Waterproof Chippewas and Rocky Aztec Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterproof Chippewas and Rocky Aztec Boots

I know snake boot threats are a dime a dozen here but I had a couple specific questions.

How much hotter are the waterproof Chippewas than the regular ones? And are the Rocky Aztecs even worth considering? They don't look bad and are quite comfortable. I've heard/read a few things about the soles but was wanting some more opinions. I bought a pair of Rocky work boots recently and will not buy them again. The leather and soles on the snake boots seem to be a little different and was wondering if they were of any different quailty.

In the past I've worn Justins as my every day boot for but was thinking about trying something different just to get the comparison. I have a pair of Danners that I hunt in, but just about throw my back out trying to pull them on and off so I don't see myself wearing them as an every-day boot.

The Chipp's have a thick waterproof membrane....summer use they get real warm. I had a pair. I jumped on the Rocky Aztec bandwagon.....--Their very comfortable, Light and do not get as hot. I really like mine. Been using for since they came out. Can't go wrong. they feel like your wearing some running shoes. Nice cushioning inside make them conform to your foot real nice. IMO

Comment

rockys in the summer

Comment

I like my Rockys

Comment

Do The Aztecs have a pull loop on the back of the boot, I never thought I'd miss that feature till I got my new ones that didn't have one, on hot days there a bear to get on and off W/O THAT LOOP...

Comment

I try to stay out of southTX and Mexico in the HEAT of the summer! Too hot to be fooling around outside anyway... I just wear CHIP's

Comment

i have a pair of rockys and love them just stay way from the side zip ones they are a pain when you get the zipper covered in mud

Comment

I have had my Rocky's for the past 6 years and haven't had problem with them been in water 12" deep and never had them leak. A friend of mine wore some chips to a hunt at Aransas WMA a couple years ago and found out his water proof chips were not really water proof.

Comment

I looked at some Chippewas at Carters country today- $179 & $199 were the prices.

The 199ers looked and felt better, but didn't say waterproof on them.

If you look on their website, only a few of their snake boots say water proof - the "Made in USA" flag goes away on those models and the size width is M & W as opposed to D AND E,EE on the others- I 'm guessing there is a chance those are made elsewhere.

I'll have to check out the Aztecs next.

Comment

Working...
                  X