Torn Rotator Cuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn Rotator Cuff

Not something anyone wants but especially not this time of year.

I don't know how I did it or when, I just know that I did it lol.

No bow hunting for me this year for the first time in forever and I'm sure bummed out about that.

Orthopedist gave me a steroid shot and said to give it 3 months to see how it's doing. If I'm still in pain then he'll have to surgically repair it.

Getting older ain't all that it's cracked up to be but it sure beats the alternative.

Rotator cuff tears done repair themselves. Been through it 3 times. Shots work for a short period of time, then its surgery. Just do it now and don’t waste time. Good luck.

Comment

my girlfriend just went through it and I'd suggest don't waste time get the surgery

Comment

I would get an MRI to see exactly what your dealing with. I can fax over a prescription for you if needed, just give me the name of the nearest Radiology Center you want to use.

Comment

Agree with don't heal themselves, been through it too, get surgery now.

Comment

Been there...I had a torn rotator and torn labrum. I had multiple shots but they just prolonged the need for surgery. As others have said go ahead with the surgery and save yourself 6 months. I have 6 screws and wire mesh in my right shoulder. Make sure you do the PT afterwords and take it seriously. Also make sure you get the iceman after surgery, that thing is awesome.

Comment

BTDT on Both. Lost a Bow Season on the first. BIGGEST thing is the PT. Do It and don't slack. It WILL help the recovery and your Range of Motion.

Comment

I had two grade 2 tears in mine. Did the shots and couple months of physical therapy and I’m able to shoot my bow fine. I work outside everyday not a desk job. Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe I just prolonged a surgery? I’d suggest giving PT a serious try before getting cut on.

Comment

ugh... guess I need to finally give in and get mine checked. Been fighting with it for couple months. Trying to ignore it and hope it goes away just doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

To those of you who have had surgery, how long was recovery? ex. How long off work?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      Not something anyone wants but especially not this time of year.

I don't know how I did it or when, I just know that I did it lol.

No bow hunting for me this year for the first time in forever and I'm sure bummed out about that.

Orthopedist gave me a steroid shot and said to give it 3 months to see how it's doing. If I'm still in pain then he'll have to surgically repair it.

Getting older ain't all that it's cracked up to be but it sure beats the alternative.
                      it will not get better, especially if you over about 30,,, it's going to need to be fixed,,, insurance companies try to avoid paying for the surgery by making dr give a shot to fix a tear,,,,, I have been through it!

I had a full thickness tear surgery was on july 22 I was pulling low poundage by early sept,, but not comfortable enough to bow hunt even though I made 60# a couple times a day by season opener,,, so instead of risking a re injury I did not bow hunt that year

if u get the surgery make sure the dr can do othroscopic ( I know it's spelled wrong),,, don't use one of the slice and dice dr's ,,, my surgery was done right with very good recovery although I will never be 100% again it has healed well with only 5 tiny incisions
                      Last edited by xman59; 07-18-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                        To those of you who have had surgery, how long was recovery? ex. How long off work?
                        I had three rotator cuff tears and a bicep tear. The RC tears are sewn up and the bicep tear is cut loose and cut out tear then screwed back to bone with a dewalt cordless... You get the pic...

I was out of work 3 months and went back with partial restrictions and I work inside. The rehab is the worst thing you will ever go through other than being burnt alive. Kidney stone may be as bad but they only last for a couple of days. Rehab last for months...

Had it done a little earlier in the year and did get to hunt some. Put 30/40 lb limbs on and shot a spike. Then said **** it and went home.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          it will not get better, especially if you over about 30,,, it's going to need to be fixed,,, insurance companies try to avoid paying for the surgery by making dr give a shot to fix a tear,,,,, I have been through it!

I had a full thickness tear surgery was on july 22 I was pulling low poundage by early sept,, but not comfortable enough to bow hunt even though I made 60# a couple times a day by season opener,,, so instead of risking a re injury I did not bow hunt that year

You sir are one badarse bad mo bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            I had three rotator cuff tears and a bicep tear. The RC tears are sewn up and the bicep tear is cut loose and cut out tear then screwed back to bone with a dewalt cordless... You get the pic...

I was out of work 3 months and went back with partial restrictions and I work inside. The rehab is the worst thing you will ever go through other than being burnt alive. Kidney stone may be as bad but they only last for a couple of days. Rehab last for months...

Had it done a little earlier in the year and did get to hunt some. Put 30/40 lb limbs on and shot a spike. Then said **** it and went home.
                            hope you are doing well today WCB!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post

Well..... I think that just set me to pushing it off for a few more months...

Comment

Working...
                              X