Bow weather protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow weather protection?

Do any of you guys wax your bows or put any thing on them to protect the wood against foul weather? With glass limbs it shouldnt be a problem but the sides are exposed and so is the riser wood. Just curious what you guys think?

I use pledge on my bows - keeps em looking good. Water isn't a problem unless you have cracks in your finish on the bow. The sides and riser are sealed (or should be)

Comment

your entire bow should be coated with some type of lacquer or other type of finish that will protect the wood from moisture

Comment

Your right. I shoot a Thunderstick MOAB and it has been coated all over. I might put a little pledge on it for extra insurance now and then. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Bob told me I aught to wax mine with car wax every once in a while. I still have yet to do it though.

Bisch

Comment

i use johnsons paste wax for floors and string wax

Comment

String wax, and I use a good furniture wax on the bow itself. Bob said to do it, so I snapped to...

Comment

Paste wax about every 6 months. Do it a few weeks before you hunt and the ordor will dissapate.

Comment

Working...
                X