it a lot easier.

Comment

Rick, another suggestion. Please take us old farts into account, and maybe you can use white?, yellow? fonts instead of red on your screen notes. It sure would be easier to pick up immidiately, and read before it is gone.

What is the lenght of the machete????...that is one mean looking knife.

GILBERT

Comment

Working...
                              X