No announcement yet.

How many dads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cut both of my kids. Wasn't a big deal to me. Not sure what the significance is.

Somehow my boy reattached his to his momma.

Comment

Tina had a C section because Konnor wasn't wanting to come out.
      They didn't bring me in the room, until they were just about ready to pull him out.
      The nurse ushered me to the north side of the curtain.
      My first sight of Konnor was when they put him in the little glass bed thingamabob.
      As I rolled him out, I saw all the bloody towels and stuff on the floor.
      I can slice and dice on an animal, all day, every day, but the sight of people blood dang near makes me pass smooth out.

Especially when it's my own!

So, no, I didn't cut the cord, nor did I want to.

Comment

cut both of my boys...wouldnt have missed it

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter4l1fe View Post
          I thought it was more like an electrician saying "I'm just about done. You wanna flip the switch?"

Comment

Nope. My job was on the north end, the doc's job was on the south end. Worked out well that way.

Comment

I hate hospitals and needles so I was just focused on not passing out!!! If I cut either kids I honestly don't remember. I think I might have done my sons at least! I could climb in the belly of a whale and skin him out but I hate seeing people blood! I won't even look at a car wreck scene if there's already people there and they don't need help!

Comment

I would if it was offered. I don't see a big deal to it.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                  I cut cords on both my kids. i felt like it was an honor.
                  I felt the opposite. I wasn't going to be the evil person to pull them out of that warm place and separate them from mommy. Let the Dr be the bad one.

Comment

I did not. Mine managed to wrap the cord around his neck and the whole thing went from labor to the salad spoons to here he is in less than a minute. I was still putting my scrubs on.

Comment

On my 1st daughter, it wasn't an option. She was born 2 mo premature, and when they delivered her, the umbilical cord and 2 monitor cords were wrapped around her neck. Other than open heart at 6 mo and her hearing loss she's always been healthy ever since.

The other 2 were born healthy, but I figured we're paying the Dr pretty good, I'll let her do it.

Comment

I cut my son's and that was the 4th time during the delivery that I passed out. I am now out of the child breeding business so that will be the only cord that I cut.

The worst part about the entire delivery process was looking at the Dr while she pulled out what looked like a dang knitting needle stuck it in there and then BANG....stuff went everywhere and I was not ready for that at all. I got baby juice on my shoes....I got tunnel vision and the next I know I was in a chair with nurses and my now ex wife laughing at me.

I can clean and process just about any animal out there, but when it comes to people fluids, pieces and parts I am out!!
                        Last edited by Brockles5211; 08-01-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Not only did i not cut anything, i made them clean em both up before i would hold them. Looked like little aliens to me.

Yea I'm that guy!

Comment

Nope. C section wasn't allowed too.

Comment

Cut all 3 of my boys. Tried the pass the Dr a fiddy to add a few extra stitches after the last one....that didn't go over to well.

Comment

Yep, nothing to it..........but I did not change poop diapers!!!! LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X