Anybody hunt/shoot with this quiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody hunt/shoot with this quiver?

I know they have been around a while but I've never seen anyone toting one in the woods.

I'm trying to find a good quiver that doesn't attach to the bow. Don't know if I want a back quiver or not. This one looks like it might have some different carry options.

Any feedback?

Any suggestions for quivers that are good for hunting, (probably more stand hunting than spot n stalk) and for shooting 3D/target shoots?

Thanks.

any back quiver will work well for both hunting and 3D

Comment

Do they feel restricting or binding when you shoot? I get kind of "claustrophobic" with stuff around my neck/back. I guess I need to try one.

Comment

Hey Chew.

When I use a back quiver the ST AM is all I use anymore. I love mine, but still prefer a bow quiver.

It is fully adjustable to ride just about any way you want it to, and is very comfortable. Very easy to get arrows from also, but protects them well.

If I were a back quiver guy, I would never use anything else.

Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. I did a quick search and couldn't find it. Are those initials for something else or is that the name of it?

Comment

Sorry Chew.

Safari Tuff, Arrow Master, designed & produced by Rod Jenkins.

There is also a very similar quiver called DawgWare, sold by John Pardue at the Outdoor Core, which is a real good one also.

Rick

Comment

Ok. I'm a little slow today. Thanks for the input! I like the looks of the Dawgware.
              Last edited by Chew; 12-20-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I don't like back quivers. But If I was to go elk hunting or some kind of hunt where I had to stalk, the Safari Tuff or cat quiver is what I would use.

Bisch

Comment

I've tried all kinds of quivers. In south Texas where I do a lot of Stalking I like a bow quiver for its ease of manuvering through the brush. For 3-D and stumping I like a back quiver for its capacity and traditional styling. For tree stand hunting I like an Asbell type or sidequiver because I can take them off and hang on the tree. I have settled on the Kanati angle bow quiver for all my usuage, because I want to keep my equipment the same all year around. I really prefer my bows without a bowquiver attached, but have settled on the bowquiver as the best compromise.

Comment

If using a back quiver I like the Mini Cat Quiver, holds enough arrows and is easily slid around to position under your arm for going through brush and protects the fletching. I have always wanted to try a Safari Tuff however, they are great looking quivers as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I don't like back quivers. But If I was to go elk hunting or some kind of hunt where I had to stalk, the Safari Tuff or cat quiver is what I would use.

Bisch
                      Bisch, what do you use? Thanks.

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                      I've tried all kinds of quivers. In south Texas where I do a lot of Stalking I like a bow quiver for its ease of manuvering through the brush. For 3-D and stumping I like a back quiver for its capacity and traditional styling. For tree stand hunting I like an Asbell type or sidequiver because I can take them off and hang on the tree. I have settled on the Kanati angle bow quiver for all my usuage, because I want to keep my equipment the same all year around. I really prefer my bows without a bowquiver attached, but have settled on the bowquiver as the best compromise.
                      That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm easing slowly into trad hunting (mostly hogs). I hunt from ladderstands, lock-on treestands, the occasional ground blind, and some spot and stalk. I need something I can hang on a hook and access while in the tree. But I want something to carry a lot of arrows for 3D, rabbit hunting, etc. Too many dang choices.

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                      If using a back quiver I like the Mini Cat Quiver, holds enough arrows and is easily slid around to position under your arm for going through brush and protects the fletching. I have always wanted to try a Safari Tuff however, they are great looking quivers as well!
                      I forgot about the cat quivers. Rancho Safari has some good products. I'll see what they got. I need something by February when I go to Buff's ranch for the trad get together hunt. Chunky's gonna have us shooting at aspirins and nickels so I need plenty of arrows!

Comment

Bobby, I got a Mini Cat Quiver as well as the Cat quiver that also has a day pack built in. I can bring them down to Buffs to let you look at and keep one or both to try out after the hunt if you want. You talking about wanting to be able to hang a quiver up, I too use a Kanati Pro Angle quiver extensively and it takes about 30 seconds to pop it off your bow and hang it up. It comes off as one very solid unit and I really like it. The latest ones they have actually have a hanging bracket built onto them. I normally leave the quiver on my "stupid little short bows" cause it helps add some needed weight as they are so light. However the one I set up for night hunting hogs I couldn't put the quiver on so I just hand carried it to the tree and hung it up once up in the ladder stand. Just saw the "shooting asprins and nickels out of the air", crap, I'll need to bring a 5 gallon bucket!! NOT!! I know and live by my downfalls and abilities!lol
                        Last edited by trad"Doc"53; 12-20-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I have one and really like it. Very quiet while walkin, and easy to remove an arrow with minimal sound signature. For the money I think you will find a use for the quiver either hunting, stumping, or 3d.

Comment

I made this quiver about 15 years ago after making just about every kind of quiver there is and this one is a perfect fit for me. It has a Martin ten arrow bar on it and a water proof hood that clips over the fletching when it's wet. You can even go through fences or brush with it by grabbing it and moving it around.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              I made this quiver about 15 years ago after making just about every kind of quiver there is and this one is a perfect fit for me. It has a Martin ten arrow bar on it and a water proof hood that clips over the fletching when it's wet. You can even go through fences or brush with it by grabbing it and moving it around.
                              I made one like this about the time same frame, except i set it up as a side quiver and it was an 8 arrow quiver. I still use it sometimes when I'm hunting ground blinds.

Comment

Working...
                              X