No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or at least the windy conditions will cover the sound of hunters moving around!

Comment

ended up not go going to granger last night. buddy called me that owns some land and asked me if I wanted to deer hunt it last night so I went there instead. got a nice 8 point 14 1/2 in inside spread. I donated the meat to him since he can no longer hunt due to a motorcycle accident that left him in a chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
        ended up not go going to granger last night. buddy called me that owns some land and asked me if I wanted to deer hunt it last night so I went there instead. got a nice 8 point 14 1/2 in inside spread. I donated the meat to him since he can no longer hunt due to a motorcycle accident that left him in a chair.
        Congrats and good deed!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

wish I could post the pic of him biggest boded Texas deer I've see to date

Comment

I went out to Gate 5/6 yesterday. I saw a bunch of sign, and then off in the distance, I heard some hogs. They sounded really ****ed off too, like two boars fighting or an injured pig. I made my way over there, and as I got closer, I kicked up a pretty good sized hog that I must of missed while glassing the brush pile. I stood there for a minute, thinking I blew my chance, and then I heard the hogs again, and this time they sounded much closer.

At this point my heart is racing like crazy, since I haven't taken a hog from Granger yet. I seriously could barely nock an arrow. I managed to slowly stalk up, and the squealing was so loud I knew that the hogs were right around the corner of this bamboo/brushy kind of area. I slowly made my way around, only to be greeted by the letters "Ameristep". Turns out it was just a guy in a ground blind with an electronic hog call.

So I made my way out of that area as quickly and as quietly as I could and then ****ed myself laughing. I'm not sure if the hunter(s) saw me, but if it was one of y'all, I'm sorry if I threw any salt in your game. If I was a pig, you would have gotten me for sure.
            Last edited by AdonisVonDanger; 11-28-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I need to make a trip out hog hunting out there sometime soon. anyone off on like Friday morning. would good to go out there with another person.

Comment

Howdy. Been trawling the thread for a while and figure I might as well start contributing.

I've been out to gates 5 and 6 a couple times now and seen 4 deer and no hogs either at dawn or dusk or anytime in between. Anyone mind commenting on at least when they've seen hogs anywhere out at Granger?

In my last trip I went through the brush out behind gate 5 towards the lake and only scared up some cows then camped from 3 - 5 in a clearing just off the lake where there were two clearly used hog wallows. Still nothing. Hope that helps someone know where not to look!

Good luck out there.

Comment

Granger Ranger: where they are changes with the season and weather. You are most likely to catch them moving in daylight on a cloudy/foggy or rainy day. On sunny days, they are holed up in the thickets and are tough to see before they see/hear you. If you are going out on sunny days, try and go with another hunter. That way pigs getting out of a bed to avoid one hunter, may stumble into the sights of another.

Comment

Appreciate the advice, NightStalker.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                      Granger Ranger: where they are changes with the season and weather. You are most likely to catch them moving in daylight on a cloudy/foggy or rainy day. On sunny days, they are holed up in the thickets and are tough to see before they see/hear you. If you are going out on sunny days, try and go with another hunter. That way pigs getting out of a bed to avoid one hunter, may stumble into the sights of another.
                      Great info, I'll just add not to forget to glass those dark areas under the thickets in front of you before you walk up on them. Other Rangers and I have killed many this way in the past.

Comment

was out at the primitive boat launch yesterday late afternoon doing some fishing. seen group of about 15 on the other side of the river right at about dark. they was just milling around not a care in the world

Comment

Granger Ranger?, thats a mighty big name to live up to on TBH

Comment

All you new guys that are pinning for information from the revered Green Screen on where, how and when to hunt pigs at Granger need to join us on this hunt.

We Rangers have a saying, "If you want to know, you have to go!".

Sign up, get boots on the ground with people that have been hunting out there for DECADES and learn by doing!

This is a hunt of a lifetime, and we do it every year!

GRXH 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Granger Ranger?, thats a mighty big name to live up to on TBH
                              Yea, well who the hell is bossbowman...?

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                Yea, well who the hell is bossbowman...?
                                Oh ****. [emoji16]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X